Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keep calm and carry on!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 324 Guests

Keep calm and carry on!

This thread currently has 6,476 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Jaws
March 14, 2015, 8:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
[img]http://www.redstar5.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/freak-out.gif[/img]
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
TownSNAFU5
March 15, 2015, 12:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,875
Gold Stars: 42
I have rarely been more annoyed after a Town match.

( I even went to the 5-1 home defeat to Bradford City around 1970).  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
Caesar
March 15, 2015, 7:52am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Too annoyed to read this thread last night. Waking up and trying to rationalise it yeah we need to keep calm etc. Sometimes are reactions can be overly negative (like our managers tactics tbh)

But while statistics show us as being on a good run of form yesterday showed why we all get so annoyed. We have a squad and 1st team that could really dominate this league, but we give that advantage away such that we are still a way behind top spot and need an amazing run to get to where we want to be. We struggle at home but get the results to go on an amazing run and just when it looks like we can do it we shoot ourselves in the foot.  Yes we are unbeaten in 5 now with 4 wins and we can still do it, but calm analysis of yesterdays game shows why many of us (including myself tbh) doubt Hurst can do it. Desperately hope I am wrong!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
MuddyWaters
March 15, 2015, 8:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Caesar
Too annoyed to read this thread last night. Waking up and trying to rationalise it yeah we need to keep calm etc. Sometimes are reactions can be overly negative (like our managers tactics tbh)

But while statistics show us as being on a good run of form yesterday showed why we all get so annoyed. We have a squad and 1st team that could really dominate this league, but we give that advantage away such that we are still a way behind top spot and need an amazing run to get to where we want to be. We struggle at home but get the results to go on an amazing run and just when it looks like we can do it we shoot ourselves in the foot.  Yes we are unbeaten in 5 now with 4 wins and we can still do it, but calm analysis of yesterdays game shows why many of us (including myself tbh) doubt Hurst can do it. Desperately hope I am wrong!

Sensible and reasoned stuff. Have to say that if I were on the GTFC board (Mr Fenty), I'd be giving him a roundoffucks on Monday morning.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
lukeo
March 15, 2015, 9:20am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Just keep doing our bit. Get behind the boys, keep the positivity towards the players going, keep the 'events' at each game going right up until the last whistle of the last game. Then, and only then, if Hurst has copulated it go negative!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
ackomariner
March 15, 2015, 10:11am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sensible and reasoned stuff. Have to say that if I were on the GTFC board (Mr Fenty), I'd be giving him a roundoffucks on Monday morning.

He'd of got them off me yesterday after the final whistle if I was on the board

Thought I might have had a different outlook this morning......but no, still fkin livid with the negative manager

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
sydney
March 15, 2015, 10:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
The thing is that should have been a win and everyone can see that
PH made a tactical error but worse than that he would not admit it which for me is my final loss of faith in him
It means he cannot learn from it and move on better for it
PH you better redeem your self with 3 points against a tough Eastleigh side or for me with games running out we are down for the playoffs and you know what your record is like in them PH
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
BIGChris
March 15, 2015, 3:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Seems to me PH made a switch that backed fired. He had done similar at Eastleigh and we got a positive result with Parslow winning lots in the air. Against Telford he did similar we got across the line.

Yesterday we didn't but that's life, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You make decisions based on what you think are right at the time. They may or may not be right in hindsight but you would think by the reaction of some that they were made with the intention of failure.

As someone described on Twitter. The Fishy goes into suicide watch after every point is dropped!

Lots it twists and turns to come
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
tashee69
March 15, 2015, 3:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +955
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I bet training next week will all be about defending a lead with an emphasis on getting our men behind the ball inviting pressure

And if it works PH will be able to tell his players that's how we'll go against Eastleigh

If we let it slip, never mind...they're on a good vein of form and we should expect them to think they have every chance of getting back in the game even if they've been outplayed for most of it  

At times, I get the feeling, in certain matches a point will do. I think that's how he'll see the game on Saturday. It keeps them behind us and, who knows, we might catch a lucky one on the break.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
DickBarton
March 15, 2015, 4:54pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Quoted from BIGChris
Seems to me PH made a switch that backed fired. He had done similar at Eastleigh and we got a positive result with Parslow winning lots in the air. Against Telford he did similar we got across the line.

Yesterday we didn't but that's life, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You make decisions based on what you think are right at the time. They may or may not be right in hindsight but you would think by the reaction of some that they were made with the intention of failure.

As someone described on Twitter. The Fishy goes into suicide watch after every point is dropped!

Lots it twists and turns to come

A voice of reason, how refreshing.

It makes you wonder about some  who seem to revel in drop points just to have a go at Paul Hurst.

Coming out of the ground yesterday was a bit deflating but I don't think for a minute that Paul Hurst intended to draw the match to spite the fishy. He is an honest bloke who is a confrence manager with conference players who are inconsistent, that's why they are playing and managing here. Anyone got a few million to replace them with premier players and manager?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Keep calm and carry on!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.