This thread currently has 7,753 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
May 18, 2015, 10:16pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,504
Gold Stars: 173
I suggested crowd funding or paying a bit extra on top of my season ticket price earlier on a different thread and got two red crosses. I'm glad other people see it as a good option. We can't rely on wealthy shareholders entirely and even though we contribute every time we enter BP, go to the club shop or buy a pint in the bar if we are going to to be competitive with a reduced budget we're going to have help to plug the gap with extras where possible. The easiest way being joining the Trust.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
friskneymariner
May 18, 2015, 10:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
The best way we  can financially help the club is to commit to season tickets as early as possible,whilst that may not be possible for everybody the club could introduce easy payment methods.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
KK_DOG
May 18, 2015, 10:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
The club did a five year season ticket, must be over 5 years ago now. I didn't take it up but they could do that again to inject some cash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
mariner2000
May 18, 2015, 10:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Just as an out there suggestion is there anyway we as a town/region could lead the way and stop/change Saturday local legue fixtures for kids/ teens etc??  

They are tomorrows supporters and yet they can't get to games as they have their own games to attend.   IO know they can't all play on Sunday due to the lack of pitches but what other suggestions/options are there?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 23 - 40
immariner
May 19, 2015, 12:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

I'd even sponsor a Junior season ticket for a kid back in the area who'd like to go but whose parents can't afford to take them, on the basis that the club get £90 they otherwise wouldn't get, plus another £100 in food, drink, merchandise over a season, plus £50 in ticket sales because they might bring a paying mate or relative five or six times over the season.  

I absolutely love that idea and could definitely see it as a trust initiative. I probably couldn't stretch to a full season ticket but the idea of exiles who can't get to games subsidising junior tickets (Grimsby is of course a deprived area), helping them get to games and hopefully creating life-long supporters, whilst supporting the current playing budget, fills me with hope. It's a very community-centred idea and Grimsby Town is a community club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2015, 12:35am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Agree. Sounds like a win-win-win suggestion. Kickstart-a-Mariner?

Be interested to hear from any of the Trust Board and any one involved in social services/third sector organisation about this. Might be issues we haven't thought about.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
GiveUsAG
May 19, 2015, 7:54am

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
I'd like to see more offers on tickets, both season tickets and match day tickets. One I'd like to see 'family season tickets' and 'family day out tickets'. Say 2 adults 2 juniors, or / and 1 adult 1 junior get in for £X amount. And not to be restricted to just the main stand, I think we'd sell more if they could choose which stand they want to be in.

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
Mrs Doyle
May 19, 2015, 8:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
We do have the loudest and best fans in this league if we keep the key players here and add a couple more with our 12th man we should romp next season. Grit, determination seem to be bonded in this squad. There is no doubt our team that ended this season were the best in the league of that I am certain. The damage was done ist half of the season getting rid of Aswad Thomas and a few other dis tractors and bringing in new faces was a master stroke on Hursts part the players and the fans spirits visibly lifted.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
MeanwoodMariner
May 19, 2015, 9:04am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Great to see ideas flowing like this.

Most of the suggestions are along the lines of lots of people putting a little bit more in, which is great. But there's also the economic model of a small number of people putting lots of money in (to complement the other ideas, not replace them).

Just like in kickstarter appeals for music artists trying to get a new album out. Most people will put £10 in and get a CD back. But 1 or 2 might pay a few grand to spend a few days with the band on tour or something like that.

We know Grimsby isn't a wealthy area in general but I am certain there are Town fans who are doing extremely well for themselves financially. Perhaps there are one or two who would pay over the odds to have a stand named after them for a season or be an official member of the squad or something like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2015, 9:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
It's got to be a two way thing. Whatever the figures, the club need to spend some Wembley cash to get us over the line with the final few pieces of the jigsaw. I know it doesn't guarantee anything and I know I'm not a big fan of PH, but having come so close, he has earned another chance.

Good signings and a good start will generate income - an increase of 300 on the average home gate would generate £5000 per home game. There is a genuine belief that we can get back to the Football League but it has to happen soon.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Squad Retention and Attendances

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.