Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal

This thread currently has 22,177 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
September 25, 2017, 8:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from fleabag1970
Clee town are a fantastic watch at the moment

I prefer Grimsby boro myself  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 133
HertsGTFC
September 25, 2017, 8:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

I am not sure of the actual mechanics of how the transfer of loans to shares would be done.  GTFC as a company are not on any of the financial markets so therefore the shares do not fluctuate. So the £100 share you own will always be worth £100. In normal companies, shareholders would expect a dividend on their investments.  I wonder if any clubs pay a dividend?  

On a side note, how the hell can the club charge $125, for a £100 share in the club shop?? Daylight robbery.

No, I don't think so, it doesn't go through the profit and loss account so wouldn't attract tax liabilities.

I was having a think last night as to my original question, as to why JF doesn't transfer his loans to shares. I came to the conclusion that it is because it is in JF best interest to keep them as loans.  The loans are secured over the clubs assets, so if the club went mammaries up, then he could try and get as much of his £2.2mil in loans back, before shareholders get a chance to reclaim their losses.  The clubs assets are currently £2.1, but only property is likely to be worth anything, and according to the statements is worth £1.6 mil.  

If JF transferred his loans to shares then he won't be first in the queue to get his money back. His shares would rise to 75-85% (Guestimate), if the club went mammaries up then he'd only get this percentage of his money back.

So to conclude, unless I am interpreting the whole situation wrong, then it's in JF interested to keep as loans and it's in the clubs interest to transfer as shares. and I refer you to my original quote:

Disclaimer:  the above is based on figures from the May 16 financial statements, which I have used to form my own opinion of events, in no way do I present the intentions of JF as fact, only my opinion.

Even if a business is not quoted the share price can change as it depends on what the perceived value of the business is. I currently work in a JV model business where we usually value a business at 2.5 x it's OP.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 133
golfer
September 25, 2017, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Even if a business is not quoted the share price can change as it depends on what the perceived value of the business is. I currently work in a JV model business where we usually value a business at 2.5 x it's OP.

Then you will know that every company has to have a business plan that is a truthful indication of the future aims of a company and plans for reaching them ' is this why we don't have a chairman ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 133
HertsGTFC
September 25, 2017, 10:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from golfer

Then you will know that every company has to have a business plan that is a truthful indication of the future aims of a company and plans for reaching them ' is this why we don't have a chairman ?

I'm sure GTFC has a business plan but I would not be surprised if it did not include anything relating to what happens on the pitch.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 133
Ahh Sole
September 25, 2017, 10:21am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I'm sure GTFC has a business plan but I would not be surprised if it did not include anything relating to what happens on the pitch.

Is it possible that the fagpacket it was written on has gone missing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 133
Cloudy
September 25, 2017, 10:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Cod marriner
The club has become a joke it's beyond boring now, i have stuck with it as long as I can but I'm having a break till something drastically changes I'm done with it. I know lots of folk who have stopped going and many very loyal ones too I think that tells a story of what is slowly happening here. I never thought I would stop going but it's just too painful to watch now. If we carry on like this then we'll drop quicker than knickers on a hore!

I appreciate you are only an irregular poster on here although the point you make is extremely valid.

I haven't stopped going (yet) but I know of many fans who have been going for decades and they have had enough of the smoke and mirrors type management of the club. Attendances will be hit heavily unless we really go on a winning run but in all honesty even that will not see BP rocking. Too many are going out of habit, nothing more.
There will be some who say a club is for life and will go week in week out regardless. It's a bit like some marriages, you aren't happy but go through the motions. Maybe some decide a separation or even divorce is better
What many think is it isn't going to get any better in the foreseeable future under JF's tenure and that isn't going to change either
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 133
rancido
September 25, 2017, 5:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from Cloudy

I appreciate you are only an irregular poster on here although the point you make is extremely valid.

I haven't stopped going (yet) but I know of many fans who have been going for decades and they have had enough of the smoke and mirrors type management of the club. Attendances will be hit heavily unless we really go on a winning run but in all honesty even that will not see BP rocking. Too many are going out of habit, nothing more.
There will be some who say a club is for life and will go week in week out regardless. It's a bit like some marriages, you aren't happy but go through the motions. Maybe some decide a separation or even divorce is better
What many think is it isn't going to get any better in the foreseeable future under JF's tenure and that isn't going to change either

I don't think what happens within the club affects the attendances as much as the results on the pitch. If town were in top spot and something happened within the clubs boardroom structure then I doubt that would affect the attendance of the next home match. But six home defeats on the run would definitely affect the next home attendance.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 133
headingly_mariner
September 25, 2017, 5:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from rancido

I don't think what happens within the club affects the attendances as much as the results on the pitch.
If town were in top spot and something happened within the clubs boardroom structure then I doubt that would affect the attendance of the next home match. But six home defeats on the run would definitely affect the next home attendance.

But surely what happens on the pitch is massively linked to what happens in the boardroom and how the club is run?
I agree that if we were top of the league some people wouldn't be as bothered. I do think that issues like the club voting for the checkatrade trophy would still not go down well if we were top of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 133
fleabag1970
September 25, 2017, 6:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
The only game I will be going to is the diz game ....

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 133
Cloudy
September 25, 2017, 7:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from fleabag1970
The only game I will be going to is the diz game ....

Do you mean the Turgoose & Griffith showbiz game?
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.