immariner
May 18, 2015, 2:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32780754

Most have said that they love this squad of players we now have and that they want to see them stay together as we've been pretty formidable in the last 15 games or so, losing only 1 in normal time. The players clearly like playing for the club and the fans have responded. Pittman and others have said it is the best group of lads they have ever played with. However, with our predicted budget next season we won't be able to keep them together according to Hurst. Is it time for the fans to put their money when their mouths are and start turning up in their droves? We can do it next year if we keep this group together. There is a belief and a togetherness now that we haven't had in over a decade and we can do better than a 3,500 home average to support our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
chicaneuk
May 18, 2015, 2:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Maybe the club could consider some crowd funding initiatives beyond regular merchandise, to try and draw in additional revenue to try raise revenue to keep key players? I'd love to go on a tour of Blundell Park for example - dressing rooms, boxes, etc. In all my 5-6 years of going all I've ever seen is the Pontoon!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
MuddyWaters
May 18, 2015, 2:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Attendances will be dictated by signings at the start of the season and results as the season goes on. Therefore cash has to be put on the table to attract the players that will deliver promotion.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
ginnywings
May 18, 2015, 2:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from immariner
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32780754

Most have said that they love this squad of players we now have and that they want to see them stay together as we've been pretty formidable in the last 15 games or so, losing only 1 in normal time. The players clearly like playing for the club and the fans have responded. Pittman and others have said it is the best group of lads they have ever played with. However, with our predicted budget next season we won't be able to keep them together according to Hurst. Is it time for the fans to put their money when their mouths are and start turning up in their droves? We can do it next year if we keep this group together. There is a belief and a togetherness now that we haven't had in over a decade and we can do better than a 3,500 home average to support our club.

Need to get the fans onside right from the off. Start winning games from match one and the floaters will stick with it instead of drifting away as they have the previous seasons. The last 15 games have galvanised the club and fans and we need to build on that right from the first game next season. Upping the average gate to over 4000 and a bit of luck in the cup would go a long way to bridging the financial gap. Hope we can keep the bulk of this squad and add one or two quality signings in the right areas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
psgmariner
May 18, 2015, 2:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from chicaneuk
Maybe the club could consider some crowd funding initiatives beyond regular merchandise, to try and draw in additional revenue to try raise revenue to keep key players? I'd love to go on a tour of Blundell Park for example - dressing rooms, boxes, etc. In all my 5-6 years of going all I've ever seen is the Pontoon!!

You can do that already. Ask Dave Smith. It's ace - highly recommended.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
GiveUsAG
May 18, 2015, 3:09pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
We need to keep the positivity, that will rub off onto the locals of the towns (Grimsby and Cleethorpes, and surrounding areas I guess).

With this "so proud to be GTFC" attitude / atmosphere surrounding the fans and club at the moment, I believe the attendances will be higher next season because we have gained interest and the 'belief' factor. I also notice there's a sense of pride too.

It wouldn't surprise me if we'll be favourites to win the league next season. There's so much belief at the moment, it's like nothing I've experienced in the 7 seasons I've supported the Mariners. And it feels great. I feel really proud to be a town fan.

I can't help but think and believe we will be fighting for the tittle next season, and that's before any transfers are done. I've heard many fans and seen many fans comment saying "we'll be champions next season", and you can tell, they really believe it.

So I think we'll see a rise season ticket sales for next season. I'm already excited for next season (is it just me? lol).

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
arryarryarry
May 18, 2015, 3:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,939
Gold Stars: 113
The fans will only turn up if the team can start to play at the start of the season like they did the end, shitty results against teams that ended up being relegated or just above will not bring the fans back in droves as you put it.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
forza ivano
May 18, 2015, 3:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from arryarryarry
The fans will only turn up if the team can start to play at the start of the season like they did the end, shitty results against teams that ended up being relegated or just above will not bring the fans back in droves as you put it.

not strictly true. yes, our fans drift away very quickly after 1 or 2 poor results but equally they are very quick to resume their support given a bit of encouragement and hope. 2 examples were the away followings at rovers this year and at cheltenham ,the first game of the infamous relegation season.
the trouble is we always seem to start staggering rather than running!
i do think its important for the club to recognise that they have to 'strike while the iron is hot' and do their best to exploit the atmosphere of positivity. get the season ticket advertising up and out there asap etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
Jarmo.Is.God
May 18, 2015, 3:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
i would only release 4/5 but replace them with 2/3 quality signings
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
cmackenzie4
May 18, 2015, 4:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Good post by the original poster!  I will certainly be attending more games next season and my lad will be getting a season ticket ( gift from me ) I will also be taking my wife and daughter to the games, we need to get as many through them turnstiles as possible!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Squad Retention and Attendances

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.