FFS
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 20, 2015, 11:07am; Reply: 2
Quoted from bax
...for Lincoln!

1 year deal.

Riskeeeee

Posted by: LH, May 20, 2015, 11:09am; Reply: 3
Good luck to him....

..if he manages to get over all his injury problems and has to face the backlash at BP.
Posted by: StickfordMariner, May 20, 2015, 11:12am; Reply: 4
Dont understand thats two Mansfield players who have turned down league football to join a mid table conference team.......hmmmm
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, May 20, 2015, 11:12am; Reply: 5
Bringing them down from the inside. Nice one, Liam.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 20, 2015, 11:14am; Reply: 6
Says everything about Lincoln really at the minute.

Seen their best players leave and now taking a massive gamble on a guy who hasn't been able to stay fit for the past three seasons.

Loved Hearn when he was here, love his attitude and didn't buy one bit into the idea that he did the dirty on us.  Hope he is a success at Lincoln.
Posted by: excusebeef, May 20, 2015, 11:18am; Reply: 7
Gutted he's signed for them. Will be even more gutted if he scores a hat full. But certainly one of my favourite town players for years. If we had a fully fit Liam last season, we would be a league club by now
Posted by: mariner91, May 20, 2015, 11:19am; Reply: 8
Wow, they really are desperate. I understand their budget isn''t overly great and if they're gambling on Hearn, a man who has played about 15 games (if that) in three years then they are really fooked.
Posted by: GTFC.WANDERER, May 20, 2015, 11:25am; Reply: 9
Huge stab in the back for Mr Fenty!! Paid for his operations then go and sign for a rival club!

Shame on you Mr Hearn !  :(
Posted by: ivanosandwich, May 20, 2015, 11:25am; Reply: 10
Would be interesting to know if he contacted Hurst with a view to coming back to Town.
Posted by: gtfc98, May 20, 2015, 11:26am; Reply: 11
He's got to earn a living but flipping hell Liam.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 20, 2015, 11:26am; Reply: 12
Good luck Liam. But not that much
Posted by: mariner91, May 20, 2015, 11:26am; Reply: 13
Let's not act surprised, he was a right cock the way he went about leaving us.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 20, 2015, 11:28am; Reply: 14
Just hope he doesn't get his shooting boots back. Couldn't stand the smug Lincoln lot gloating if he bags a hatful. Otherwise, Meh!
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 20, 2015, 11:30am; Reply: 15
Quoted from GTFC.WANDERER
Huge stab in the back for Mr Fenty!! Paid for his operations then go and sign for a rival club!

Shame on you Mr Hearn !  :(

Have you read John Mcdermotts Autobiography?? It works both ways !
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 20, 2015, 11:31am; Reply: 16
Quoted from ivanosandwich
Would be interesting to know if he contacted Hurst with a view to coming back to Town.

I wondered the same and maybe Hurst wasn't interested.

Posted by: Hagrid, May 20, 2015, 11:34am; Reply: 17
booooooo!! can get him fit then they've got a player. but liam wtf
Posted by: ivanosandwich, May 20, 2015, 11:36am; Reply: 18
Quoted from promotion plaice

I wondered the same and maybe Hurst wasn't interested.

Yes that's what I was thinking too.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 20, 2015, 11:37am; Reply: 19
So let's get this one right....

Only as recently as yesterday most Town fans have been pretty much unanimous in stating that whilst we would love to see the likes of Pearson stay, they couldn't be begrudged for leaving for a higher division/more money as A) it's a short career at the end of the day and B) they deserve it if the opportunity comes up.

Liam Hearn got the opportunity last year having given nothing but 100% in his three years at Town, two of which he was plagued by terrible luck with injuries but he still kept going, no-one could have blamed him for jacking it in and taking the easy route out.

Despite not really having any offer on the table from Paul Hurst (who I don't blame for letting Hearn go - I think it was the right move), Hearn says the textbook things when he leaves in that he loved it here and if the opportunity arose he would come back..... similar types of comments to those so many cream themselves about when Carl Magnay puts a Tweet out.            

Yet because Hearn looked after himself by going for a guaranteed contract in a higher league, rather than stay here without a contract and try to earn one, he gets slated.

Yep, sounds about right.
Posted by: 97 (Guest), May 20, 2015, 11:40am; Reply: 20
He's gone, get over it, more important things to worry about etc. Couldn't care less where he is to be honest.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 20, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 21
I don't think he ever had any respect for the club as shown towards the end so not really surprised he's gone to the gimps, but I am not sure they play the way liam likes too!!!
Posted by: mariner91, May 20, 2015, 11:43am; Reply: 22
Quoted from diehardmariner
So let's get this one right....

Only as recently as yesterday most Town fans have been pretty much unanimous in stating that whilst we would love to see the likes of Pearson stay, they couldn't be begrudged for leaving for a higher division/more money as A) it's a short career at the end of the day and B) they deserve it if the opportunity comes up.

Liam Hearn got the opportunity last year having given nothing but 100% in his three years at Town, two of which he was plagued by terrible luck with injuries but he still kept going, no-one could have blamed him for jacking it in and taking the easy route out.

Despite not really having any offer on the table from Paul Hurst (who I don't blame for letting Hearn go - I think it was the right move), Hearn says the textbook things when he leaves in that he loved it here and if the opportunity arose he would come back..... similar types of comments to those so many cream themselves about when Carl Magnay puts a Tweet out.            

Yet because Hearn looked after himself by going for a guaranteed contract in a higher league, rather than stay here without a contract and try to earn one, he gets slated.

Yep, sounds about right.

It was the fact that he stated when he left that if he could get fit he'd love to come back and try to earn a contract. That isn't the normal stuff to say, it doesn't need to be said. He then went to sign for Mansfield and informed them he'd wanted to come earlier (I think he said a year before) despite us paying him for two years (handsomely) and getting nothing out of him other than a warm seat in the stand. I have no issue with a player leaving for financial security but you don't have to say the shite he did whilst leaving and then to come out with this when signing for another club:

"He said: "I've known the gaffer [Paul Cox] for a long time and I had my heart set on coming here last summer, but it didn't materialise.
"Then this season I thought it would never happen because of my injury."

Makes him come across as a complete bellend to be honest. Yes the injuries weren't his fault, yes he always gave his all when he could. Doesn't stop him being a tool.
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 20, 2015, 11:46am; Reply: 23
Hearn and Hannah ................ The Double H  at Lincoln ...... That could be interesting
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 20, 2015, 11:47am; Reply: 24
So another club he can get a year's living out of.

They might get a few games out of him I suppose , I'm just surprised clubs are stupid enough to take him on after his previous 3 or so years nicking a wage.

Sorry but don't give a toss.

Posted by: Laddy89, May 20, 2015, 11:51am; Reply: 25
A little crappy team like Lincoln are not going to be challenging next season,  even if they sign 6-7 decent players it will take them 10 games to get into it and town will already be at the top of the table!!

Disley and Magnay to sign first in my opinion, I do think Pearson is the most important player to re-sign though so i keep my fingers crossed.
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 20, 2015, 11:52am; Reply: 26
Liam, you were my favourite player in years for Town when you with us. When you signed for Mansfield I was a little mad but always wished you the best. However after today...

Well, I think I prefer Rob Duffy now.
Posted by: pizzzza, May 20, 2015, 11:54am; Reply: 27
He is history and Lincoln will be lucky to get more than a handful of games out of him. As long as it is not a player that we would otherwise be interested in, and Hearn isn't, I don't care who Lincoln sign.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 20, 2015, 11:55am; Reply: 28
Quoted from mariner91

It was the fact that he stated when he left that if he could get fit he'd love to come back and try to earn a contract. That isn't the normal stuff to say, it doesn't need to be said. He then went to sign for Mansfield and informed them he'd wanted to come earlier (I think he said a year before) despite us paying him for two years (handsomely) and getting nothing out of him other than a warm seat in the stand. I have no issue with a player leaving for financial security but you don't have to say the shite he did whilst leaving and then to come out with this when signing for another club:

"He said: "I've known the gaffer [Paul Cox] for a long time and I had my heart set on coming here last summer, but it didn't materialise.
"Then this season I thought it would never happen because of my injury."

Makes him come across as a complete bellend to be honest. Yes the injuries weren't his fault, yes he always gave his all when he could. Doesn't stop him being a tool.

Yeah he probably shouldn't have said as much as he did.  But is he the only player to have ever said too much and tried to please everyone with his comments?

I find it absolutely unbelievable that Hearn has received more stick than any of the waste of space journeymen scroungers we've had here in the last ten years.    Peter Sweeney was met with a mere raised eyebrow when he came here with Dartford this season.  Hearn on the other hand had some moron at the front of the Main Stand screaming in his face "I HOPE YOU BREAK YOUR LEG..!"

The lad looked after himself and his family.  If anyone would have done different than that in his shoes, you're an idiot.
Posted by: RoboCod, May 20, 2015, 12:00pm; Reply: 29
Can't see many clubs taking him on. I'd imagine Liam just felt relief to be putting pen to paper, he's not half the player he was and the huge question mark on his fitness looms large.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, May 20, 2015, 12:02pm; Reply: 30
This thread could keep us going until pre-season.
Posted by: mariner91, May 20, 2015, 12:03pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from diehardmariner

Yeah he probably shouldn't have said as much as he did.  But is he the only player to have ever said too much and tried to please everyone with his comments?

I find it absolutely unbelievable that Hearn has received more stick than any of the waste of space journeymen scroungers we've had here in the last ten years.    Peter Sweeney was met with a mere raised eyebrow when he came here with Dartford this season.  Hearn on the other hand had some moron at the front of the Main Stand screaming in his face "I HOPE YOU BREAK YOUR LEG..!"

The lad looked after himself and his family.  If anyone would have done different than that in his shoes, you're an idiot.

I appreciate he has to look after his family, I certainly don't begrudge him that. I wouldn't wish injury upon him either. Just think he's either very thick judging by the comments he made and the timing of them or he's a cockwomble. Or a mixture of the two.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 20, 2015, 12:03pm; Reply: 32
Liam who?  ;)
Posted by: LH, May 20, 2015, 12:05pm; Reply: 33
I reckon I will be fit for more of the Conference season than Liam will and I haven't run since November the 13th, I'm in for an op in June, drink like a fish and always go for the jumbo haddock in the chippy. He needs a job and if Lincoln are daft enough to offer him a years contract over a pay as you play deal more fool on them!

We move on, sign some capable players ourselves and laugh at him and then when we trounce them 7-0 home and away before finishing at least 8 places above them this season.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 20, 2015, 12:13pm; Reply: 34
Hearn would be no more effective for us than Connell was when he came back. I liked him as a player and he must have tremendous application to keep going after those injuries. One thing though - did Hurst rate him that highly anyway? I seem to remember that Hearn was shunted out to the left of a front 3 and rarely got the chance to play central striker in those days. Just a thought.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 20, 2015, 12:14pm; Reply: 35
I dont blame Hearn for trying to make a living. Isnt that what we all try to do?

What i am very surprised about is Lincoln, who a few weeks ago were supposedly in danger of going bust over the co-op bank calling in their debt, are prepared to gamble, and it most definetly IS a gamble on Liam Hearns fitness.

Liam fit and firing is good enough for any side at this level and the one above in my opinion, whether he ever will be again is a very big question
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, May 20, 2015, 12:16pm; Reply: 36
That move to the football league worked out well for him then. Turned down Mansfield's contract offer too. Kick in the teeth for them as well after paying him to do naff all all season.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 20, 2015, 12:22pm; Reply: 37
That's 2 Stags strikers turned down league contracts to join the Imps now. Strange.  :-/
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 20, 2015, 12:23pm; Reply: 38
Moves Ollie up the Pecking order
Posted by: RoboCod, May 20, 2015, 12:25pm; Reply: 39
Maybe Moyses is stumping up, it's his gamble after all. Bet the CoOp are looking on with interest.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 20, 2015, 12:25pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from BIGChris
I dont blame Hearn for trying to make a living. Isnt that what we all try to do?

What i am very surprised about is Lincoln, who a few weeks ago were supposedly in danger of going bust over the co-op bank calling in their debt, are prepared to gamble, and it most definetly IS a gamble on Liam Hearns fitness.

Liam fit and firing is good enough for any side at this level and the one above in my opinion, whether he ever will be again is a very big question

Depends on what wages they're paying I guess but I fully expected them to be raiding Boston Town, Kings Lynn and promoting a lot of youth rather than signing players from the league above (fringe players or not).   Some clubs just never learn...
Posted by: Meza, May 20, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 41
I've been informed that Lincoln are in the middle of a new board member throwing money at the club in order to get them promoted.  I was told this by someone who will be signing for them soon.  
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 20, 2015, 12:39pm; Reply: 42
http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-City-transfers-Striker-Liam-Hearn/story-26538660-detail/story.html?

Says he wants to prove people wrong
Posted by: RichMariner, May 20, 2015, 12:44pm; Reply: 43
It's a gamble for sure. Even if he does keep himself fit for the season, I doubt he'll be sprinting, twisting and turning the way he was in that season for us when he scored for fun.

It's disappointing that he's signed for a rival club, though - because if the gamble pays off, we'll be pretty bitter about it!
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, May 20, 2015, 12:45pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from promotion plaice

most likely the Lincoln club doctor who's signed him off as fit
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 20, 2015, 12:47pm; Reply: 45
And you thought the Grimsby Telegraph was full of terrible 'journalism' - http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-City-transfers-Grimsby-Town-fans-meltdown/story-26539438-detail/story.html
Posted by: Maringer, May 20, 2015, 12:57pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Meza
I've been informed that Lincoln are in the middle of a new board member throwing money at the club in order to get them promoted.  I was told this by someone who will be signing for them soon.  

Hmmm. Sounds like we might well be facing Bradley Wood again next season...
Posted by: RoboCod, May 20, 2015, 1:03pm; Reply: 47
The Echo is an awful amateur attempt at journalism. They use more column space goading GTFC than actually reporting club matters. Last season they reported the Gateshead defeat in the next days issue and followed it with a childish Tweet.. Nothing at all this season after the first then second semi final win over Eastleigh. Then a quick report on the 'hapless' Mariners after our penalty knockout.
It's shoddy and worryingly spiteful, though no different to the views of the idiot fans I know here in Lincoln. Are there any adults working at the Echo offices?
There must be some reasonable fans here but they sure don't make themselves known.
Posted by: LH, May 20, 2015, 1:06pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Chrisblor

Is this sort of reporting a step up or down from those people who are paid to write the "39 things you think about while taking a dump" sort of clickbait articles shared on facebook etc?
Posted by: GrimRob, May 20, 2015, 1:08pm; Reply: 49
The guy's a professional footballer what is he supposed to do? Turn them down because he used to play for a neighbouring club.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 20, 2015, 1:45pm; Reply: 50
None of us moaned when Boyce signed for us (on loan I admit).

Is it that different?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, May 20, 2015, 1:52pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Meza

Rumour I heard was that the Allam's pulled money out of North Ferriby and are to join board in Lincoln. Source was my brother so may not be that reliable!!!
Posted by: Freemoash88, May 20, 2015, 1:55pm; Reply: 52
intercourse Liam Hearn. He had 1 good Season for us and thats it. Injury prone as hell lost alot of pace who cares. I'd rather us find another real gem a young lad with fire in his belly to succeed and play for the club.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 20, 2015, 2:01pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from SamTheMariner
None of us moaned when Boyce signed for us (on loan I admit).

Is it that different?

Gowling use to be the captain at Lincoln aswell
Posted by: wizbit, May 20, 2015, 3:16pm; Reply: 54
At the end of the day he's entitled to earn a wage were ever he sees fit to ,don't think he will be half the player we had.
let's not keep looking back and let's hope Hursty finds the next "liam Hearn" and fire us to the title
Posted by: nightrider, May 20, 2015, 3:26pm; Reply: 55
Cant understand why anyone gives a excrement.

Liam Hearn never wanted to play for Town anyway. He would have left half way through his first season if he could. The other half a season he was useless anyway.
Lincoln is nearer Nottingham which seems to be his main priority.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 20, 2015, 4:17pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Meza

Some bell ringer has sold a load of their rubbish to cash converters.

You have to realise that Liam came into the game late and tried to get as high as he could.  Yes you would have thought he owed us loyalty after his long lay off with injury, and that JF paid to sort out but some people don't have that in their locker.

Liam is a hard working and determined person, he won't last 90 minutes let alone a season and that's not taking the urine or trying to put him down.  He has the heart of lion but dodgy legs, I just hope he got a good deal out of it.

I wouldn't want him as our main striker but he should score enough goals for Lincoln to avoid the drop, again.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 20, 2015, 4:43pm; Reply: 57
http://m.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-City-transfers-Midfielders-bring-added/story-26532230-detail/story.html

More unbelievable journalism from the Echo here. They are speculating about midfielders that could sign for Lincoln - Craig Disley being one of them.
This is what their opinion is.....

Situation: Contracted at Grimsby

On the radar? If you believe the waffle on twitter from so called 'agents' each transfer window he should have been at Lincoln five times over. Like a younger version of Scott Kerr. Does he fancy a change after all the failure at Grimsby?

Failure?????? And what do you call The gimps 'performance' over the past 3 years?
Posted by: RoboCod, May 20, 2015, 4:50pm; Reply: 58
the waffle on twitter

Which they then regurgitate as 'stories' (sleep2) . Even when Diz's legs have gone he'll be too good for Lincoln.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 20, 2015, 5:22pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
http://m.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-City-transfers-Midfielders-bring-added/story-26532230-detail/story.html

More unbelievable journalism from the Echo here. They are speculating about midfielders that could sign for Lincoln - Craig Disley being one of them.
This is what their opinion is.....

Situation: Contracted at Grimsby

On the radar? If you believe the waffle on twitter from so called 'agents' each transfer window he should have been at Lincoln five times over. Like a younger version of Scott Kerr. Does he fancy a change after all the failure at Grimsby?

Failure?????? And what do you call The gimps 'performance' over the past 3 years?

I'm no words smith but is it 'abject failure' the correct label for the Gimps performance over the last 3 seasons.
Posted by: Grimal, May 20, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 60
Don't know if it's been said but I see Lee Beevers has returned to the Gimps, Christ !  he must be 85 now,seems to have been around a life time.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 20, 2015, 5:30pm; Reply: 61
Doubt weather town would have taken a gamble on a injury prone player out for three years be nice to know if we had been approached though.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 20, 2015, 11:25pm; Reply: 62
Initial reaction was one of being a little miffed...however...thinking on and putting myself in Liam's boots, if i had just had three disrupted seasons with major injuries, played a handful of games n that time...i would be fearful of never playing professional  again so if club came along and offered me pro contract on any basis i think i would snap their hands off.

Signing for them doesnt bother me but how he left us still does so i hope Lincoln have just bought a heap of false hope.
Posted by: marinerjase, May 21, 2015, 12:05am; Reply: 63
Why people are having a go at him I don't know...it's childish to say the least.

Taking away the club scenario, anyone who has the strength of mind and character to even play again...not once but twice he's done it - deserved nothing but admiration.
Posted by: topuphere666, May 21, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 64
Quoted from marinerjase
Why people are having a go at him I don't know...it's childish to say the least.

Taking away the club scenario, anyone who has the strength of mind and character to even play again...not once but twice he's done it - deserved nothing but admiration.

The strength and grit he has shown to get a pro deal is commendable, but I can understand why Lincoln will annoy people as a choice.
He had a great season with us, we supported and paid for him whilst out injured for a great deal of time and then he did one to Mansfield when he was fit again.

He can have a great season but as long as he doesn't score against us and get the imps promoted i'll be happy for him
Posted by: chaos33, May 22, 2015, 7:47pm; Reply: 65
I've got a funny feeling that Lincoln might go for Ross Hannah too.
Posted by: Garth, May 23, 2015, 2:24pm; Reply: 66
They need to be able to afford Ross, he will have plenty of choice and won`t come cheap like Liam
Posted by: Helgy, May 26, 2015, 3:30pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Grimal
Don't know if it's been said but I see Lee Beevers has returned to the Gimps, Christ !  he must be 85 now,seems to have been around a life time.

He's signed on a 2 year deal he's 31 played all last season.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 3:35pm