forza ivano
March 8, 2015, 10:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from mrsd
They usually mess up in front of a large crowd, just keep it as it is!!

Agreed.in fact put the prices up to £25 , nobody goes and it ends up being like a normal conference away match! And you know that we always win away .job done
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
poomehellt
March 8, 2015, 10:50am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Talking of big attendances, Alfreton on Easter Monday could be a bit nutty if we are in this position still. We'll take bloody loads.

Unfortunatly I'll be working Easter Monday, (double time, lieu day and so on hard to turn down) but the 1st time we played Alfreton we took loads and it was crazy with people still trying to get in 15 mins into the match, not the best set up for dealing with large numbers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
grimsby pete
March 8, 2015, 12:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
I think our disappointing home form is behind us now,

The players believe and the fans believe we can do this,

So its home wins all the way to the end of the season.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
Mrs Doyle
March 8, 2015, 1:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I think this also it's alright having a big gate but the noise levels and backing as to be there I have no doubt the recent themed away days as helped bond the players and fans together. We now need this atmosphere at BP and I think a lot of people are now beginning to think this may be on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
Doctor Sanchez
March 8, 2015, 1:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
If we do start getting bigger crowds at BP I hope people don't come expecting Town to take the opposition apart.  So many teams come to BP with the aim of getting a draw and frustrate the team and the crowd.  Our last two home games were good examples of this and despite Town not looking convincing, they still took the maximum points from the games.  Even Bristol Rovers have got to the top of table by winning scrappy games by the odd goal, they haven't exactly been tearing teams apart.  It's important to keep the atmosphere positive and while fans have the right to let their frustrations be known, it doesn't mean they have to.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
grimsby pete
March 8, 2015, 1:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
We have 4 home games left,

Eastleigh will come to win,

Wrexham and Gateshead will not park the bus,

Aldershot the last game of the season ( we hope ) will give it a good go,

So 4 big attendances and 4 wins I hope.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
jock dock tower
March 8, 2015, 7:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
With their games in hand, Wrexham could put themselves into play off contention if they string a decent winning streak.

I think Gateshead could realistically be outside the play offs by then, Aldershot are safe from relegation and will have nothing to play for. Probably the most challenging game of the lot!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
DickBarton
March 9, 2015, 2:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Quoted from Doctor Sanchez
If we do start getting bigger crowds at BP I hope people don't come expecting Town to take the opposition apart.  So many teams come to BP with the aim of getting a draw and frustrate the team and the crowd.  Our last two home games were good examples of this and despite Town not looking convincing, they still took the maximum points from the games.  Even Bristol Rovers have got to the top of table by winning scrappy games by the odd goal, they haven't exactly been tearing teams apart.  It's important to keep the atmosphere positive and while fans have the right to let their frustrations be known, it doesn't mean they have to.

Absolutely spot on.

Just get down there and be positive. It's not the larger gates that effect the players (cup runs for instance) it's the moaning and groaning that does it. I can't believe what's  shouted sometimes at the players and at Paul hurst from the upper  Findus. If we'd payed millions for them I'd understand. So give them encouragement!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
KingstonMariner
March 9, 2015, 11:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jock dock tower
With their games in hand, Wrexham could put themselves into play off contention if they string a decent winning streak.

I think Gateshead could realistically be outside the play offs by then, Aldershot are safe from relegation and will have nothing to play for. Probably the most challenging game of the lot!

Glad you added that Jock.

Yours Supersticiously

KM

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
bradzmilne
March 9, 2015, 11:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,381
Gold Stars: 29
Playing in front of a big crowd is all about mind set. If the players believe that there are 5,000 there to support them we will be fine.
Its when the players don't think they are there to support them, that's the issue. Because I could imagine a big crowd could become very intimidating if fans start getting on the players back etc. I'm not sure how you change that mentality of the crowd? It seems that some of the of the crowd are fixated on the great town teams/players of the past rather than focusing on the current batch of players now.
You don't forget the past, but you concentrate on the here and now. What does that mean? lets get behind the lads and get out of this league once and for all.
UTM.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Big attendances

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.