4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2015, 7:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.61
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,205
Gold Stars: 235
Clearly LJL won't get dropped even though he hasn't scored this year but here's a variation for you:

Maca

Magnay
Toto
Shaun
Robertson

Clay
Brown
Dis

Arnold
Palmer
Jolley
Private Message
LH
February 25, 2015, 7:42pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,460
Gold Stars: 172
He scored Vs Barnet at home, albeit a penalty.

Hurst's favourites have been discussed at length on here but maybe they're his favourites because he knows if he plays them then they'll give everything they've got while they are on the pitch. Other players may be better technically but Hurst (with and without Scott too) has always like hard workers.

I think trust in your workforce plays a big part in any field of work but especially in the football management world in the current era of trigger happy chairmen.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
gtfc82
February 25, 2015, 8:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
But the best managers identify when players aren't performing, regardless of who they are! LJL isn't performing and we have numerous replacements, so why doesn't Hurst try one?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
chaos33
February 25, 2015, 8:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
All you've got to do is treat all players on merit, no exceptions. Everyone knows where they stand then. Evidently easier said than done.

I like OC's team, except I'd like to see Paddy instead of Brown or Clay (pick one). It's Braintree at home. An attack weighted set up would be my preference.
Not going to happen.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
grimsby pete
February 25, 2015, 8:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Clearly LJL won't get dropped even though he hasn't scored this year but here's a variation for you:

Maca

Magnay
Toto
Shaun
Robertson

Clay
Brown
Dis

Arnold
Palmer
Jolley

You say he wont get dropped,

Then you go and drop him  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2015, 8:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.61
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,205
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from chaos33
All you've got to do is treat all players on merit, no exceptions. Everyone knows where they stand then. Evidently easier said than done.

I like OC's team, except I'd like to see Paddy instead of Brown or Clay (pick one). It's Braintree at home. An attack weighted set up would be my preference.

I had Paddy in the team I wrote down but he's clearly way down the pecking order - God knows why and whatever he's done wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
ginnywings
February 25, 2015, 9:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,089
Gold Stars: 548
Arnold Palmer up front? Think he'd struggle with a round of golf nowadays, never mind leading the line for us. Mind you.......................
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
chaos33
February 25, 2015, 9:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
I'd like to see Palmer and Jolley and Arnold playing together. I think they'd cause a lot of problems for any team in this leage.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
headingly_mariner
February 25, 2015, 9:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Suggesting dropping Lenny ahead of Jolley is amazing. Jolley has been male masturbation, whereas Lenny has been one of our most consistent performers all season and is our top scorer. Lenny and Pittman or Palmer for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
ackomariner
February 25, 2015, 9:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Suggesting dropping Lenny ahead of Jolley is amazing. Jolley has been male masturbation, whereas Lenny has been one of our most consistent performers all season and is our top scorer. Lenny and Pittman or Palmer for me.

Wouldn't say that LJL has been pulling any trees up lately .....plenty of other strikers to choose from, but not jolly, rather go with giving Watson a game

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A team for Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.