Private Message
Peeler_Crab
April 7, 2015, 10:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
Thanks for that LM. The sound & picture quality seems superior to our own Mariners Player. I've noticed this at most highlights from other clubs we play. Its a shame as 'Crikey chance on John Moore' does a great job.. Come on GTFC, can we get some decent kit with decent sound & picture quality. Or is it just The Findus gods are so far away!?

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
LH
April 7, 2015, 10:47pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
Can we get a bot on here that instantly replies the reason why we haven't got a better highlights package on here Rob?

We're tied to Mariners Player like the majority of current and ex-league clubs and their set-up is very low quality. Youtube is higher quality and free. Town choose to upload their highlights to MP to take a bit of money off people who are willing to pay for it.

*edit:- How good does that away end look? Why can't all stands be that full in every ground in the country every week?

First time I've seen the goals too due to sheer numbers in front of me yesterday. LJL is easily the most frustrating striker I've ever seen at Town. How does he score a diving header yesterday but clear the Pontoon on Saturday?!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
psgmariner
April 8, 2015, 7:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Thanks for the link.

Alfreton had some decent chances didn't they? Whoever cleared off the line (parslow?) did really well.

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
moosey_club
April 8, 2015, 8:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,240
Gold Stars: 226
Having watched the highlights and seen the post match interview i must agree with Hurst, so disappointing that we didnt score more goals considering the dominance Makreth had over his full back.
Criminal that he consistently failed to pick out any players with the amount of times and freedom he had from those positions.            On commentary on Saturday JT was bemoaning the same point over and over but i took it with a pinch of salt as just being JT whining.

The best ball in from that side came when he laid it back for Clay who put it on a plate for LJL....( if there is such a thing )    

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
thevera
April 8, 2015, 8:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
"The best ball in from that side came when he laid it back for Clay who put it on a plate for LJL....( if there is such a thing )   "
It often seems to be a tectonic plate and the ball  bobble's when he hits it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
Lambretta Mariner
April 8, 2015, 8:22am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +140
Regarding Makreth, although he had the beating of the full back, he nearly always tried to run to the bye line. I thought there was a number of opportunities to run direct at the goal once he had passed the defender.

I wonder how much money Town make out of the Mariners World package? Any knowledge? I don't subscribe and I wonder how many actually do?

Just a thought but maybe Town could tie in with the college for match highlights in some way. That way the service could be provided for free and the students in that field are given experienc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
arryarryarry
April 8, 2015, 9:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Peeler_Crab
Thanks for that LM. The sound & picture quality seems superior to our own Mariners Player. I've noticed this at most highlights from other clubs we play. Its a shame as 'Crikey chance on John Moore' does a great job.. Come on GTFC, can we get some decent kit with decent sound & picture quality. Or is it just The Findus gods are so far away!?

Clearly you don't come on here that often.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
horsforthmariner
April 8, 2015, 9:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,598
Gold Stars: 9
I've got a mariners player subscription and it drives me crazy as some fans footage off Iphones seems to be of better quality than the shower they put up on there. Hopefully next season we'll be in a proper division and I won't have to bother with it as Sky/BBC will have highlights.
If the quality was better I'd probably keep it but I'm not shelling out for it again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
grimsby pete
April 8, 2015, 9:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Thanks for the clip,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.