Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Liam Hearn signs...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 127 Guests

Liam Hearn signs...

This thread currently has 12,526 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ivanosandwich
May 20, 2015, 12:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
This thread could keep us going until pre-season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 67
mariner91
May 20, 2015, 12:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from diehardmariner

Yeah he probably shouldn't have said as much as he did.  But is he the only player to have ever said too much and tried to please everyone with his comments?

I find it absolutely unbelievable that Hearn has received more stick than any of the waste of space journeymen scroungers we've had here in the last ten years.    Peter Sweeney was met with a mere raised eyebrow when he came here with Dartford this season.  Hearn on the other hand had some moron at the front of the Main Stand screaming in his face "I HOPE YOU BREAK YOUR LEG..!"

The lad looked after himself and his family.  If anyone would have done different than that in his shoes, you're an idiot.

I appreciate he has to look after his family, I certainly don't begrudge him that. I wouldn't wish injury upon him either. Just think he's either very thick judging by the comments he made and the timing of them or he's a cockwomble. Or a mixture of the two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 67
cmackenzie4
May 20, 2015, 12:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Liam who?  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 67
LH
May 20, 2015, 12:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,589
Gold Stars: 175
I reckon I will be fit for more of the Conference season than Liam will and I haven't run since November the 13th, I'm in for an op in June, drink like a fish and always go for the jumbo haddock in the chippy. He needs a job and if Lincoln are daft enough to offer him a years contract over a pay as you play deal more fool on them!

We move on, sign some capable players ourselves and laugh at him and then when we trounce them 7-0 home and away before finishing at least 8 places above them this season.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 67
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 20, 2015, 12:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Hearn would be no more effective for us than Connell was when he came back. I liked him as a player and he must have tremendous application to keep going after those injuries. One thing though - did Hurst rate him that highly anyway? I seem to remember that Hearn was shunted out to the left of a front 3 and rarely got the chance to play central striker in those days. Just a thought.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 67
BIGChris
May 20, 2015, 12:14pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I dont blame Hearn for trying to make a living. Isnt that what we all try to do?

What i am very surprised about is Lincoln, who a few weeks ago were supposedly in danger of going bust over the co-op bank calling in their debt, are prepared to gamble, and it most definetly IS a gamble on Liam Hearns fitness.

Liam fit and firing is good enough for any side at this level and the one above in my opinion, whether he ever will be again is a very big question
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 67
itsnotcoditshaddock
May 20, 2015, 12:16pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
That move to the football league worked out well for him then. Turned down Mansfield's contract offer too. Kick in the teeth for them as well after paying him to do naff all all season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 67
ginnywings
May 20, 2015, 12:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
That's 2 Stags strikers turned down league contracts to join the Imps now. Strange.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 67
The_Laughing_Mariner
May 20, 2015, 12:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Moves Ollie up the Pecking order

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 67
RoboCod
May 20, 2015, 12:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Maybe Moyses is stumping up, it's his gamble after all. Bet the CoOp are looking on with interest.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Liam Hearn signs...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.