Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scarfs at the park?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 205 Guests

Scarfs at the park?

This thread currently has 8,628 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
GiveUsAG
March 8, 2015, 3:26pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
Just an idea.

With there being themes at away games and seeing as each game from now on are like cup finals, we could do with something to get the party / cup final atmosphere at Blundell park.

Scarfs being swung around in the air in all the stands would look pretty good.

I think this could make the club some money too, with the sales of scarfs.

Grimsby V Eastleigh is the next home game, Saturday 21st March. I know it's 2 away, but this gives us time to promote it.

If the 'scarfs at the park' idea is a bad one, then lets hear a better one, and get BP rocking.

Discuss...

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Peeler_Crab
March 8, 2015, 3:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
I know its been done plenty of times at other clubs, but I think it would be great.

A basic black & white scarf - cheap to buy, can be used again, looks affective when in full swing mode! + will certainly create a positive atmosphere.

It a winner!!

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 51
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 8, 2015, 4:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Some of us older fans have probably got a rattle stashed away somewhere as well! It could be a retro/vintage theme for BP.  

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 51
March 8, 2015, 4:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from GiveUsAG
Just an idea.

With there being themes at away games and seeing as each game from now on are like cup finals, we could do with something to get the party / cup final atmosphere at Blundell park.

Scarfs being swung around in the air in all the stands would look pretty good.

I think this could make the club some money too, with the sales of scarfs.

Grimsby V Eastleigh is the next home game, Saturday 21st March. I know it's 2 away, but this gives us time to promote it.

If the 'scarfs at the park' idea is a bad one, then lets hear a better one, and get BP rocking.

Discuss...

We can try all we like but we will never get the atmosphere and the feeling of an away game at BP.
Reply: 3 - 51
Fcukthescunts
March 8, 2015, 4:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Get unreserved seating in Osmond for Town fans to generate atmosphere on top of the scarf idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 51
grimsby pete
March 8, 2015, 4:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Scarfs and flags

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 51
Neilo83
March 8, 2015, 4:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +262
Gold Stars: 4
Should be done at every home game anyways.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 51
HackneyHaddock
March 8, 2015, 4:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I LOVE the idea of a Retro theme at BP as it shouldn't have the require people buying loads of new stuff if they didn't want to (though it would be good to shift a few hundred bar scarves) and it's something the club can really market well using things like the old Bygones footage we had on here from earlier in the week.  The club could also tie it in with the town's fishing heritage and release some old pictures to get people thinking.

There's a huge trend at the moment for dressing up in period costume or themed outfits for events with things like Secret Cinema, Forties re-enactment clubs and 80s themed weekends, so it could be something that gets people excited.

Just a few ideas:

-  Rattles
-  Bar scarves
-  False moustaches
-  Big baggy flat caps
-  Banners made from bedsheets ("GTFC are Ace" or other such 70s type lingo)
-  Brass band on the pitch
-  Bog-roll streamers
-  Ticker tape
-  Replace the goal nets with with super-heavy fine-gauge black fishing net and old-style triangle stanchions for the game.
-  Play old music for the day
-  Up the Mariners sing-a-long
-  Old footage on the big screen

I'm getting carried away here on a dull Sunday afternoon if you hadn't noticed....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 51
GyMariner
March 8, 2015, 5:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Potentially one of the best ideas yet but it would require a lot of promoting to get the effect that we'd like to see. Just can't see everybody doing it!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 51
Wrawby_Mariner
March 8, 2015, 5:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
I LOVE the idea of a Retro theme at BP as it shouldn't have the require people buying loads of new stuff if they didn't want to (though it would be good to shift a few hundred bar scarves) and it's something the club can really market well using things like the old Bygones footage we had on here from earlier in the week.  The club could also tie it in with the town's fishing heritage and release some old pictures to get people thinking.

There's a huge trend at the moment for dressing up in period costume or themed outfits for events with things like Secret Cinema, Forties re-enactment clubs and 80s themed weekends, so it could be something that gets people excited.

Just a few ideas:

-  Rattles
-  Bar scarves
-  False moustaches
-  Big baggy flat caps
-  Banners made from bedsheets ("GTFC are Ace" or other such 70s type lingo)
-  Brass band on the pitch
-  Bog-roll streamers
-  Ticker tape
-  Replace the goal nets with with super-heavy fine-gauge black fishing net and old-style triangle stanchions for the game.
-  Play old music for the day
-  Up the Mariners sing-a-long
-  Old footage on the big screen

I'm getting carried away here on a dull Sunday afternoon if you hadn't noticed....

This apart from goal nets are regulated and rattles are banned are they not?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 9 - 51
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scarfs at the park?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.