This thread currently has 6,028 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
AlanPoutonsTackle
March 7, 2015, 11:29pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Now we find ourselves in a position to be fair where we could win this division and to the same front miss out on the play offs because the teams behind us did better today than those in front. I think it would be a good time for the club to do straight £10 an adult to get people in. Can't speak for today but we are doing this run and still not tearing up trees so I think just on the run in decent crowds at BP could be all the difference. I would like now also to hear nothing on the new ground and everything concentrated on the pitch at least till the end of the season. Because till  May that is really all that matters.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
gary_elton
March 7, 2015, 11:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
100% with you.... League status is all important now...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
mrsd
March 8, 2015, 12:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
They usually mess up in front of a large crowd, just keep it as it is!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
sparko501
March 8, 2015, 12:12am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
Quoted from AlanPoutonsTackle
I would like now also to hear nothing on the new ground and everything concentrated on the pitch at least till the end of the season. Because till  May that is really all that matters.

I kind of agree but do you not think that the talk of a new ground helps towards a positive attitude for everyone at the club?

I reckon if I was at a club that has that kind of future vision I would want to work hard and achieve things and stay there.

But yeah we need to pack the park and get people through the gates with cheaper tickets now and not a few games before the end of the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
KingstonMariner
March 8, 2015, 12:15am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I'm with mrsd on this

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
Theimperialcoroner
March 8, 2015, 9:13am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,140
Gold Stars: 102
Talking of big attendances, Alfreton on Easter Monday could be a bit nutty if we are in this position still. We'll take bloody loads.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
Garth
March 8, 2015, 9:19am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Big crowds equate to home losses,  don't you think?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 8, 2015, 9:27am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
We did well in the fa cup last year but definitely in the league we don't seem to do well with big crowds at home
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
moosey_club
March 8, 2015, 9:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from mrsd
They usually mess up in front of a large crowd, just keep it as it is!!

Exactly...in fact...the theory is...the better we are doing the bigger the attraction is ....so......actually put the prices up by £2 a game across the board...including a levy on S.T holders.....that should soon have us down to playing in front of our preffered 500 -1000 supporters and rolling the results in.

P.S
That was a joke John if you are reading.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
AlanPoutonsTackle
March 8, 2015, 10:17am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Quoted from sparko501

I kind of agree but do you not think that the talk of a new ground helps towards a positive attitude for everyone at the club?

I reckon if I was at a club that has that kind of future vision I would want to work hard and achieve things and stay there.

But yeah we need to pack the park and get people through the gates with cheaper tickets now and not a few games before the end of the season

The ground thing does seem to have grabbed peoples imagination but when you look at the OS it appears to have taken over. We know its in the pipeline, we have probably all signed the petition etc. Now it should be something that is worthy of updates when updates are available. Lets give us more reasons to be cheerful than a shiny new ground. We need a football league place to put in it. I hear what people are saying about playing poorly in front of bigger crowds, I just can't help but feel it will finally be a motivation for this lot to get over the line. I don't think the crowds are the thing, we just sometimes really play not very well. I think it may be coincidence.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Big attendances

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.