Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Lambretta Mariner, April 7, 2015, 9:58pm
ATFC vs Grimsby HL: https://youtu.be/QpVn85-SYyA

Hope link works.
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, April 7, 2015, 10:25pm; Reply: 1
Thanks for that LM. The sound & picture quality seems superior to our own Mariners Player. I've noticed this at most highlights from other clubs we play. Its a shame as 'Crikey chance on John Moore' does a great job.. Come on GTFC, can we get some decent kit with decent sound & picture quality. Or is it just The Findus gods are so far away!? (helpsmilie)
Posted by: LH, April 7, 2015, 10:47pm; Reply: 2
Can we get a bot on here that instantly replies the reason why we haven't got a better highlights package on here Rob?

We're tied to Mariners Player like the majority of current and ex-league clubs and their set-up is very low quality. Youtube is higher quality and free. Town choose to upload their highlights to MP to take a bit of money off people who are willing to pay for it.

*edit:- How good does that away end look? Why can't all stands be that full in every ground in the country every week?

First time I've seen the goals too due to sheer numbers in front of me yesterday. LJL is easily the most frustrating striker I've ever seen at Town. How does he score a diving header yesterday but clear the Pontoon on Saturday?!
Posted by: psgmariner, April 8, 2015, 7:00am; Reply: 3
Thanks for the link.

Alfreton had some decent chances didn't they? Whoever cleared off the line (parslow?) did really well.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 8, 2015, 8:05am; Reply: 4
Having watched the highlights and seen the post match interview i must agree with Hurst, so disappointing that we didnt score more goals considering the dominance Makreth had over his full back.
Criminal that he consistently failed to pick out any players with the amount of times and freedom he had from those positions.            On commentary on Saturday JT was bemoaning the same point over and over but i took it with a pinch of salt as just being JT whining.

The best ball in from that side came when he laid it back for Clay who put it on a plate for LJL....( if there is such a thing )    ;)
Posted by: thevera, April 8, 2015, 8:20am; Reply: 5
"The best ball in from that side came when he laid it back for Clay who put it on a plate for LJL....( if there is such a thing )   "
It often seems to be a tectonic plate and the ball  bobble's when he hits it.
Posted by: Lambretta Mariner, April 8, 2015, 8:22am; Reply: 6
Regarding Makreth, although he had the beating of the full back, he nearly always tried to run to the bye line. I thought there was a number of opportunities to run direct at the goal once he had passed the defender.

I wonder how much money Town make out of the Mariners World package? Any knowledge? I don't subscribe and I wonder how many actually do?

Just a thought but maybe Town could tie in with the college for match highlights in some way. That way the service could be provided for free and the students in that field are given experienc.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 8, 2015, 9:13am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Peeler_Crab
Thanks for that LM. The sound & picture quality seems superior to our own Mariners Player. I've noticed this at most highlights from other clubs we play. Its a shame as 'Crikey chance on John Moore' does a great job.. Come on GTFC, can we get some decent kit with decent sound & picture quality. Or is it just The Findus gods are so far away!? (helpsmilie)

Clearly you don't come on here that often.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 8, 2015, 9:22am; Reply: 8
I've got a mariners player subscription and it drives me crazy as some fans footage off Iphones seems to be of better quality than the shower they put up on there. Hopefully next season we'll be in a proper division and I won't have to bother with it as Sky/BBC will have highlights.
If the quality was better I'd probably keep it but I'm not shelling out for it again.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 8, 2015, 9:34am; Reply: 9
Thanks for the clip, 8)
Posted by: gb, April 8, 2015, 9:43am; Reply: 10
I actually think Makreth put some great balls in but our strikers just weren't attacking the near post/getting in front of their men. Maybe it's because they'd prefer the floated ball to attack in the air. Another point I actually thought we looked more assured at the back with Gowling and credit where it is due Parslow made a great clearance. Still think we have to settle for playoff lottery but maybe just maybe it's our year.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 8, 2015, 9:47am; Reply: 11
Thanks for the highlights. Great atmosphere.  

I also liked the clever free-kick routine, and good goal, on the clip afterwards with Notts County Ladies.

We should be more creative at deadball positions.  Originality and an element of surprise always beats predictability (and not getting past the first defender).  It does not cost anything to try things out in training. Why waste good opportunities?
Posted by: biggles9999, April 8, 2015, 10:04am; Reply: 12
On Mackreth I think he has taken a lot of unfair stick.

I havent seen the highlights back yet, but it looked a lot of the time like both strikers went into the 6 yard box meaning that Mackreth had to try and get the ball through a narrow area with several Alfreton players/keeper there to shut areas off.

If any of the strikers had slowed their run down or dropped back towards the penalty spot then they would likely have given Jack a better crossing opportunity and we would probably have had more/better chances to score.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 8, 2015, 10:04am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Lambretta Mariner
Regarding Makreth, although he had the beating of the full back, he nearly always tried to run to the bye line. I thought there was a number of opportunities to run direct at the goal once he had passed the defender.

I wonder how much money Town make out of the Mariners World package? Any knowledge? I don't subscribe and I wonder how many actually do?

Just a thought but maybe Town could tie in with the college for match highlights in some way. That way the service could be provided for free and the students in that field are given experienc.

Another one who doesn't come on here often.

Posted by: arryarryarry, April 8, 2015, 10:05am; Reply: 14
Quoted from horsforthmariner
I've got a mariners player subscription and it drives me crazy as some fans footage off Iphones seems to be of better quality than the shower they put up on there. Hopefully next season we'll be in a proper division and I won't have to bother with it as Sky/BBC will have highlights.
If the quality was better I'd probably keep it but I'm not shelling out for it again.

Oh FFS

Posted by: Lambretta Mariner, April 8, 2015, 10:30am; Reply: 15
Quoted from arryarryarry

Another one who doesn't come on here often.

To be honest, maybe I won't bother in future. Very welcoming.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 8, 2015, 11:11am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Lambretta Mariner

To be honest, maybe I won't bother in future. Very welcoming.

I'm not sure what you expected but the debate about the quality of Mariners Player and the contract to which the club is tied to has been done to death on here countless frigging times.
Posted by: acko338, April 8, 2015, 11:12am; Reply: 17
I believe that Conference highlights are in a tied package where the teams have to accept rules and cannot allow separate cameras to show highlights in league with official offerings that have a set style of viewing  - several lower level teams have their own set ups that seem far superior on picture quality and information given, but are not allowed to be used at this level.

Again, the Conference are missing a trick to get people to subscribe, as many are unhappy at picture quality produced from the official suppliers.

Town's old videos, showing on Estuary tv, are far better in quality and content than current versions.
Posted by: Grimal, April 8, 2015, 12:47pm; Reply: 18
Come on arryarryarry,be a bit more understanding,there are new members on here that havnt seen previous threads regarding the poor quality of the mariner player highlights and the reasons why we are stuck with them at present.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 8, 2015, 1:07pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Grimal
Come on arryarryarry,be a bit more understanding,there are new members on here that havnt seen previous threads regarding the poor quality of the mariner player highlights and the reasons why we are stuck with them at present.

lambrettaMariner has been a member for 7 years and posts about the quality of MP are more frequent than posts about Peter Bore.
Posted by: acko338, April 8, 2015, 1:52pm; Reply: 20
Peter who ????
Posted by: Lambretta Mariner, April 8, 2015, 5:13pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from arryarryarry

lambrettaMariner has been a member for 7 years and posts about the quality of MP are more frequent than posts about Peter Bore.

Ill just post the highlights I find from now on, least ill know they're new.  I'd hate to offer an opinion on old ground you've already covered.

May I suggest a sticky thread of all topics that those that post daily don't wish to discuss again. That way us occasional posters can check them, and then we won't feel so silly when we bore you.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 8, 2015, 7:23pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from LH
Can we get a bot on here that instantly replies the reason why we haven't got a better highlights package on here Rob?

We're tied to Mariners Player like the majority of current and ex-league clubs and their set-up is very low quality.

Crikey. We've been out of the League for 5 years now. How long was that blooming contract?
Posted by: friskneymariner, April 8, 2015, 7:58pm; Reply: 23
Play nicely boys.
Posted by: BIGChris, April 8, 2015, 8:01pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from biggles9999
On Mackreth I think he has taken a lot of unfair stick.

I havent seen the highlights back yet, but it looked a lot of the time like both strikers went into the 6 yard box meaning that Mackreth had to try and get the ball through a narrow area with several Alfreton players/keeper there to shut areas off.

If any of the strikers had slowed their run down or dropped back towards the penalty spot then they would likely have given Jack a better crossing opportunity and we would probably have had more/better chances to score.

I made the same point in the just back thread. The players in the box had very limited movement with them basically in a straight line with the defenders making it nigh on impossible to pick one out
Posted by: barralad, April 8, 2015, 8:15pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from BIGChris

I made the same point in the just back thread. The players in the box had very limited movement with them basically in a straight line with the defenders making it nigh on impossible to pick one out

What frustrated me most was the inability to beat the first man from the huge number of corners we had...
Posted by: BIGChris, April 8, 2015, 8:16pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from barralad

What frustrated me most was the inability to beat the first man from the huge number of corners we had...

Knob  ;)
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 8, 2015, 8:40pm; Reply: 27
Thanks for posting Lambretta Mariner.  

I know the issue of the highlights keeps coming up, but it would be good if the club could give an update and maybe apply some pressure to the contractors to either improve the service or the club just refuses to pay them/keep to the conditions as clearly MP haven't provided a good enough service.  I would love to subscribe but having heard the negative feedback, I'd rather save my money.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 8, 2015, 9:10pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Crikey. We've been out of the League for 5 years now. How long was that blooming contract?

2017  is what I was told.
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, April 8, 2015, 9:30pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry

Clearly you don't come on here that often.

Clearly you haven't seen my member profile.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 8, 2015, 9:58pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Peeler_Crab

Clearly you haven't seen my member profile.

Ta.

So must be, what, 10 years? It's a long time in tech terms.
Posted by: immariner, April 8, 2015, 10:06pm; Reply: 31
You can tell the poor buggers at the back couldn't see as there was a definite lag between the front of the stand celebrating our first goal and those behind realising that the ball must have gone in!
Posted by: Abdul19, April 8, 2015, 10:51pm; Reply: 32
At least the Compass FM deal wasn't as long!
Posted by: Chrisblor, April 9, 2015, 11:02am; Reply: 33
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Thanks for posting Lambretta Mariner.  

I know the issue of the highlights keeps coming up, but it would be good if the club could give an update and maybe apply some pressure to the contractors to either improve the service or the club just refuses to pay them/keep to the conditions as clearly MP haven't provided a good enough service.  I would love to subscribe but having heard the negative feedback, I'd rather save my money.

A couple of weeks ago they mentioned something about Mariners Player going HD, but that doesn't seem to have materialised yet.
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 9, 2015, 11:46am; Reply: 34
How can anybody watch those highlights and try to criticise Mackreth? By far the best player on the pitch on that evidence. His crosses were put into brilliant areas which almost forced 2-3 own goals but for good defending and poor movement from our forwards.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, April 10, 2015, 9:16am; Reply: 35
Quoted from gb
I actually think Makreth put some great balls in but our strikers just weren't attacking the near post/getting in front of their men. Maybe it's because they'd prefer the floated ball to attack in the air. Another point I actually thought we looked more assured at the back with Gowling and credit where it is due Parslow made a great clearance. Still think we have to settle for playoff lottery but maybe just maybe it's our year.

I agree, Makreth put a number of good balls into what is considered the danger area. The issue was more with the runs of our forwards.
Posted by: gary_elton, April 10, 2015, 9:55am; Reply: 36
we still cant take corners tho... seem to recall at least 3 or 4 not getting past the first defender...
Posted by: easypeersy, April 10, 2015, 11:00pm; Reply: 37
Cracking match, an honour to be there!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 10, 2015, 11:08pm; Reply: 38
Actually it was a pretty good game, felt like a long afternoon on the day.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 2:28am