Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Classic Threads  /  
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, September 23, 2017, 10:19am
Good morning my Fishy Friends,

Seems the flack continues towards me over the transfer of Trust shares to me, 200,000 of them.

I've asked the Trust in the past to clear such matters up as the flack isn't justified at all, but in the absence I will.

It's very True that in the situation I found myself through no fault of mine, that control did not sit within the boardroom.

To my recollection I don't recall ever stating that we would have to sell Liam Hearn, but it was the case that I stated I wouldn't put another penny in the club, untill shareholding control in the boardroom was restored.

It was a fact that by the December the Club needed funds without which speculation suggested we might need to sell a player. (Liam Hearn)

It is a fact that the Chair of the Trust and the CEO of the Club negotiated the proposal put to me.

At no time and to be very clear, did I coheres those discussions whatsoever, or were involved in meetings where they were discussed with members of the Trust.

Following Trust members voting for a Transfer to me the said block of shares, I then proposed that I would purchase £200.000 shares additional in effect balanceing the proposal.

There were several other ways my concers could have been met, with or without transferring of the shares, but this is what was put to me and I accepted in the best interest of the club.

I'm sure some will continue to twist these facts, but for the genuine fans that may want to know, this puts the record straight.

Kind regards John Fenty
UTM

Posted by: Fat Cobra, September 23, 2017, 10:22am; Reply: 1
Genuine fans.
Posted by: Getyourfactsright, September 23, 2017, 10:43am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Fat Cobra
Genuine fans.

There may well be some genuine fans who don't want to know!!!!!!

Posted by: Hagrid, September 23, 2017, 11:01am; Reply: 3
Hope we win today!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 23, 2017, 11:09am; Reply: 4
Wish you would just ignore it John a public forum is no place to discuss this matter no matter what you say some on here will never believe it.

Half of it is a bloody wind up I'm sure some get a real kick out of this.

PS. If we lose today don't go on the fishy.
Posted by: Garth, September 23, 2017, 11:28am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Seems the flack continues towards me over the transfer of Trust shares to me, 200,000 of them.

I've asked the Trust in the past to clear such matters up as the flack isn't justified at all, but in the absence I will.

It's very True that in the situation I found myself through no fault of mine, that control did not sit within the boardroom.

To my recollection I don't recall ever stating that we would have to sell Liam Hearn, but it was the case that I stated I wouldn't put another penny in the club, untill shareholding control in the boardroom was restored.

It was a fact that by the December the Club needed funds without which speculation suggested we might need to sell a player. (Liam Hearn)

It is a fact that the Chair of the Trust and the CEO of the Club negotiated the proposal put to me.

At no time and to be very clear, did I coheres those discussions whatsoever, or were involved in meetings where they were discussed with members of the Trust.

Following Trust members voting for a Transfer to me the said block of shares, I then proposed that I would purchase £200.000 shares additional in effect balanceing the proposal.

There were several other ways my concers could have been met, with or without transferring of the shares, but this is what was put to me and I accepted in the best interest of the club.

I'm sure some will continue to twist these facts, but for the genuine fans that may want to know, this puts the record straight.

Kind regards John Fenty
UTM

That puts it to bed then, thank Christ ----now Elvis spotted on the Pony turnstiles rumour needs an answer  ;D
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 23, 2017, 11:38am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Wish you would just ignore it John a public forum is no place to discuss this matter no matter what you say some on here will never believe it.

Half of it is a bloody wind up I'm sure some get a real kick out of this.

PS. If we lose today don't go on the fishy.

I think it’s great our non chairman inter acts with the fans the way he does
Posted by: Garth, September 23, 2017, 11:53am; Reply: 7
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I think it’s great our non chairman inter acts with the fans the way he does

Don`t know whether I do or don`t,  if it was all smileys it would be ok, but because its not he`s just fuelling the fires of whatever,  to some.
Still you have to admire his efforts as a fan to at least explain, ( let he with no sins cast the first stone)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 23, 2017, 12:14pm; Reply: 8
Can everyone move on please.  We can only influence and change the future.
Posted by: Ahh Sole, September 23, 2017, 12:21pm; Reply: 9
Thanks for the clarification. Now, about the loans..... ;)
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 23, 2017, 12:42pm; Reply: 10
I'm sure it would be very interesting to hear from Mike Parker and the Trust about the same issue. I'm sure we won't but it would be nice to hear some alternative facts or fake news.
Posted by: mirrorballman, September 23, 2017, 12:47pm; Reply: 11

Kind regards John Fenty
UTM

Thank you for posting to clarify. For future reference, may I humbly suggest that you just state that something either did or did not happen.  I've heard the phrases 'To my recollection' and and 'I don't recall' misused by fibbing politicians when they've been caught out. I don't think that is the case here but it is not a perception you want others to have.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, September 23, 2017, 12:54pm; Reply: 12
Thanks John. You don't have to put yourself through this and it is appreciated by a lot of fans, me included.

Now 3points this afternoon please!

UTM
Posted by: crusty ole pie, September 23, 2017, 1:02pm; Reply: 13
Think a lot of this could be avoided if the club was a little more open with the fans a small feature 3 times a year on iPlayer "VIEWS FROM THE BOARDROOM" don't expect confidential stuff to be disclosed but would be nice to be kept informed on ground progress ect
Posted by: Codswede, September 23, 2017, 2:03pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Think a lot of this could be avoided if the club was a little more open with the fans a small feature 3 times a year on iPlayer "VIEWS FROM THE BOARDROOM" don't expect confidential stuff to be disclosed but would be nice to be kept informed on ground progress ect

For a while I've been hoping "John Fenty - Speaking Frankly" might be picked up as a series.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 23, 2017, 2:15pm; Reply: 15
I'm sure this is absolutely true and I understand where John is coming from. Nobody with any sense at all would put their money into a business where effectively, they cannot control the direction of that business. I appreciate Johns hard work, as a fan I judge his tenure on the pitch and it has been a desperate time which culminated in the unthinkable, I'm not sure we have learned too many lessons either. I am not happy that we seem to be okay with being fourth division also rans, I am angered at Scunthorpe lording it over us for so long.

Ideally, I'd like someone else to have a go. That thought is countered by the vague possibility of the new stadium. I suspect if John went, the new ground would go as well.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 23, 2017, 2:37pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from 75
I'm sure this is absolutely true and I understand where John is coming from. Nobody with any sense at all would put their money into a business where effectively, they cannot control the direction of that business. I appreciate Johns hard work, as a fan I judge his tenure on the pitch and it has been a desperate time which culminated in the unthinkable, I'm not sure we have learned too many lessons either. I am not happy that we seem to be okay with being fourth division also rans, I am angered at Scunthorpe lording it over us for so long.

Ideally, I'd like someone else to have a go. That thought is countered by the vague possibility of the new stadium. I suspect if John went, the new ground would go as well.

Is the ground on the cards anyway ? Please update me on this ...Agree about scunny but even worse lincoln look to moving forward quickly not just in footballing terms but have infrastructure plans aswell while we talk about things but nothing seems to happen.  
Posted by: TAGG, September 23, 2017, 2:39pm; Reply: 17
FFS Me head hurts🤕🤕🤕🤕
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 23, 2017, 3:23pm; Reply: 18

Kind regards John Fenty
UTM

Thanks for putting the record straight I hope people can move forward now, but I doubt some will.

I find it quite sad that some posters on here have launched what is a vendetta based upon "caring for my club" rather than seeing the bigger picture and/or just pulling together to get behind the team.

John, I don't always agree with what you do or say and I do acknowledge that you are in a no win position and as well as keeping things going by supporting the club with a large amount of cash you have worked hard for the betterment of GTFC.

Posted by: grimps, September 23, 2017, 3:58pm; Reply: 19
Hey John
Just for the hell of it , how about an other operation promotion type thing with a commitment from you to match anything the fans raise ?
I know you've stuck loads of your loot into the club over the years but I reckon about £200000 is the difference between promotion and staying where we are in this league
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 23, 2017, 4:36pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from 75

I think that investing the amounts of money that would be needed to buy JF out and take us forward to (hate to say it) move us forward at the same pace as our neighbors are would be considerable. It's hard to see how you would get a return on such investment.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 23, 2017, 5:03pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think that investing the amounts of money that would be needed to buy JF out and take us forward to (hate to say it) move us forward at the same pace as our neighbors are would be considerable. It's hard to see how you would get a return on such investment.

Do lower level chairmen/ owners expect a return on investing in low level football ? Obviously premiership different story.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 23, 2017, 5:25pm; Reply: 22

Kind regards John Fenty
UTM

There seems to be spin or twisting as you seem to call it.

Both you and Parker agreed to fund the club £500K after Parker stated that benign loans are bad for the books, and attracting new investors.

Why did you and the board allow Parker to buy £500K worth of shares and then not match it as you had already agreed to match Parkers investment. By allowing Parker to have more shares meant Article 9 came into force, are you telling us that you wasn't aware of the rules regarding shareholding.

Parker showed his business skills when he gifted the trust £500k worth of shares, because this meant he wasn't forced to buy your shares or have the club without it's assets. Why did you put a covenant on the trust not to accept any more shares from Mike Parker.

Please set the record straight because the shares fiasco will rumble on, if you matched MP the trust would never had the shares and control would still have been in then boardroom. Genuine fans would like it as it was with no spin.
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 23, 2017, 5:31pm; Reply: 23
Brilliant post ..... we await the spin .... sorry answer
Posted by: Fat Cobra, September 23, 2017, 5:35pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from fleabag1970
Brilliant post ..... we await the spin .... sorry answer

That's the last we'll hear from him for 6 months
Posted by: Bigdog, September 23, 2017, 5:40pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Marinerz93

Both you and Parker agreed to fund the club £500K after Parker stated that benign loans are bad for the books, and attracting new investors.

Why did you and the board allow Parker to buy £500K worth of shares and then not match it as you had already agreed to match Parkers investment. By allowing Parker to have more shares meant Article 9 came into force, are you telling us that you wasn't aware of the rules regarding shareholding.

Parker showed his business skills when he gifted the trust £500k worth of shares, because this meant he wasn't forced to buy your shares or have the club without it's assets. Why did you put a covenant on the trust not to accept any more shares from Mike Parker.

Please set the record straight because the shares fiasco will rumble on, if you matched MP the trust would never had the shares and control would still have been in then boardroom. Genuine fans would like it as it was with no spin.

The OP doesn't seem to be that comprehensive or watertight to be honest. Still many grey areas. I'm not that bothered about the past and more interested in the future, but when I read it, it made me feel like I'd need to ask so many more questions to get the full picture. It leaves a load of nagging doubts in my head and including whether it was the club itself that benefitted at all in the end.. Wish I'd never read it to be honest.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 23, 2017, 5:49pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Marinerz93

Smashing retort sir.
Posted by: Ahh Sole, September 23, 2017, 6:12pm; Reply: 27

Kind regards John Fenty
UTM

I don't like that bit!
Posted by: WokingMariner, September 23, 2017, 6:12pm; Reply: 28
Ancient history. Move on everybody.
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 23, 2017, 6:31pm; Reply: 29
Move on ? .  We can learn from history . That's why Time Team was such a huge success
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 23, 2017, 6:37pm; Reply: 30
History repeats itself. The first time as tragedy. The second time as farce.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 23, 2017, 6:47pm; Reply: 31
I am not sure why people are still banging on about this? What does it prove in reality and more importantly what will labouring this actually achieve.

I know it's a message board but I am not sure it's a "fair fight" as JF has waived his right to aonimity whilst others still sit behind their usernames.

We are arguing about history whilst our rivals appear to move forward - what does that make us look like?

I just recall at one stadium meeting someone called JF "a crook" my dad (who's a bit of a nimby tbh) put that idiot right and stuck up for John. Reading some posts it feels a bit like that at the moment

People are demanding answers but in reality as it's a confidential business matter have we really got a right to an answer?

This topic is achieving nothing.
Posted by: Ahh Sole, September 23, 2017, 7:04pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I am not sure why people are still banging on about this? What does it prove in reality and more importantly what will labouring this actually achieve.

I know it's a message board but I am not sure it's a "fair fight" as JF has waived his right to aonimity whilst others still sit behind their usernames.

We are arguing about history whilst our rivals appear to move forward - what does that make us look like?

I just recall at one stadium meeting someone called JF "a crook" my dad (who's a bit of a nimby tbh) put that idiot right it and stuck up for John. Reading some posts it feels a bit like that at the moment

People are demanding answers but in reality as it's a confidential business matter have we really got a right to an answer?

Who is the OP?
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 23, 2017, 7:05pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from fleabag1970
Move on ? .  We can learn from history . That's why Time Team was such a huge success

Just like the Americans did from Vietnam.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 23, 2017, 7:11pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I just recall at one stadium meeting someone called JF "a crook" my dad (who's a bit of a nimby tbh) put that idiot right it and stuck up for John. Reading some posts it feels a bit like that at the moment

Firstly, it's not a confidential matter to members of the Trust (all collectively shareholders in the company) and individual shareholders in the company. If one shareholder (the Trust) gives away a significant shareholding (£200,000 worth) to another shareholder, no matter when it happened it still remains a relevant and live subject as what happened (whichever version you accept) reflects on the parties involved, and that matters for the future governance of the company and the club.

Secondly, if people took the attitude that we have no right to an answer, they're accepting that they have no interest in Grimsby Town Football Club other than as an entertainment business with which they have a purely transactional relationship. Once you reach that stage many more will simply stop going as often it's poor value purely on the entertainment level. But of course it means much more than that to most of us.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 23, 2017, 7:20pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Ahh Sole

Who is the OP?

Ha ha ha ha ........ flaw in my argument and english spotted!

Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 23, 2017, 7:23pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Firstly, it's not a confidential matter to members of the Trust (all collectively shareholders in the company) and individual shareholders in the company. If one shareholder (the Trust) gives away a significant shareholding (£200,000 worth) to another shareholder, no matter when it happened it still remains a relevant and live subject as what happened (whichever version you accept) reflects on the parties involved, and that matters for the future governance of the company and the club.

Secondly, if people took the attitude that we have no right to an answer, they're accepting that they have no interest in Grimsby Town Football Club other than as an entertainment business with which they have a purely transactional relationship. Once you reach that stage many more will simply stop going as often it's poor value purely on the entertainment level. But of course it means much more than that to most of us.

Fair point KM but are the people hounding for an answer trust members? Also I can't see how other than just I'll will this effects the governance of the company/club. Then again I work in. JV business and it's a fukin nightmare when partners on boards don't get on.

I am not sure about the constitution of the club but if it's that much of a burning issue impacting on the future surely someone should raise it as a question at the AGM?

Feels to me from the outside looking in that both parties have spun this at times to suit their agendas, but that's club politics I suppose.

Ironically it's funny what hindsight tells you, looking at his career and all the time on the treatment table if we had sold Hearn it might have been better, just saying.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 23, 2017, 8:27pm; Reply: 37
FFS. Getyourfactsright comes on here and posts some stuff about shares. Never even mentions what we all care about I.e. the current flask policy
Get it sorted jf!
Posted by: Squarkus, September 23, 2017, 8:53pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Marinerz93

Are you for real, Parker saved himself a few million, he became the majority shareholder because he wanted to, he was a new investor for our great club, when he moved on for his own reasons, nothing  to do with Fenty , Fenty was left with the baby and did not ask for anything from the trust or anyone for that matter, other people came up with a reasonable scenario that suited him to move the club forward, who would invest in something that someone else controls, and when you say match MP, He had already done that and more, MP is not at the club because of Fenty, he has said that himself publicly, so my mush there really isn't a record to put straight, to do what he did was just not in the best interest of the club, with his business skills why did he allow himself to have (A) more shares than anyone else and become the majority sharholder and(B) his advisors give him the only solution to get out of the situation he put himself in when things did not suit him, so please stop trawling crap there is no spin to have, what we need is football fortune fingers crossed, a new stadium and better results than today.
Posted by: Ahh Sole, September 23, 2017, 9:05pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Squarkus

Are you for real, Parker saved himself a few million, he became the majority shareholder because he wanted to, he was a new investor for our great club, when he moved on for his own reasons, nothing  to do with Fenty , Fenty was left with the baby and did not ask for anything from the trust or anyone for that matter, other people came up with a reasonable scenario that suited him to move the club forward, who would invest in something that someone else controls, and when you say match MP, He had already done that and more, MP is not at the club because of Fenty, he has said that himself publicly, so my mush there really isn't a record to put straight, to do what he did was just not in the best interest of the club, with his business skills why did he allow himself to have (A) more shares than anyone else and become the majority sharholder and(B) his advisors give him the only solution to get out of the situation he put himself in when things did not suit him, so please stop trawling crap there is no spin to have, what we need is football fortune fingers crossed, a new stadium and better results than today.

There are still bits of information that remain unclear for sure but it's time we moved on. That said - I would like a plan that had a bit more substance than 'fingers crossed'.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 23, 2017, 9:08pm; Reply: 40
I think moving to a new ground is a plan to move us fiorward long term.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 23, 2017, 10:59pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Squarkus

Parker left the board because as he stated certain promises weren't kept, which was reported at the time when he was interviewed, who failed to honour those promises? Why did it take article 9 a few months to become an issue and not soon as Parker increased his share holding.

After he left the club Parker then invested the amount both he and JF publically agreed to invest, which was £500k,  Parker did this by increasing his shares which had to be agreed by the board which included John. So it has everything to do with JF, and where is the proof JF matched the £500k before Parker had to engineer his way out of the corner he had been put in.

I suggest you go back and look at the time line, the biggest question out of all the shares fiasco is a simple one, why didn't JF just match Parkers shares increase? If what was promised to Parker was honoured do you think he would have left? Why did JF put a covenant on the trust not accepting any more shares from Parker?

What part of the JF circle are you?
Posted by: Ahh Sole, September 23, 2017, 11:07pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Marinerz93

Parker left the board because as he stated certain promises weren't kept, which was reported at the time when he was interviewed, who failed to honour those promises? Why did it take article 9 a few months to become an issue and not soon as Parker increased his share holding.

After he left the club Parker then invested the amount both he and JF publically agreed to invest, which was £500k,  Parker did this by increasing his shares which had to be agreed by the board which included John. So it has everything to do with JF, and where is the proof JF matched the £500k before Parker had to engineer his way out of the corner he had been put in.

I suggest you go back and look at the time line, the biggest question out of all the shares fiasco is a simple one, why didn't JF just match Parkers shares increase? If what was promised to Parker was honoured do you think he would have left? Why did JF put a covenant on the trust not accepting any more shares from Parker?

What a very good question.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 23, 2017, 11:26pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Marinerz93

Please this is not a pop at you mate by any means but why ...

1 Are you pursing this?

2 What do you expect the outcome to be?

I think we all know dissenters on the fishy will not get rid of John Fenty
Posted by: Ahh Sole, September 23, 2017, 11:34pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from HertsGTFC

1 Are you pursing this?

You're undoubtedly correct - but does that mean we should roll over and accept mediocrity without question?
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 23, 2017, 11:41pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Squarkus

It's a shame it appears we have not got a link to the interview MP gave to Radio Humberside because he gave it and it was aired prior to an evening game as I listened to it on the way into Grimsby on the A180 in fact and if my memory serves me correctly what he said seems to differ from what you have said.

I stand to be corrected if someone can resurrect it.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 24, 2017, 9:29am; Reply: 46
Quoted from Ahh Sole

You're undoubtedly correct - but does that mean we should roll over and accept mediocrity without question?

But we've been mediocre for most of our history, after all that time in non league, a squad of 4th tier players, a home average gate of around 4,500 (sometimes more sometimes less), limited income from the ground and no mega rich benefactor we where never going to come up and take the league by storm.

We all want better I fully agree but banging on about what did or didn't happen in history won't facilitate that.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 24, 2017, 10:06am; Reply: 47
Quoted from arryarryarry

It's a shame it appears we have not got a link to the interview MP gave to Radio Humberside because he gave it and it was aired prior to an evening game as I listened to it on the way into Grimsby on the A180 in fact and if my memory serves me correctly what he said seems to differ from what you have said.

I stand to be corrected if someone can resurrect it.

Why so you can drag even more shite up let it go ffs. What good will going over the past do towards helping the club move forward?

It's what happens now that counts the past is history.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 24, 2017, 11:02am; Reply: 48
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Why so you can drag even more shite up let it go ffs. What good will going over the past do towards helping the club move forward?

It's what happens now that counts the past is history.

Are you deliberately being obtuse or are you just flipping thick?

I didn't start this thread, just have a look at who did.
Posted by: rancido, September 24, 2017, 11:02am; Reply: 49
Quoted from Marinerz93

I recall that but it seemed , at the time ,to allude to Board Members ,other than JF , who weren't prepared to match his investment. Everyone seems to forget that the Board had other members at the time who could have invested money into the club.
As a point of interest since I've been supporting GTFC ( mid 1960's ) I can't recall any Board Members or Chairmen who have been prepared to gift the club money or invest the kind of amounts that JF has. In fact I recall one grosser member who wanted his substantial loans paying back immediately after a fall out with his fellow board members even if meant the club being put in serious financial difficulties.
Posted by: rancido, September 24, 2017, 11:08am; Reply: 50
Quoted from HertsGTFC

But we've been mediocre for most of our history, after all that time in non league, a squad of 4th tier players, a home average gate of around 4,500 (sometimes more sometimes less), limited income from the ground and no mega rich benefactor we where never going to come up and take the league by storm.

We all want better I fully agree but banging on about what did or didn't happen in history won't facilitate that.

......and this is the point. A lot of fans on the Fishy want some benefactor ( whoever it is ) to invest or gift their money into the club so that these fans can watch a successful team, just as long as it costs them nothing in the process.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 24, 2017, 11:58am; Reply: 51
Quoted from rancido

......and this is the point. A lot of fans on the Fishy want some benefactor ( whoever it is ) to invest or gift their money into the club so that these fans can watch a successful team, just as long as it costs them nothing in the process.

I don't think that's it at all. I'm happy with the club living within it's  means. I just don't want it to be a rich man's ball that he can take home whenever he wants.

The problems at Town are not neccessarily about funding. They are about the way the fans are treated, regular gaffes in the media and a complete lack of transparency and accountability. The benign loans burden the club and completely destroy any possibility of a change in administration.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 24, 2017, 12:38pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I don't think that's it at all. I'm happy with the club living within it's  means. I just don't want it to be a rich man's ball that he can take home whenever he wants.

The problems at Town are not neccessarily about funding. They are about the way the fans are treated, regular gaffes in the media and a complete lack of transparency and accountability. The benign loans burden the club and completely destroy any possibility of a change in administration.

I think also it is a human trait to get tired of the same set up year after year. Each manager comes and goes, but we know in our heart of hearts he will be bound by the same deficiencies surrounding the club as the previous manager. Things just go stale; it is a very difficult thing to really modernise or galvanise a club from within after a long period of stagnation bar one promotion via the play offs from a division we should never have been in.

We don't even seem to have the option of inward investment whilst the current regime hold sway, working in partnership; nor are we a viable club for a consortium to buy it because of the loans.

Mr. Fenty is committed to the new stadium, and heavily involved in it, so until that is built we are stuck. If the stadium is again derailed and doesn't happen then some way will have to be found to have a new broom.

Posted by: Ahh Sole, September 24, 2017, 12:40pm; Reply: 53

I think these are key points. In addition, the lack of information regarding stadium progress is beginning to be a concern. If the plan is to wait for, and I quote 'a bit of footballing fortune' then it's not much of a plan at all. A transparent and coherent plan for the future of GTFC? It would be nice to know that even exists.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 24, 2017, 1:12pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from HertsGTFC

1 Are you pursing this?

I appreciate the question and hold your question as intended with nothing against me.

1. The question of Parkers extra share holding which caused article 9 has never been answered by the board and although Parker left the board, a once in a lifetime investor not only his money but his invaluable experience that would benefit the club has been left out in the cold. Why block further gifts of shares from Parker to the trust, it seems controlling or spiteful. Why didn't JF do what was promised in shares because if he matched Parker there would be no article 9 and no fall out. Why there are no new investors after the Mullens, what do we have to do wait for further lottery winners. It's JF's job to bring in new investment were is it?

2. I expect the question will never be answered because if it is at least one person stands to lose face in a major way. Again look at the time lines and what followed after. I want people to take responsibility for their actions and be honest and stop making the club look non league in it's dealings. We all make mistakes in life, I would rather back someone who admits a mistake and then does their utmost to correct it, not blame others then look for a fall guy.

I want someone who can take the club forward and that's clearly not Fenty, it seems no one with money wants to work with him and people outside the club aren't keen to help him succeed either.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 24, 2017, 1:19pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from rancido

I recall that but it seemed , at the time ,to allude to Board Members ,other than JF , who weren't prepared to match his investment. Everyone seems to forget that the Board had other members at the time who could have invested money into the club.
As a point of interest since I've been supporting GTFC ( mid 1960's ) I can't recall any Board Members or Chairmen who have been prepared to gift the club money or invest the kind of amounts that JF has. In fact I recall one grosser member who wanted his substantial loans paying back immediately after a fall out with his fellow board members even if meant the club being put in serious financial difficulties.

The second question to the first part if they made promises why weren't they held to account before Parker made it clear he would leave the board because of said broken promises. Promises should either have been kept or people are sacked from the boardroom, Parker is worth more than the other directors alone and certainly invested more in shares than the others combined. Who do you want beside you in the trenches, someone with an arsenal or someone with a tooth pick.

It was Ramsden who wanted his money back after JF took over and if you are looking at investment against, look at the time period Parker invested far more than Fenty did in such a short time, Fenty has saddled the club with benign loans through his own dealings with managers over 15 years.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 24, 2017, 5:20pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Marinerz93

I appreciate the question and hold your question as intended with nothing against me.

1. The question of Parkers extra share holding which caused article 9 has never been answered by the board and although Parker left the board, a once in a lifetime investor not only his money but his invaluable experience that would benefit the club has been left out in the cold. Why block further gifts of shares from Parker to the trust, it seems controlling or spiteful. Why didn't JF do what was promised in shares because if he matched Parker there would be no article 9 and no fall out. Why there are no new investors after the Mullens, what do we have to do wait for further lottery winners. It's JF's job to bring in new investment were is it?

2. I expect the question will never be answered because if it is at least one person stands to lose face in a major way. Again look at the time lines and what followed after. I want people to take responsibility for their actions and be honest and stop making the club look non league in it's dealings. We all make mistakes in life, I would rather back someone who admits a mistake and then does their utmost to correct it, not blame others then look for a fall guy.

I want someone who can take the club forward and that's clearly not Fenty, it seems no one with money wants to work with him and people outside the club aren't keen to help him succeed either.

Cheers for the reply, regardless of who is to blame and how we ended up where we are I do agree that any decent forward momentum looks unlikely at the moment.
Posted by: Squarkus, September 24, 2017, 6:17pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Marinerz93

Your trawling old excrement that serves no purpose, MP is not at the club, JF has shares, loans and more important has the club at heart, if you had to pay him an hourly rate for what he does within the club and always has done the club couldn't afford him, the lad is a genious, he keeps antiquated heating systems working, changes light bulbs in the stantions, digs boar holes for irrigation at the training ground, he has also done all the facilities at wintringham all for free ( just to keep the bill down) these facilities are second to none and really fit for purpose for up and coming future footballers girls and boys, the circle my friend is most defianatly JF as I look at the full picture, what part of the MP circle are you.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 24, 2017, 6:29pm; Reply: 58
I bet Johns wishing that we'd not made an average (but not disastrous) start to the season, that way people might have saved this for another day.

As is The Fishy though, we sit in our expected position of mid-table and the lynch mob stands outside of the boardroom.

If you could answer a few of the questions whilst we're at it so we can clear some of it up now before there's a backlog of threads next week on the appointment of Neil Woods and questions around Barry Conlons drinking habits.
Posted by: Squarkus, September 24, 2017, 6:38pm; Reply: 59
[quote=140205]

There are still bits of information that remain unclear for sure but it's time we moved on. That said - I would like a plan that had a bit more substance than 'fingers crossed'.[/quote
Not really bothered about any information, it all get out of context all I want is football fortune and I believe that it will come fingers crossed.
Posted by: TAGG, September 24, 2017, 7:04pm; Reply: 60
Seeing as your on here
Whats the score with the Stevenage assaults against our fans????
The silence is annoying.
Posted by: Squarkus, September 24, 2017, 7:11pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Marinerz93

Clarifys previous post, you just want to trawl crap consistently MP was the inspiration behind Neil Woods being manager, that was the darkest moments in the history of the club, I've been following town for 50 years and yet the none chairmam that you crave answers from still steps up to the plate, why carnt we start a thread of past board members why did you leave and what for.
Posted by: Ahh Sole, September 24, 2017, 7:18pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Squarkus

Clarifys previous post, you just want to trawl crap consistently MP was the inspiration behind Neil Woods being manager, that was the darkest moments in the history of the club, I've been following town for 50 years and yet the none chairmam that you crave answers from still steps up to the plate, why carnt we start a thread of past board members why did you leave and what for.

Just thinking that we ought to stay on this thread......which was started by?

Can we recap? Why haven't we got a chairman? Why haven't we got a new stadium? And why does you supporting Town for 50 years have any relevance to the answers provided?
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 24, 2017, 7:22pm; Reply: 63
If as some have suggested , grimsby town are just a mid table div 4 team then  I think we are getting far too big attendances .... 2500 should fit the bill for that ? .   I won't be going again untill the outlook changes .
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 24, 2017, 7:22pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from Squarkus

Well you admit that you are John Fenty's older brother and I will answer your questions  :)
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 24, 2017, 7:40pm; Reply: 65
Fenty is a politician, therefore is unable to give a straight honest answer.

Fenty is a tory, so therefore only has his own interests at heart, and doesn't give a intercourse about anyone else.

Why don't you transfer your loans into shares? You don't lose any money and it is more transparent for any other parties looking to invest.  Officially, you are already seen as having control over the club, so increasing your share value in exchange for your loans, should have little effect.  Or am I missing something obvious?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 24, 2017, 7:47pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from TAGG
Seeing as your on here
Whats the score with the Stevenage assaults against our fans????
The silence is annoying.

My daughter was "saluted" at the game she's moved on some should follow her example!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 24, 2017, 7:49pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from rancido

Fair point mate and as we know the Fiahy represents the minority of Town fans.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 24, 2017, 7:53pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Fenty is a tory, so therefore only has his own interests at heart, and doesn't give a intercourse about anyone else.

Why don't you transfer your loans into shares? You don't lose any money and it is more transparent for any other parties looking to invest.  Officially, you are already seen as having control over the club, so increasing your share value in exchange for your loans, should have little effect.  Or am I missing something obvious?

I reckon that first sentence might get the Fishy shut down again.

Some fair questions there though.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 24, 2017, 7:55pm; Reply: 69

I reckon that first sentence might get the Fishy shut down again.

Some fair questions there though.

Opinions, great aren't they?!

Posted by: friskneymariner, September 24, 2017, 7:57pm; Reply: 70
The pertinent question is although they are benign loans will they always remain benign loans.
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 24, 2017, 8:02pm; Reply: 71
Free speech ..... yummy
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 24, 2017, 8:02pm; Reply: 72
There is no legal thing as a benign loan, it's a loan and unless the debts are written off, then they are expected to be repaid.
Posted by: Ahh Sole, September 24, 2017, 8:05pm; Reply: 73
There is no legal thing as a benign loan, it's a loan and unless the debts are written off, then they are expected to be repaid.

Well, exactly that. They still stand as a debt against the club, there's not some kind of small print that says they'll only get called in when we have ' a bit of football fortune'
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 24, 2017, 8:15pm; Reply: 74
John Fenty has said many times he will only ask for his money back if the club could afford it,

Maybe John would like to explain why he does not turn them into shares .
Posted by: Ahh Sole, September 24, 2017, 8:17pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from grimsby pete
John Fenty has said many times he will only ask for his money back if the club could afford it,

Maybe John would like to explain why he does not turn them into shares .

Give him a call Pete!  ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 24, 2017, 8:23pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Ahh Sole

Give him a call Pete!  ;D

Its for emergencies only  ;D

Posted by: promotion plaice, September 24, 2017, 8:26pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from grimsby pete

Its for emergencies only  ;D

It is an emergency   ;D

Posted by: grimsby pete, September 24, 2017, 8:28pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from promotion plaice

It is an emergency   ;D

Sorry not yet and I hope never.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 24, 2017, 8:28pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from Squarkus

Your trawling old excrement that serves no purpose, MP is not at the club, JF has shares, loans and more important has the club at heart, if you had to pay him an hourly rate for what he does within the club and always has done the club couldn't afford him, the lad is a genious, he keeps antiquated heating systems working, changes light bulbs in the stantions, digs boar holes for irrigation at the training ground, he has also done all the facilities at wintringham all for free ( just to keep the bill down) these facilities are second to none and really fit for purpose for up and coming future footballers girls and boys, the circle my friend is most defianatly JF as I look at the full picture, what part of the MP circle are you.

Is this post supposed to be in support of Fenty? ;D

I don't want a chairman (non) to be digging bore holes, replacing the light bulbs and being the club's plumber in chief to save a few quid. I know he is a frustrated builder, so why doesn't he become a builder?

You make it sound like he hasn't got a proper job so fills his time by being the Blundell Park odd job man. Can't we afford an odd job man?

I want a chairman (non) who is actively looking for new investment, and is using professional people to do the other stuff. I am sure he is a good egg and all that, but this make do and mend attitude permeates all through the club and  is just not good enough for a club of our standing.  
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 24, 2017, 8:35pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from Squarkus

You sound like one of Johns brothers, that would explain why you have a little bit more info than the outer circle. You say I'm trawling old excrement, I'm saying that excrement was never buried and it stinks more now than ever before, have you heard of remediation because something at BP needs it in a major way.

I've never claimed John just sits on his hands and does nothing at the club, I've heard from people at the club and people who have connections within the club how much he does, sometimes taking over when it isn't necessary. As for genius, I wouldn't say us dropping out of the league and struggling in league 2 he deserves that said about him.

I'm not part of JF's circle, I am a nobody, a nobody though that has supported Town all my life and I'm getting fed up to the back teeth of the goings on at boardroom level and why this club has had a toxic boardroom for over 20 years, starting with the organised ousting of late great Bill Carr. The points I have brought up are not unreasonable questions, yet they go unanswered and so it seems there is something to hide .Fenty is not a patch on old Bill Carr, I just wish Bills son and consortium who allegedly met Furneaux had got the deal they wanted.

Look at the big picture, yes most definitely, something is wrong with the Town board, we have no Chairman and a benign debt to someone who doesn't get that benign loans in the clubs books are bad for future investment.

Also to add, has John got a licence from the Environment Agency to drill bore holes, and applied for a abstraction licence.?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 24, 2017, 8:55pm; Reply: 81

Is this post supposed to be in support of Fenty? ;D

I don't want a chairman (non) to be digging bore holes, replacing the light bulbs and being the club's plumber in chief to save a few quid. I know he is a frustrated builder, so why doesn't he become a builder?

You make it sound like he hasn't got a proper job so fills his time by being the Blundell Park odd job man. Can't we afford an odd job man?

I want a chairman (non) who is actively looking for new investment, and is using professional people to do the other stuff. I am sure he is a good egg and all that, but this make do and mend attitude permeates all through the club and  is just not good enough for a club of our standing.  

Someone said once if you look after the pennies the pounds look after themselves.With regard to investment I doubt there is a queue large enough to make a full time job for John.

Funny word "investment" as it suggests you will get a return on the money you put in, so apart from a new ground I actually can't see much value in the club to return on the kind of investment some posters who watch the Premier League at the weekend and play Fifa dream of and actually to be fair we wold need to match all our hopes & dreams.

Though if we had a new ground that might change things hmmm..... now there's an interesting prospect one that a certain "Non" chairman has been trying to move forward for ages.  

Posted by: friskneymariner, September 24, 2017, 8:59pm; Reply: 82

Exactly anyone given any thought what might happen on J'F''s demise might the executors of his estate/beneficiaries want repayment,thing is there will be a day when it has to be repaid,I would hope the club are prepared for all contingencies.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 24, 2017, 8:59pm; Reply: 83

Additionally, the balance sheet would be positive instead of negative, taking 2.2 mil from our liabilities and increasing the amount of share capital. which has got to be good for investors, right?

Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 24, 2017, 9:05pm; Reply: 84

Additionally, the balance sheet would be positive instead of negative, taking 2.2 mil from our liabilities and increasing the amount of share capital. which has got to be good for investors, right?

You say you don't lose money but surely that depends on the value of the shares, is the club worth more or less now than what it was when John put the loans in? I am now accountant but can loans be turned into shares as they are a liability rather than an asset?

All that apart RJL feels like a cracking suggestion to me.
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 24, 2017, 9:13pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You say you don't lose money but surely that depends on the value of the shares, is the club worth more or less now than what it was when John put the loans in? I am now accountant but can loans be turned into shares as they are a liability rather than an asset?

Would that effect our tax liabilities though.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 24, 2017, 9:18pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from friskneymariner

Exactly anyone given any thought what might happen on J'F''s demise might the executors of his estate/beneficiaries want repayment,thing is there will be a day when it has to be repaid,I would hope the club are prepared for all contingencies.

Just one reason I don't want him changing the floodlight bulbs.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 24, 2017, 9:25pm; Reply: 87

Just one reason I don't want him changing the floodlight bulbs.

Maybe there is less risk in him doing the bulbs.....as long as Macca's not catching the ones he takes out of course ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 24, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Maybe there is less risk in him doing the bulbs.....as long as Macca's not catching the ones he takes out of course ;)

I'm getting visions of Macca trying to catch Fenty now   8)

Posted by: Bigdog, September 24, 2017, 9:48pm; Reply: 89
I am more than ever convinced that our football club is being run on the primary principle that JF assumes control at the cost of everything else. I think he has his own best interests at heart, much more so than the club. If he wants to prove me wrong then he should either write off the loans or convert them to shares and attract a greater pool of money and talent into the boardroom.

The original two million quid or so plugged the hole in the finances left by ITV Digital. Every decision since then has been made on a level playing field alongside every other club. Seasonal operating income x effectiveness of spending = results on the pitch. And we've all had to witness how effective JF has been in spending the club's money. Not his, the club's money. It equates to the worst performance of our football club over a sustained period of time in anyone's living memory. That is an indisputable fact.

There maybe a new stadium in the pipeline, but even if it gets built, I don't trust him to make the right footballing decisions to maximise its impact  He is not King GTFC, the true kings of GTFC are the fans that travel the length and breadth of the country following our club, and that number is diminishing. They're now joining the thousands of others that have just disappeared because they can't see an attractive future for the club. How many fans do we have to lose? How hopeless does our financial position have to become? How far does the footballing standard of the team have to drop? How long do we have to go without significant investment? He's busy enough putting  other facts right, how about he starts putting the above facts right?

It's time he takes a good look at the output of the performance of all of his hard work and ask himself if it really is or was good enough for a club he loves. It's insanity if he thinks he's done a good job. I actually think he does and just berates everyone around him that thinks differently, paying customer or not. The results, performances and relegations on the pitch under his tenure are there in black and white and boardroom performance is no better. There's definitely a distinct correlation.

Everyone moans about Hoofball or Sladeball, but fifteen years or so of Fentyball for all of us is much, much worse. Look at the state we are in today. I don't know what to say anymore. The only other option is to say nothing and drift away like all the other fans we all know that either don't go to matches or have resigned themselves to not giving a toss and getting on with their lives without thinking about their local team..
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 24, 2017, 9:56pm; Reply: 90
Clee town are a fantastic watch at the moment
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 24, 2017, 9:58pm; Reply: 91
Exactly as I have said previously those us who continually attend,and buy season tickets are tacitly condoning the situation.
Posted by: Ahh Sole, September 24, 2017, 10:03pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from Bigdog

It's time he takes a good look at the output of the performance of all of his hard work and ask himself if it really is or was good enough for a club he loves. It's insanity if he thinks he's done a good job. I actually think he does and just berates everyone around him that thinks differently, paying customer or not. The results, performances and relegations on the pitch under his tenure are there in black and white and boardroom performance is no better. There's definitely a distinct correlation.

There's no doubt in my mind that Mr Fenty believes he has done a good job. This thread started as a matter of self-justification and there's seems to be some sort of bodged explanation for everything that has gone wrong over the last 15 years. Bodge seems to be another word that crops up too often - I'm all for running a tight financial ship but sometimes you've got to speculate, waiting for football fortune can be a very long wait.
Posted by: realist, September 24, 2017, 10:23pm; Reply: 93
I thought that the Trust was bullied into handing over the shares, and reading this seems to confirm it.
http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=3505
Also if you read the stories from late 2011 the trust was inactive with few members. Did they really manage to put together a proposal and approach fenty when they weren't even having meetings?
Somebody is not being truthful and it is time the truth came out
Posted by: TAGG, September 24, 2017, 10:33pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from HertsGTFC

My daughter was "saluted" at the game she's moved on some should follow her example!

Good for here but shes one of many and there are times in life you should make a stand.
If  Mr Fenty was that bothed about "genuine supporters" he would too.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 24, 2017, 10:38pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from realist
I thought that the Trust was bullied into handing over the shares, and reading this seems to confirm it.
http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=3505
Also if you read the stories from late 2011 the trust was inactive with few members. Did they really manage to put together a proposal and approach fenty when they weren't even having meetings?
Somebody is not being truthful and it is time the truth came out

When Deadly John (Topcon) asked members of the Mariners Trust earlier this month to give him part of their shareholding in the club for free, several things got your original/regular Diary's spider sense tingling. One of these (as pointed out lucidly by Too Good To Go Down) was that the £200,000 of investment promised by Deadly in return was money he'd pledged previously. So the former chairman was belatedly attaching conditions to a promise he'd already made.

Indeed.
Posted by: Cod marriner, September 25, 2017, 12:29am; Reply: 96
The club has become a joke it's beyond boring now, i have stuck with it as long as I can but I'm having a break till something drastically changes I'm done with it. I know lots of folk who have stopped going and many very loyal ones too I think that tells a story of what is slowly happening here. I never thought I would stop going but it's just too painful to watch now. If we carry on like this then we'll drop quicker than knickers on a hore!
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 25, 2017, 7:34am; Reply: 97
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I am not sure of the actual mechanics of how the transfer of loans to shares would be done.  GTFC as a company are not on any of the financial markets so therefore the shares do not fluctuate. So the £100 share you own will always be worth £100. In normal companies, shareholders would expect a dividend on their investments.  I wonder if any clubs pay a dividend?  

On a side note, how the hell can the club charge $125, for a £100 share in the club shop?? Daylight robbery.

Would that effect our tax liabilities though.

No, I don't think so, it doesn't go through the profit and loss account so wouldn't attract tax liabilities.

I was having a think last night as to my original question, as to why JF doesn't transfer his loans to shares. I came to the conclusion that it is because it is in JF best interest to keep them as loans.  The loans are secured over the clubs assets, so if the club went mammaries up, then he could try and get as much of his £2.2mil in loans back, before shareholders get a chance to reclaim their losses.  The clubs assets are currently £2.1, but only property is likely to be worth anything, and according to the statements is worth £1.6 mil.  

If JF transferred his loans to shares then he won't be first in the queue to get his money back. His shares would rise to 75-85% (Guestimate), if the club went mammaries up then he'd only get this percentage of his money back.

So to conclude, unless I am interpreting the whole situation wrong, then it's in JF interested to keep as loans and it's in the clubs interest to transfer as shares. and I refer you to my original quote:

Disclaimer:  the above is based on figures from the May 16 financial statements, which I have used to form my own opinion of events, in no way do I present the intentions of JF as fact, only my opinion.
Posted by: Squarkus, September 25, 2017, 7:41am; Reply: 98
Quoted from grimsby pete

Well you admit that you are John Fenty's older brother and I will answer your questions  :)

if you want to go on Linked in you will find his date of birth, he was a very young lad if he went to the games 50 years ago.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 25, 2017, 8:03am; Reply: 99
Definitely the fishy under threat again after reading the last few pages (wacko)(wacko)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 25, 2017, 8:06am; Reply: 100
Quoted from fleabag1970
Clee town are a fantastic watch at the moment

I prefer Grimsby boro myself   8)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 25, 2017, 8:25am; Reply: 101

I am not sure of the actual mechanics of how the transfer of loans to shares would be done.  GTFC as a company are not on any of the financial markets so therefore the shares do not fluctuate. So the £100 share you own will always be worth £100. In normal companies, shareholders would expect a dividend on their investments.  I wonder if any clubs pay a dividend?  

On a side note, how the hell can the club charge $125, for a £100 share in the club shop?? Daylight robbery.

No, I don't think so, it doesn't go through the profit and loss account so wouldn't attract tax liabilities.

I was having a think last night as to my original question, as to why JF doesn't transfer his loans to shares. I came to the conclusion that it is because it is in JF best interest to keep them as loans.  The loans are secured over the clubs assets, so if the club went mammaries up, then he could try and get as much of his £2.2mil in loans back, before shareholders get a chance to reclaim their losses.  The clubs assets are currently £2.1, but only property is likely to be worth anything, and according to the statements is worth £1.6 mil.  

If JF transferred his loans to shares then he won't be first in the queue to get his money back. His shares would rise to 75-85% (Guestimate), if the club went mammaries up then he'd only get this percentage of his money back.

So to conclude, unless I am interpreting the whole situation wrong, then it's in JF interested to keep as loans and it's in the clubs interest to transfer as shares. and I refer you to my original quote:

Disclaimer:  the above is based on figures from the May 16 financial statements, which I have used to form my own opinion of events, in no way do I present the intentions of JF as fact, only my opinion.

Even if a business is not quoted the share price can change as it depends on what the perceived value of the business is. I currently work in a JV model business where we usually value a business at 2.5 x it's OP.
Posted by: golfer, September 25, 2017, 8:55am; Reply: 102
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Even if a business is not quoted the share price can change as it depends on what the perceived value of the business is. I currently work in a JV model business where we usually value a business at 2.5 x it's OP.

Then you will know that every company has to have a business plan that is a truthful indication of the future aims of a company and plans for reaching them ' is this why we don't have a chairman ?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 25, 2017, 10:09am; Reply: 103
Quoted from golfer

Then you will know that every company has to have a business plan that is a truthful indication of the future aims of a company and plans for reaching them ' is this why we don't have a chairman ?

I'm sure GTFC has a business plan but I would not be surprised if it did not include anything relating to what happens on the pitch.
Posted by: Ahh Sole, September 25, 2017, 10:21am; Reply: 104
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I'm sure GTFC has a business plan but I would not be surprised if it did not include anything relating to what happens on the pitch.

Is it possible that the fagpacket it was written on has gone missing?
Posted by: Cloudy, September 25, 2017, 10:56am; Reply: 105
Quoted from Cod marriner
The club has become a joke it's beyond boring now, i have stuck with it as long as I can but I'm having a break till something drastically changes I'm done with it. I know lots of folk who have stopped going and many very loyal ones too I think that tells a story of what is slowly happening here. I never thought I would stop going but it's just too painful to watch now. If we carry on like this then we'll drop quicker than knickers on a hore!

I appreciate you are only an irregular poster on here although the point you make is extremely valid.

I haven't stopped going (yet) but I know of many fans who have been going for decades and they have had enough of the smoke and mirrors type management of the club. Attendances will be hit heavily unless we really go on a winning run but in all honesty even that will not see BP rocking. Too many are going out of habit, nothing more.
There will be some who say a club is for life and will go week in week out regardless. It's a bit like some marriages, you aren't happy but go through the motions. Maybe some decide a separation or even divorce is better ;)
What many think is it isn't going to get any better in the foreseeable future under JF's tenure and that isn't going to change either
Posted by: rancido, September 25, 2017, 5:24pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from Cloudy

I appreciate you are only an irregular poster on here although the point you make is extremely valid.

I haven't stopped going (yet) but I know of many fans who have been going for decades and they have had enough of the smoke and mirrors type management of the club. Attendances will be hit heavily unless we really go on a winning run but in all honesty even that will not see BP rocking. Too many are going out of habit, nothing more.
There will be some who say a club is for life and will go week in week out regardless. It's a bit like some marriages, you aren't happy but go through the motions. Maybe some decide a separation or even divorce is better ;)
What many think is it isn't going to get any better in the foreseeable future under JF's tenure and that isn't going to change either

I don't think what happens within the club affects the attendances as much as the results on the pitch. If town were in top spot and something happened within the clubs boardroom structure then I doubt that would affect the attendance of the next home match. But six home defeats on the run would definitely affect the next home attendance.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 25, 2017, 5:56pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from rancido

I don't think what happens within the club affects the attendances as much as the results on the pitch.
If town were in top spot and something happened within the clubs boardroom structure then I doubt that would affect the attendance of the next home match. But six home defeats on the run would definitely affect the next home attendance.

But surely what happens on the pitch is massively linked to what happens in the boardroom and how the club is run?
I agree that if we were top of the league some people wouldn't be as bothered. I do think that issues like the club voting for the checkatrade trophy would still not go down well if we were top of the league.
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 25, 2017, 6:11pm; Reply: 108
The only game I will be going to is the diz game ....
Posted by: Cloudy, September 25, 2017, 7:11pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from fleabag1970
The only game I will be going to is the diz game ....

Do you mean the Turgoose & Griffith showbiz game? ;)
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 25, 2017, 7:18pm; Reply: 110
No i mean the Liam Hearn comeback show
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 25, 2017, 7:54pm; Reply: 111
Turgoose and Griffith got to be one of the all time unlikely double acts. On paper. But I reckon it's got legs. A double act without a straight man*.

* and that's not a comment on their extra curricular activities
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 25, 2017, 9:03pm; Reply: 112
The more this drags on why does Coriolanus keep coming to mind.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 25, 2017, 9:20pm; Reply: 113

An incisive critique. (orc)
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 25, 2017, 9:23pm; Reply: 114
Or perhaps King Lear :D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 25, 2017, 10:02pm; Reply: 115
Or perhaps King Lear :D

What are you saying about John's daughters?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 25, 2017, 10:08pm; Reply: 116
One red cross. Is Kit Marlow on line tonight?  ;D
Posted by: Jaws, September 25, 2017, 10:11pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from Cloudy

Do you mean the Turgoose & Griffith showbiz game? ;)

Is it that time of year where the pair of them get their annual publicity boost by being associated with the club.

The former clinging on to 1 good film role and the other one condemning Soccer AM to the history books.
Posted by: barralad, September 25, 2017, 10:14pm; Reply: 118

We should've pushed the boat out to sign Coriolanus.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 25, 2017, 10:15pm; Reply: 119
One red cross. Is Kit Marlow on line tonight?  ;D

I see you are Kit. Welcome.

Have you seen Benny Johnson lately?  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 25, 2017, 10:16pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from Jaws

Is it that time of year where the pair of them get their annual publicity boost by being associated with the club.

The former clinging on to 1 good film role and the other one condemning Soccer AM to the history books.

Be fair. they might have both been Manu fans int heir childhood, but the Lord welcomes a sinner who repents.
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, September 25, 2017, 10:17pm; Reply: 121
Kingston Mariner. What a vile thing to say. Get a life!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 25, 2017, 10:26pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails
Kingston Mariner. What a vile thing to say. Get a life!!

Which one. About Marlow, King John or Turgoose and Griffith?

(please say 'all of the above')
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 25, 2017, 10:27pm; Reply: 123
He is more sinned against than sinning.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 25, 2017, 10:33pm; Reply: 124
He is more sinned against than sinning.

That is an awful thing to say about his children!
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, September 25, 2017, 10:35pm; Reply: 125
Ffs. Shameful.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 25, 2017, 10:36pm; Reply: 126
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails
Ffs. Shameful.

What is? The state of public services in Britain today? The poverty in Africa? The slide towards global war?
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 25, 2017, 10:42pm; Reply: 127

That is an awful thing to say about his children!

I think that may be how he perceives us.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 25, 2017, 10:50pm; Reply: 128
Never had him down as an old fashioned paternalist. But it all falls into place now. He beneficently gives us football, and we should be grateful. If only he could build a modern Saltaire in NEL.
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 25, 2017, 11:04pm; Reply: 129
Always seen it as just that,now and then we get uppity and he has to put us on the naughty step.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 25, 2017, 11:32pm; Reply: 130
Quoted from Ahh Sole

Is it possible that the fagpacket it was written on has gone missing?

Posted by: malkamalka, September 26, 2017, 3:12pm; Reply: 131
Quoted from Marinerz93

why this club has had a toxic boardroom for over 20 years, starting with the organised ousting of late great Bill Carr. The points I have brought up are not unreasonable questions, yet they go unanswered and so it seems there is something to hide .Fenty is not a patch on old Bill Carr, I just wish Bills son and consortium who allegedly met Furneaux had got the deal they wanted.

How, exactly did Bill Carr come to be Chairman? Was it a coupe against Furneaux while he lay critically ill in hospital in New Zealand?

We can drag up all the old excrement, but it doesn't change anything does it?
True, it would help if we knew EVERYTHING, but there's a certain fuzzy logic to supporting a football club - and a lot of the logic is decidedly fuzzy!
Posted by: wigworld, September 26, 2017, 3:19pm; Reply: 132
Quoted from Marinerz93

Just watching that clip, that Hedges player, just at the end, reminded me of a certain Steve McNulty.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 26, 2017, 4:22pm; Reply: 133
Quoted from malkamalka

How, exactly did Bill Carr come to be Chairman? Was it a coupe against Furneaux while he lay critically ill in hospital in New Zealand?

We can drag up all the old excrement, but it doesn't change anything does it?
True, it would help if we knew EVERYTHING, but there's a certain fuzzy logic to supporting a football club - and a lot of the logic is decidedly fuzzy!

You mean Furneaux in the early 1990s was at the helm before selling out to Bill Carr. So you are saying it was a forced sell out and he sought revenge, no wonder at the time it felt nasty.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 4:52am