Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scarfs at the park?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 185 Guests

Scarfs at the park?

This thread currently has 8,647 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
bradzmilne
March 9, 2015, 11:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
Maybe not this season now, but how good would a retro Blundell Park be? I'm sure someone did it earlier in the year? Could try and tie it in with a club birthday or whatever.
Pick an era and the club could totally get on board with it. Vintage food/programmes/beer/even ticket prices! Get people to come in there old town shirts.. Maybe even bring out a special edition kit to wear for a one off game. As an 18 year old I have fondly listened to many a stream about a full Blundell Park in the 50s/60s/70s/80s but well before my time period sadly... Would be amazing to even witness a small part of it. .
Could even organise a scrap for after the game... Bring back the good old days eh?  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
lukeo
March 10, 2015, 4:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I'll post it now and next week on spotted : grimsby to spread the word
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
lukeo
March 10, 2015, 4:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
I'll post it now and next week on spotted : grimsby to spread the word
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
mariner91
March 10, 2015, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,636
Gold Stars: 261
Personally I don't see why this can't be put into action for every game home game that remains. The club could maybe put an offer on that see's everyone turning up with a scarf, then the fans just have to remember them each game. Bit of scarf waving and a sea of black and white might create a more positive home atmosphere for the remaining games. It's a great idea whoever thought of it. Simple, cost effective and visually pleasing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
KingstonMariner
March 10, 2015, 5:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Alfs for Town for Alfreton. Every Town fan changes their name by deed poll to Alf for the Bank Holiday weekend.

ALFs? Alien Life Forms

A thousand aliens descending on Derbyshire would be a puzzler for Mulder and Scully.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
lukeo
March 10, 2015, 6:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from mariner91
Personally I don't see why this can't be put into action for every game home game that remains. The club could maybe put an offer on that see's everyone turning up with a scarf, then the fans just have to remember them each game. Bit of scarf waving and a sea of black and white might create a more positive home atmosphere for the remaining games. It's a great idea whoever thought of it. Simple, cost effective and visually pleasing.

We need something like West Ham, every home game the atmosphere is electric at the beginning because they have a routine, a song and bubbles etc. I know it's not as realistic and easy as that but we could try something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
GyMariner
March 10, 2015, 7:30pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Hull city have a count down that nearly the whole
Ground joins in before holding their scarves up signing 'city till we die' or something, the guy with the mic individually gets each stand cheering etc just before kick off. Something needs to be done to get everyone going but it'll need a big promotion from grimsby.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
Tommy
March 10, 2015, 9:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from GyMariner
Hull city have a count down that nearly the whole
Ground joins in before holding their scarves up signing 'city till we die' or something, the guy with the mic individually gets each stand cheering etc just before kick off. Something needs to be done to get everyone going but it'll need a big promotion from grimsby.

I remember Dave Boylen doing that before kick off when we were battling relegation from the Championship.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
Abdul19
March 10, 2015, 10:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Tommy

I remember Dave Boylen doing that before kick off when we were battling relegation from the Championship.

So do I and I'd pay cash for him not to do it again!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
GiveUsAG
March 10, 2015, 10:24pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
I've pushed it all over twitter and Facebook, it's been a big hit with fans so far. See no reason why this won't happen.

Although there has been a lot of interest in this so far, I think once the Chester game is out the way, interest will grow even further, especially if we can beat Chester (I know we can, come on town!). I think if/when we beat Chester, we could see around 4,000 in attendance V Eastleigh.

I've messaged 2 other fan pages (Grimsby Mariners and Grimsby Till I Die), one (Grimsby Mariners) has replied and is helping promote it. Hoping 'Grimsby Till I Die' will too.

Spotted Grimsby have also said they'd promote it. I'm hoping the club, trust and telegraph get involved too.

I've encouraged some fans to put scarves in cars (one sent photos with scarves draped over his motor bikes, which inspired another to wrap a scarf around his push bike lol). On 'GTFC's black and white army' Facebook page, I'm going to encourage more to put scarves in their cars and send in photos under the tittle 'Scarves in car for scarves at the park' just for fun and obviously to promote 'scarves at the park'.  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scarfs at the park?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.