Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal

This thread currently has 22,171 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
September 23, 2017, 12:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
I'm sure it would be very interesting to hear from Mike Parker and the Trust about the same issue. I'm sure we won't but it would be nice to hear some alternative facts or fake news.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 133
mirrorballman
September 23, 2017, 12:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
Good morning my Fishy Friends,

Seems the flack continues towards me over the transfer of Trust shares to me, 200,000 of them.

I've asked the Trust in the past to clear such matters up as the flack isn't justified at all, but in the absence I will.

It's very True that in the situation I found myself through no fault of mine, that control did not sit within the boardroom.

To my recollection I don't recall ever stating that we would have to sell Liam Hearn, but it was the case that I stated I wouldn't put another penny in the club, untill shareholding control in the boardroom was restored.

It was a fact that by the December the Club needed funds without which speculation suggested we might need to sell a player. (Liam Hearn)

It is a fact that the Chair of the Trust and the CEO of the Club negotiated the proposal put to me.

At no time and to be very clear, did I coheres those discussions whatsoever, or were involved in meetings where they were discussed with members of the Trust.

Following Trust members voting for a Transfer to me the said block of shares, I then proposed that I would purchase £200.000 shares additional in effect balanceing the proposal.

There were several other ways my concers could have been met, with or without transferring of the shares, but this is what was put to me and I accepted in the best interest of the club.

I'm sure some will continue to twist these facts, but for the genuine fans that may want to know, this puts the record straight.

Kind regards John Fenty
UTM

Thank you for posting to clarify. For future reference, may I humbly suggest that you just state that something either did or did not happen.  I've heard the phrases 'To my recollection' and and 'I don't recall' misused by fibbing politicians when they've been caught out. I don't think that is the case here but it is not a perception you want others to have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 133
LongEatonMariner
September 23, 2017, 12:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Thanks John. You don't have to put yourself through this and it is appreciated by a lot of fans, me included.

Now 3points this afternoon please!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 133
crusty ole pie
September 23, 2017, 1:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,311
Gold Stars: 62
Think a lot of this could be avoided if the club was a little more open with the fans a small feature 3 times a year on iPlayer "VIEWS FROM THE BOARDROOM" don't expect confidential stuff to be disclosed but would be nice to be kept informed on ground progress ect
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 133
Codswede
September 23, 2017, 2:03pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Think a lot of this could be avoided if the club was a little more open with the fans a small feature 3 times a year on iPlayer "VIEWS FROM THE BOARDROOM" don't expect confidential stuff to be disclosed but would be nice to be kept informed on ground progress ect

For a while I've been hoping "John Fenty - Speaking Frankly" might be picked up as a series.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 133
September 23, 2017, 2:15pm
Guest User
I'm sure this is absolutely true and I understand where John is coming from. Nobody with any sense at all would put their money into a business where effectively, they cannot control the direction of that business. I appreciate Johns hard work, as a fan I judge his tenure on the pitch and it has been a desperate time which culminated in the unthinkable, I'm not sure we have learned too many lessons either. I am not happy that we seem to be okay with being fourth division also rans, I am angered at Scunthorpe lording it over us for so long.

Ideally, I'd like someone else to have a go. That thought is countered by the vague possibility of the new stadium. I suspect if John went, the new ground would go as well.
Reply: 15 - 133
dapperz fun pub
September 23, 2017, 2:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from 75
I'm sure this is absolutely true and I understand where John is coming from. Nobody with any sense at all would put their money into a business where effectively, they cannot control the direction of that business. I appreciate Johns hard work, as a fan I judge his tenure on the pitch and it has been a desperate time which culminated in the unthinkable, I'm not sure we have learned too many lessons either. I am not happy that we seem to be okay with being fourth division also rans, I am angered at Scunthorpe lording it over us for so long.

Ideally, I'd like someone else to have a go. That thought is countered by the vague possibility of the new stadium. I suspect if John went, the new ground would go as well.

Is the ground on the cards anyway ? Please update me on this ...Agree about scunny but even worse lincoln look to moving forward quickly not just in footballing terms but have infrastructure plans aswell while we talk about things but nothing seems to happen.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 133
TAGG
September 23, 2017, 2:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
FFS Me head hurts🤕🤕🤕🤕

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 133
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2017, 3:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,634
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
Good morning my Fishy Friends,

Seems the flack continues towards me over the transfer of Trust shares to me, 200,000 of them.

I've asked the Trust in the past to clear such matters up as the flack isn't justified at all, but in the absence I will.

It's very True that in the situation I found myself through no fault of mine, that control did not sit within the boardroom.

To my recollection I don't recall ever stating that we would have to sell Liam Hearn, but it was the case that I stated I wouldn't put another penny in the club, untill shareholding control in the boardroom was restored.

It was a fact that by the December the Club needed funds without which speculation suggested we might need to sell a player. (Liam Hearn)

It is a fact that the Chair of the Trust and the CEO of the Club negotiated the proposal put to me.

At no time and to be very clear, did I coheres those discussions whatsoever, or were involved in meetings where they were discussed with members of the Trust.

Following Trust members voting for a Transfer to me the said block of shares, I then proposed that I would purchase £200.000 shares additional in effect balanceing the proposal.

There were several other ways my concers could have been met, with or without transferring of the shares, but this is what was put to me and I accepted in the best interest of the club.

I'm sure some will continue to twist these facts, but for the genuine fans that may want to know, this puts the record straight.

Kind regards John Fenty
UTM

Thanks for putting the record straight I hope people can move forward now, but I doubt some will.

I find it quite sad that some posters on here have launched what is a vendetta based upon "caring for my club" rather than seeing the bigger picture and/or just pulling together to get behind the team.

John, I don't always agree with what you do or say and I do acknowledge that you are in a no win position and as well as keeping things going by supporting the club with a large amount of cash you have worked hard for the betterment of GTFC.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 133
grimps
September 23, 2017, 3:58pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Hey John
Just for the hell of it , how about an other operation promotion type thing with a commitment from you to match anything the fans raise ?
I know you've stuck loads of your loot into the club over the years but I reckon about £200000 is the difference between promotion and staying where we are in this league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.