Reply: 20 - 38
Lambretta Mariner
April 8, 2015, 5:13pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +140
Quoted from arryarryarry

lambrettaMariner has been a member for 7 years and posts about the quality of MP are more frequent than posts about Peter Bore.

Ill just post the highlights I find from now on, least ill know they're new.  I'd hate to offer an opinion on old ground you've already covered.

May I suggest a sticky thread of all topics that those that post daily don't wish to discuss again. That way us occasional posters can check them, and then we won't feel so silly when we bore you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
KingstonMariner
April 8, 2015, 7:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH
Can we get a bot on here that instantly replies the reason why we haven't got a better highlights package on here Rob?

We're tied to Mariners Player like the majority of current and ex-league clubs and their set-up is very low quality.

Crikey. We've been out of the League for 5 years now. How long was that blooming contract?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
friskneymariner
April 8, 2015, 7:58pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Play nicely boys.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
BIGChris
April 8, 2015, 8:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from biggles9999
On Mackreth I think he has taken a lot of unfair stick.

I havent seen the highlights back yet, but it looked a lot of the time like both strikers went into the 6 yard box meaning that Mackreth had to try and get the ball through a narrow area with several Alfreton players/keeper there to shut areas off.

If any of the strikers had slowed their run down or dropped back towards the penalty spot then they would likely have given Jack a better crossing opportunity and we would probably have had more/better chances to score.

I made the same point in the just back thread. The players in the box had very limited movement with them basically in a straight line with the defenders making it nigh on impossible to pick one out
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
barralad
April 8, 2015, 8:15pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from BIGChris

I made the same point in the just back thread. The players in the box had very limited movement with them basically in a straight line with the defenders making it nigh on impossible to pick one out

What frustrated me most was the inability to beat the first man from the huge number of corners we had...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
BIGChris
April 8, 2015, 8:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from barralad

What frustrated me most was the inability to beat the first man from the huge number of corners we had...

Knob  
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
HackneyHaddock
April 8, 2015, 8:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Thanks for posting Lambretta Mariner.  

I know the issue of the highlights keeps coming up, but it would be good if the club could give an update and maybe apply some pressure to the contractors to either improve the service or the club just refuses to pay them/keep to the conditions as clearly MP haven't provided a good enough service.  I would love to subscribe but having heard the negative feedback, I'd rather save my money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
arryarryarry
April 8, 2015, 9:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Crikey. We've been out of the League for 5 years now. How long was that blooming contract?

2017  is what I was told.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
Peeler_Crab
April 8, 2015, 9:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from arryarryarry

Clearly you don't come on here that often.

Clearly you haven't seen my member profile.

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.