chaos33
February 25, 2015, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Suggesting dropping Lenny ahead of Jolley is amazing. Jolley has been male masturbation, whereas Lenny has been one of our most consistent performers all season and is our top scorer. Lenny and Pittman or Palmer for me.

Jolly has been 'w@nk'? Are you serious? His Barnet and Telford performances were that poor in your opinion?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 37
immariner
February 25, 2015, 9:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Clearly LJL won't get dropped even though he hasn't scored this year but here's a variation for you:

Maca

Magnay
Toto
Shaun
Robertson

Clay
Brown
Dis

Arnold
Palmer
Jolley

It's the formation I'd go for, though possibly Pittman instead of Jolley and, as you say, McLaughlin would probably be in my team too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2015, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Suggesting dropping Lenny ahead of Jolley is amazing. Jolley has been male masturbation, whereas Lenny has been one of our most consistent performers all season and is our top scorer. Lenny and Pittman or Palmer for me.

Lenny is short on confidence and short on ability and last night was short on effort too. Hurst has dropped the likes of Neilson and Paddy after poor displays - why not Lenny?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
headingly_mariner
February 25, 2015, 10:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from chaos33

Jolly has been 'w@nk'? Are you serious? His Barnet and Telford performances were that poor in your opinion?

Wasn't at Barnet but he was completely anonymous against Bristol, he didnt look arsed, he was our poorest performer last night, gave the ball away, made bad decisions, was extremely lightweight and innefective. He doesn't look a striker at the minute and hopefully will improve but he's behind Lenny, Pittman and Palmer for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
BIGChris
February 25, 2015, 10:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I can accept LJL had an extremely poor game last night but to accuse the bloke of a lack of effort is just untrue
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,477
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from ackomariner

Wouldn't say that LJL has been pulling any trees up lately .....plenty of other strikers to choose from, but not jolly, rather go with giving Watson a game

Watson hasn't scored a goal since August and has only played about 30 minutes of football since then, yet you want to drop LJL because hasn't scored in a month?

Interesting choice.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
Garth
February 25, 2015, 10:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Maringer

Watson hasn't scored a goal since August and has only played about 30 minutes of football since then, yet you want to drop LJL because hasn't scored in a month?

Interesting choice.  

It would be interesting to start with Watson instead of Jolley alongside Palmer, sit LJL on the bench (just in case)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2015, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from BIGChris
I can accept LJL had an extremely poor game last night but to accuse the bloke of a lack of effort is just untrue

Zero movement off the ball last night. Our leading goal scorer hasn't scored from open play since before Xmas, why is he bomb proof?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
BIGChris
February 25, 2015, 10:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Game on Saturday is absolutely vital if we are to have any chance of applying some pressure on top spot. Must win, especially at home.

Why then would we risk that by throwing in an untried youngster when we have plenty of experienced pro's?

Have Watson on the bench by all means and if we can get 3 up with 25 mins to go then no problem in giving him some game time but to start with him? Really?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
chaos33
February 25, 2015, 10:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357

Wasn't at Barnet but he was completely anonymous against Bristol, he didnt look arsed, he was our poorest performer last night, gave the ball away, made bad decisions, was extremely lightweight and innefective. He doesn't look a striker at the minute and hopefully will improve but he's behind Lenny, Pittman and Palmer for me.

You must have watched a different game to me last night.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A team for Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.