Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Liam Hearn signs...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

Liam Hearn signs...

This thread currently has 12,475 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
May 20, 2015, 11:40am
Guest User
He's gone, get over it, more important things to worry about etc. Couldn't care less where he is to be honest.
Reply: 20 - 67
Hagrid
May 20, 2015, 11:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,326
Gold Stars: 526
I don't think he ever had any respect for the club as shown towards the end so not really surprised he's gone to the gimps, but I am not sure they play the way liam likes too!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 67
mariner91
May 20, 2015, 11:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,543
Gold Stars: 258
Quoted from diehardmariner
So let's get this one right....

Only as recently as yesterday most Town fans have been pretty much unanimous in stating that whilst we would love to see the likes of Pearson stay, they couldn't be begrudged for leaving for a higher division/more money as A) it's a short career at the end of the day and B) they deserve it if the opportunity comes up.

Liam Hearn got the opportunity last year having given nothing but 100% in his three years at Town, two of which he was plagued by terrible luck with injuries but he still kept going, no-one could have blamed him for jacking it in and taking the easy route out.

Despite not really having any offer on the table from Paul Hurst (who I don't blame for letting Hearn go - I think it was the right move), Hearn says the textbook things when he leaves in that he loved it here and if the opportunity arose he would come back..... similar types of comments to those so many cream themselves about when Carl Magnay puts a Tweet out.            

Yet because Hearn looked after himself by going for a guaranteed contract in a higher league, rather than stay here without a contract and try to earn one, he gets slated.

Yep, sounds about right.

It was the fact that he stated when he left that if he could get fit he'd love to come back and try to earn a contract. That isn't the normal stuff to say, it doesn't need to be said. He then went to sign for Mansfield and informed them he'd wanted to come earlier (I think he said a year before) despite us paying him for two years (handsomely) and getting nothing out of him other than a warm seat in the stand. I have no issue with a player leaving for financial security but you don't have to say the shite he did whilst leaving and then to come out with this when signing for another club:

"He said: "I've known the gaffer [Paul Cox] for a long time and I had my heart set on coming here last summer, but it didn't materialise.
"Then this season I thought it would never happen because of my injury."

Makes him come across as a complete bellend to be honest. Yes the injuries weren't his fault, yes he always gave his all when he could. Doesn't stop him being a tool.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 67
fleabag1970
May 20, 2015, 11:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Hearn and Hannah ................ The Double H  at Lincoln ...... That could be interesting

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 67
jonnyboy82
May 20, 2015, 11:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
So another club he can get a year's living out of.

They might get a few games out of him I suppose , I'm just surprised clubs are stupid enough to take him on after his previous 3 or so years nicking a wage.

Sorry but don't give a toss.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 67
Laddy89
May 20, 2015, 11:51am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
A little crappy team like Lincoln are not going to be challenging next season,  even if they sign 6-7 decent players it will take them 10 games to get into it and town will already be at the top of the table!!

Disley and Magnay to sign first in my opinion, I do think Pearson is the most important player to re-sign though so i keep my fingers crossed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 67
pontoonlew
May 20, 2015, 11:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,812
Gold Stars: 167
Liam, you were my favourite player in years for Town when you with us. When you signed for Mansfield I was a little mad but always wished you the best. However after today...

Well, I think I prefer Rob Duffy now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 67
pizzzza
May 20, 2015, 11:54am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,689
Gold Stars: 137
He is history and Lincoln will be lucky to get more than a handful of games out of him. As long as it is not a player that we would otherwise be interested in, and Hearn isn't, I don't care who Lincoln sign.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 67
diehardmariner
May 20, 2015, 11:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,361
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from mariner91

It was the fact that he stated when he left that if he could get fit he'd love to come back and try to earn a contract. That isn't the normal stuff to say, it doesn't need to be said. He then went to sign for Mansfield and informed them he'd wanted to come earlier (I think he said a year before) despite us paying him for two years (handsomely) and getting nothing out of him other than a warm seat in the stand. I have no issue with a player leaving for financial security but you don't have to say the shite he did whilst leaving and then to come out with this when signing for another club:

"He said: "I've known the gaffer [Paul Cox] for a long time and I had my heart set on coming here last summer, but it didn't materialise.
"Then this season I thought it would never happen because of my injury."

Makes him come across as a complete bellend to be honest. Yes the injuries weren't his fault, yes he always gave his all when he could. Doesn't stop him being a tool.

Yeah he probably shouldn't have said as much as he did.  But is he the only player to have ever said too much and tried to please everyone with his comments?

I find it absolutely unbelievable that Hearn has received more stick than any of the waste of space journeymen scroungers we've had here in the last ten years.    Peter Sweeney was met with a mere raised eyebrow when he came here with Dartford this season.  Hearn on the other hand had some moron at the front of the Main Stand screaming in his face "I HOPE YOU BREAK YOUR LEG..!"

The lad looked after himself and his family.  If anyone would have done different than that in his shoes, you're an idiot.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 67
RoboCod
May 20, 2015, 12:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Can't see many clubs taking him on. I'd imagine Liam just felt relief to be putting pen to paper, he's not half the player he was and the huge question mark on his fitness looms large.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Liam Hearn signs...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.