Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 8, 2015, 3:26pm
Just an idea.

With there being themes at away games and seeing as each game from now on are like cup finals, we could do with something to get the party / cup final atmosphere at Blundell park.

Scarfs being swung around in the air in all the stands would look pretty good.

I think this could make the club some money too, with the sales of scarfs.

Grimsby V Eastleigh is the next home game, Saturday 21st March. I know it's 2 away, but this gives us time to promote it.

If the 'scarfs at the park' idea is a bad one, then lets hear a better one, and get BP rocking.

Discuss...
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, March 8, 2015, 3:37pm; Reply: 1
I know its been done plenty of times at other clubs, but I think it would be great.

A basic black & white scarf - cheap to buy, can be used again, looks affective when in full swing mode! + will certainly create a positive atmosphere.

It a winner!! (100)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 8, 2015, 4:01pm; Reply: 2
Some of us older fans have probably got a rattle stashed away somewhere as well! It could be a retro/vintage theme for BP.  ;D
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), March 8, 2015, 4:11pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from GiveUsAG
Just an idea.

With there being themes at away games and seeing as each game from now on are like cup finals, we could do with something to get the party / cup final atmosphere at Blundell park.

Scarfs being swung around in the air in all the stands would look pretty good.

I think this could make the club some money too, with the sales of scarfs.

Grimsby V Eastleigh is the next home game, Saturday 21st March. I know it's 2 away, but this gives us time to promote it.

If the 'scarfs at the park' idea is a bad one, then lets hear a better one, and get BP rocking.

Discuss...

We can try all we like but we will never get the atmosphere and the feeling of an away game at BP.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, March 8, 2015, 4:13pm; Reply: 4
Get unreserved seating in Osmond for Town fans to generate atmosphere on top of the scarf idea.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 8, 2015, 4:21pm; Reply: 5
Scarfs and flags (100)
Posted by: Neilo83, March 8, 2015, 4:27pm; Reply: 6
Should be done at every home game anyways.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, March 8, 2015, 4:30pm; Reply: 7
I LOVE the idea of a Retro theme at BP as it shouldn't have the require people buying loads of new stuff if they didn't want to (though it would be good to shift a few hundred bar scarves) and it's something the club can really market well using things like the old Bygones footage we had on here from earlier in the week.  The club could also tie it in with the town's fishing heritage and release some old pictures to get people thinking.

There's a huge trend at the moment for dressing up in period costume or themed outfits for events with things like Secret Cinema, Forties re-enactment clubs and 80s themed weekends, so it could be something that gets people excited.

Just a few ideas:

-  Rattles
-  Bar scarves
-  False moustaches
-  Big baggy flat caps
-  Banners made from bedsheets ("GTFC are Ace" or other such 70s type lingo)
-  Brass band on the pitch
-  Bog-roll streamers
-  Ticker tape
-  Replace the goal nets with with super-heavy fine-gauge black fishing net and old-style triangle stanchions for the game.
-  Play old music for the day
-  Up the Mariners sing-a-long
-  Old footage on the big screen

I'm getting carried away here on a dull Sunday afternoon if you hadn't noticed....
Posted by: GyMariner, March 8, 2015, 5:06pm; Reply: 8
Potentially one of the best ideas yet but it would require a lot of promoting to get the effect that we'd like to see. Just can't see everybody doing it!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 8, 2015, 5:13pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
I LOVE the idea of a Retro theme at BP as it shouldn't have the require people buying loads of new stuff if they didn't want to (though it would be good to shift a few hundred bar scarves) and it's something the club can really market well using things like the old Bygones footage we had on here from earlier in the week.  The club could also tie it in with the town's fishing heritage and release some old pictures to get people thinking.

There's a huge trend at the moment for dressing up in period costume or themed outfits for events with things like Secret Cinema, Forties re-enactment clubs and 80s themed weekends, so it could be something that gets people excited.

Just a few ideas:

-  Rattles
-  Bar scarves
-  False moustaches
-  Big baggy flat caps
-  Bog-roll streamers
-  Ticker tape
-  Replace the goal nets with with super-heavy fine-gauge black fishing net and old-style triangle stanchions for the game.

I'm getting carried away here on a dull Sunday afternoon if you hadn't noticed....

This apart from goal nets are regulated and rattles are banned are they not?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 8, 2015, 5:59pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

This apart from goal nets are regulated and rattles are banned are they not?

Well there's this sort -

[url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Football-Baby-Rattle-/161593837497[/url]

or this -

[url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-Football-Game-Rattle-Noisemaker-Football-World-Cup-Party-ONE-SUPPLIED-/181675395558[/url]

They appear to be about 6 inches long so I guess they are almost invisible.

or you can even get plastic ones -

[url]http://www.positivemediapromotions.co.uk/football-rattle[/url]

which could hardly be classed as offensive weapons. ;)
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 8, 2015, 6:58pm; Reply: 11
Promoted it could be made easy by everyone spreading the word on social media.

Maybe the trust and club could in some way of promoting it?
Posted by: jock dock tower, March 8, 2015, 7:20pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Just a few ideas:

-  Rattles
-  Bar scarves
-  False moustaches
-  Big baggy flat caps
-  Bog-roll streamers
-  Ticker tape

Was getting really excited reading all those. Perhaps we could sub title it 50 Shades of (Stuart) Gray? ;)

Posted by: northbankmariner, March 8, 2015, 8:48pm; Reply: 13
Great ideas coming out here. Could be fantastic if the fans get on board.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 8, 2015, 8:53pm; Reply: 14
I've posted it on Facebook and twitter, seems to be a hit with fans. So I can see this happening. Going to be awesome, especially if / when we beat Chester next weekend.  8)
Posted by: JMT, March 8, 2015, 9:12pm; Reply: 15
Need to get this going on twitter, tweet the club it let the club know on facebook so they can put word about aswell, publicity is needed for these.

if this happens it will be fantastic!
Posted by: Rick12, March 8, 2015, 9:18pm; Reply: 16
Good idea for me. Scarves and singing creates a positive energy which equals more likelihood of better performances from the players
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 8, 2015, 9:21pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from JMT
Need to get this going on twitter, tweet the club it let the club know on facebook so they can put word about aswell, publicity is needed for these.

if this happens it will be fantastic!

I have done. I am black and white army on twitter and on Facebook, I run the GTFC's black and white army. :)
Posted by: JMT, March 8, 2015, 9:23pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from GiveUsAG

I have done. I am black and white army on twitter and on Facebook, I run the GTFC's black and white army.

I've just noticed on facebook it seems to be going down well, but on twitter it seems me and you are the only one's who have used the hashtag!
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 8, 2015, 9:27pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from JMT

I've just noticed on facebook it seems to be going down well, but on twitter it seems me and you are the only one's who have used the hashtag!

Indeed, but it's being past around quite a bit, so it's all good.  8)

We have 2 weeks, so there's plenty of time to promote it.
Posted by: Caesar, March 8, 2015, 9:30pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from GiveUsAG

Indeed, but it's being past around quite a bit, so it's all good.  8)

We have 2 weeks, so there's plenty of time to promote it.

Just searched Twitter and cannot find you, is it just @blackandwhitearmy?
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 8, 2015, 9:32pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Caesar

Just searched Twitter and cannot find you, is it just @blackandwhitearmy?

@gtfcgary But can type in the search bar Black and white army
Posted by: Caesar, March 8, 2015, 9:36pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from GiveUsAG

@gtfcgary But can type in the search bar Black and white army

Cheers, for some reason my search wasn't working!
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 8, 2015, 9:38pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Caesar

Cheers, for some reason my search wasn't working!

No worries.  8)
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, March 8, 2015, 9:39pm; Reply: 24
Scarfes is a good idea. Most of us have one done we?

I was at a City v United game in 2007 when City handed out free scarfs to us.

here's a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIFoIsvot14

Now ok Moneybags City could afford to give them away (well this was actually before the Sheikh Mansour takeover but..) Town probably cant.

Other teams have done as well.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 9, 2015, 8:49am; Reply: 25
Just been flicking through Alibaba and scarves are about £2 each. Surely this would be worthy of a Telewag promotion or even the club. Maybe even a local business could stump up if they were logo'd
Posted by: devon mariner, March 9, 2015, 12:29pm; Reply: 26
Scarfs and flat caps would look awesome and not too expensive for people. 8)
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 9, 2015, 8:50pm; Reply: 27
I've asked followers of GTFC's black and white army to send in photos of them with their scarves, or with a scarf in their car window or even house window.

It be good to see cars around the town with scarves in the windows to help promote the club and 'scarves at the park' initiative.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, March 9, 2015, 8:52pm; Reply: 28
Alfreton Away could be the "Bank Holiday Beano" with 1500 knotted hankies on heads.  Very high visual-impact:cost ratio too.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 9, 2015, 8:55pm; Reply: 29
Alfs for Town for Alfreton. Every Town fan changes their name by deed poll to Alf for the Bank Holiday weekend.
Posted by: bradzmilne, March 9, 2015, 11:51pm; Reply: 30
Maybe not this season now, but how good would a retro Blundell Park be? I'm sure someone did it earlier in the year? Could try and tie it in with a club birthday or whatever.
Pick an era and the club could totally get on board with it. Vintage food/programmes/beer/even ticket prices! Get people to come in there old town shirts.. Maybe even bring out a special edition kit to wear for a one off game. As an 18 year old I have fondly listened to many a stream about a full Blundell Park in the 50s/60s/70s/80s but well before my time period sadly... Would be amazing to even witness a small part of it. .
Could even organise a scrap for after the game... Bring back the good old days eh?  ;D
Posted by: lukeo, March 10, 2015, 4:08pm; Reply: 31
I'll post it now and next week on spotted : grimsby to spread the word
Posted by: lukeo, March 10, 2015, 4:08pm; Reply: 32
I'll post it now and next week on spotted : grimsby to spread the word
Posted by: mariner91, March 10, 2015, 5:06pm; Reply: 33
Personally I don't see why this can't be put into action for every game home game that remains. The club could maybe put an offer on that see's everyone turning up with a scarf, then the fans just have to remember them each game. Bit of scarf waving and a sea of black and white might create a more positive home atmosphere for the remaining games. It's a great idea whoever thought of it. Simple, cost effective and visually pleasing.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 10, 2015, 5:59pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Alfs for Town for Alfreton. Every Town fan changes their name by deed poll to Alf for the Bank Holiday weekend.

ALFs? Alien Life Forms (alien)

A thousand aliens descending on Derbyshire would be a puzzler for Mulder and Scully.
Posted by: lukeo, March 10, 2015, 6:23pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from mariner91
Personally I don't see why this can't be put into action for every game home game that remains. The club could maybe put an offer on that see's everyone turning up with a scarf, then the fans just have to remember them each game. Bit of scarf waving and a sea of black and white might create a more positive home atmosphere for the remaining games. It's a great idea whoever thought of it. Simple, cost effective and visually pleasing.

We need something like West Ham, every home game the atmosphere is electric at the beginning because they have a routine, a song and bubbles etc. I know it's not as realistic and easy as that but we could try something.
Posted by: GyMariner, March 10, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 36
Hull city have a count down that nearly the whole
Ground joins in before holding their scarves up signing 'city till we die' or something, the guy with the mic individually gets each stand cheering etc just before kick off. Something needs to be done to get everyone going but it'll need a big promotion from grimsby.
Posted by: Tommy, March 10, 2015, 9:59pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from GyMariner
Hull city have a count down that nearly the whole
Ground joins in before holding their scarves up signing 'city till we die' or something, the guy with the mic individually gets each stand cheering etc just before kick off. Something needs to be done to get everyone going but it'll need a big promotion from grimsby.

I remember Dave Boylen doing that before kick off when we were battling relegation from the Championship.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 10, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Tommy

I remember Dave Boylen doing that before kick off when we were battling relegation from the Championship.

So do I and I'd pay cash for him not to do it again!
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 10, 2015, 10:24pm; Reply: 39
I've pushed it all over twitter and Facebook, it's been a big hit with fans so far. See no reason why this won't happen.

Although there has been a lot of interest in this so far, I think once the Chester game is out the way, interest will grow even further, especially if we can beat Chester (I know we can, come on town!). I think if/when we beat Chester, we could see around 4,000 in attendance V Eastleigh.

I've messaged 2 other fan pages (Grimsby Mariners and Grimsby Till I Die), one (Grimsby Mariners) has replied and is helping promote it. Hoping 'Grimsby Till I Die' will too.

Spotted Grimsby have also said they'd promote it. I'm hoping the club, trust and telegraph get involved too.

I've encouraged some fans to put scarves in cars (one sent photos with scarves draped over his motor bikes, which inspired another to wrap a scarf around his push bike lol). On 'GTFC's black and white army' Facebook page, I'm going to encourage more to put scarves in their cars and send in photos under the tittle 'Scarves in car for scarves at the park' just for fun and obviously to promote 'scarves at the park'.  8)
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 10, 2015, 11:05pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Abdul19

So do I and I'd pay cash for him not to do it again!

That made me laugh.

1 -2 -3 wey hey

Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 16, 2015, 10:27am; Reply: 41
Next up: Grimsby V Eastleigh, 3 pm Saturday at Blundell park.

The Mariners go into this game aiming to extend the unbeaten run to 6 games unbeaten, whilst also aiming to take all 3 points, in the push for promotion.

I personally think when it comes to the tittle, it now depends on results else where, and whether or not other teams slip up further.
...Halifax face Barnet on Tuesday, so this will provide us with a game in hand over league leaders Barnet. We already have a game in hand over Bristol Rovers and Macclesfield.
...I believe that if Barnet lose their game in the week, then we'll still be in with the shot at the tittle. With us then being 5 points from the top, with a game in hand, again. But we will see.

At the very least, the Mariners will no doubt make the play off's. So can probably say that the play off's is our second chance at promotion should we fail to win the league. Don't write us off just yet, many fans said they'd be more twists and turns to come yet.

It's a bumpy ride and we will need all the support we can get! So we need all of the noisy fans to get down to Blundell park this weekend! We need Blundell park to be a fortress for our promotion chasing team and a hostile ground for our opponents, Eastleigh.

Don't forget your scarves! :P

BRING THE NOISE! Onwards and upwards, UTM.
Posted by: lukeo, March 16, 2015, 2:47pm; Reply: 42
we could quite easily not only miss out on automatic but miss out on the play offs aswell. Every team in the top 6-7 are thinking the same as us and expecting to be in that top 5.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, March 16, 2015, 2:54pm; Reply: 43
We just need to keep winning and who knows what will happen. It is so close at the top. We can still win the league, you have to believe.
Posted by: lukeo, March 16, 2015, 3:02pm; Reply: 44
Oh and i'll post it every day this week on spotted : grimsby about scarfs at the park :)
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 18, 2015, 10:41am; Reply: 45
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-want-party-atmosphere-Eastleigh/story-26188415-detail/story.html
Posted by: northbankmariner, March 19, 2015, 10:34am; Reply: 46
Quoted from lukeo
we could quite easily not only miss out on automatic but miss out on the play offs aswell. Every team in the top 6-7 are thinking the same as us and expecting to be in that top 5.

tend to agree, a few more wins please town and then, and only then can we think of automatic, plenty of teams still in with realistic play off shouts, perm any four from barnet, Bristol rovers, town, macclesfield, eastleigh, gateshead, forest green and Halifax. anyone of these teams can go on a run. I think all talk off automatic promotion is a bit of a fantasy right now, but am not knocking the positivity at all, am also getting excited about our prospects but not getting carried away just yet, lets just try and guarantee a play off spot first and then see where we get to.

oh yes and on the subject thread, would love to see a mass of scarves and banners at BP
Posted by: chaos33, March 21, 2015, 9:04pm; Reply: 47
Did it happen? Was it good? Any pics?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 21, 2015, 9:47pm; Reply: 48
It was a good start we the fans need to keep it going for all remaining home games.Loads more scarfs than normal and the best atmosphere at a bog standard League game for quite a while.
Posted by: KK_DOG, March 21, 2015, 10:20pm; Reply: 49
Who was responsible for the Magnay banner ? I have to say I heard it mentioned on the Humberside Magnay interview and have now seen the photograph. Must have been asleep at the ground because I didn't see it.Brilliant though.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 22, 2015, 10:33am; Reply: 50
It were good. Many turned up scarves, not many waved them around until we'd scored, but looked good when they did.

Good atmosphere and great result.

Hopefully we can keep this up. Onwards and upwards! UTM
Posted by: ginnywings, March 22, 2015, 11:50am; Reply: 51
Brother had 2 scarves, one of them older than half the crowd i'd guess, from the '72 promotion season.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 12:16am