Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Marcus Bignot offered the job
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

Marcus Bignot offered the job

This thread currently has 64,414 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
November 6, 2016, 11:08am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Hate to see Omar back defending corners,think that limits him to getting up front quickly.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 241
golfer
November 6, 2016, 12:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Mariner_09
I'd hope he tries to address the areas of concern during January as much as it is possible in January. We need a poacher, I don't know anything about either Sterling or Asante, are either of them poachers. Maybe we could pinch Ricky Miller from Dover, contract up in the summer, league club comes knocking I'm sure we could tempt him, tempting Dover might be trickier though. We need a new left back, Andrew looked suspect again yesterday for me. The new guy would need to be defensively solid first and foremost and then an attacking threat not the other way around. I feel a Townsend quality player (who could both very effectively) is out of reach. Gowling and Collins seem to grips with one another and we seem very solid again. Hoping Biggers can re-install our attacking prowess and more specifically Bogle's goal scoring form.

I disagree with what you say about Andrew. I think he is the best left back we have had in recent seasons [Townsend apart] He does a hell of a lot of work both attacking and defending. If you play 4-2-4 you have to have the winger covering for the full back when he goes forward. We haven't had a proper left winger starting for yonks. I am not blaming Vose because he has been played out of position so lets see what Browne can do. At the moment Andrew is running up and down like a blue arsed fly with no support or backup
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 241
ginnywings
November 6, 2016, 12:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from golfer

I disagree with what you say about Andrew. I think he is the best left back we have had in recent seasons [Townsend apart] He does a hell of a lot of work both attacking and defending. If you play 4-2-4 you have to have the winger covering for the full back when he goes forward. We haven't had a proper left winger starting for yonks. I am not blaming Vose because he has been played out of position so lets see what Browne can do. At the moment Andrew is running up and down like a blue arsed fly with no support or backup

Was about to make the same point. Andrew seems to get a lot of undue stick IMO. I think we've looked far better balanced in the last two games and Andrew has played well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 241
MuddyWaters
November 6, 2016, 1:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings

Was about to make the same point. Andrew seems to get a lot of undue stick IMO. I think we've looked far better balanced in the last two games and Andrew has played well.

This is the quandary with Vose isn't it. Everyone raves about his ability going forward but it's at what cost? I'm looking forward to seeing a left sided midfielder who can track back so Andrew can show his undoubted ability going forward as well as getting some cover. I remember thinking in pre-season how good he was getting forward and wasn't dissimilar to Conor Townsend in that respect.
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 241
KingstonMariner
November 6, 2016, 1:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MARINERSMAN22
Totally agree. Talent gets you so far but ambition gets you further. Pearson, Disley and McKeown have been fantastic. A few seasons ago they were all linked away but they stayed and credit to them!

I would like to see the new manager implement something other than 442 as the players we have are better suited to 433 or 4231. Vose is a very good player but not a winger.

Bignot would be a great appointment

I'm afraid I have to disagree with that. Ambition gets you no where without ability. You need both to be fair. But ambition and hard work alone are not enough in any competitive field if you don't have the talent to start with. That's the kind of thinking that leads to talentless oafs making fools of themselves on those Britain's Got X-Factor type shows.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 241
Mrs Doyle
November 6, 2016, 2:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
You also need a fair share of luck that's why I love this game.

You can do all the planning and all the training you like but one bad deflection or bad refs decision and your bollixed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 241
jonnyboy82
November 6, 2016, 2:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I just hope he plays our bloody wingers !

Real talent with bolarwinra and browne and hope he abandons this stupid club policy of playing four central midfielders.

I get the impression he will get the best out of them.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 241
Japers
November 6, 2016, 3:06pm

ABsaid put it in corner,thought meant top corner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +13
Whilst happy with the appointment of Bignot i cannot help but feel more elated by the non appointments of the likes of : knill , Westerly and Wilcox.
based on nothing other then my own thoughts i would like to think we went for Adkins who told us how flattered he was and then went for Bignot

The boss told me to put it in the corner.....i thought he meant the top corner.
Jim Dobbin after 1-0 victory at Newcastle wonder strike
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 241
acko338
November 6, 2016, 3:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I just hope he plays our bloody wingers !

Real talent with bolarwinra and browne and hope he abandons this stupid club policy of playing four central midfielders.

I get the impression he will get the best out of them.

PROPER WINGERS, PROPER CROSSES FOR THE FORWARDS !!

You know it makes sense !!!!

No square pegs out of position, please !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 241
Mrs Doyle
November 6, 2016, 3:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The balance looks better with wide men they make life a lot harder for opposing defenders and (just as importantly) gives our defence more of a break. Without wide men we get stretched and pulled out of shape as proved in the first half yesterday.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 241
25 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Marcus Bignot offered the job

Thread Rating

There have been 2 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.