3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 24, 2015, 11:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
If we continue to create and then waste as many chances as we did tonight, then we can forget promotion. Lennie was woeful, please Red Cross me as much as you want, but Palmer was fit and we had JP, Hamish and the Goal Machine on the bench!
Private Message
GiveUsAG
February 24, 2015, 11:16pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
Still got the 3 points.  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Garth
February 24, 2015, 11:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from MuddyWaters
If we continue to create and then waste as many chances as we did tonight, then we can forget promotion. Lennie was woeful, please Red Cross me as much as you want, but Palmer was fit and we had JP, Hamish and the Goal Machine on the bench!

Palmer was not match fit, JP was slow tonight compared with his Saturday performance, I would have put Hamish on for LJL in the 70th minute
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Doubled
February 25, 2015, 7:46am
season ticket holder
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +43
I havnt seen the goal machine play yet!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
pizzzza
February 25, 2015, 11:22am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from MuddyWaters
If we continue to create and then waste as many chances as we did tonight, then we can forget promotion.

If we continue to score more goals than the opposition as we did last night, then we have every chance of promotion.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
DocTower
February 25, 2015, 11:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
I know last night wasn't  inspiring  again . Think we knew that Telford would park the bus . Telford knew we haven't  the ability to break down stubborn  defences . We know we haven't  the ability , but it's the same tactics  . It's ok saying we won , but at what cost . We should have been rocking after Saturday , tired players , maybe . We have fully fit players champing  at the bit sat on the bench , use them .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
BIGChris
February 25, 2015, 11:44am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from DocTower
I know last night wasn't  inspiring  again . Think we knew that Telford would park the bus . Telford knew we haven't  the ability to break down stubborn  defences . We know we haven't  the ability , but it's the same tactics  . It's ok saying we won , but at what cost . We should have been rocking after Saturday , tired players , maybe . We have fully fit players champing  at the bit sat on the bench , use them .

Surely we DID break down the 'stubborn defence'?

We had a sack full of scoring opportunities and clear ones at that, we just failed to take them.

Against the likes of Southport, Dover & Nuneaton earlier in the season we created very little but we DID have loads of chances last night
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
February 25, 2015, 11:45am
Guest User
Could the negative atmosphere at blundell park be anything to do with the negative atmosphere on here, i mean really, get a grip. The team wins , gets three points and you're really advocating that we won't get promoted. The fishy never changes!!!

Chelsea, just for example, have a habit of winning one nil against other teams, they still win cups.

If you feel and create negativity like the majority of posts on here do, it should be no surprise what so ever that that transforms itself into a quiet atmosphere. You could blame the players, but many will probably tell you that it's hard to beat the team at the bottom of the league who are there to park the bus and kick you.

Yes we missed a few chances, or a lot whatever, it's not important. The team took 3 points, with 33 to play for.

If you continue to say Lenny s excrement - he s not, Hirst has got it wrong - he hasn't , he sees the players in training, something many of you don't, and makes his selections, then it is no surprise that when you enter the football ground with this attitude the atmosphere is a bit subdued.

The Dalai Lama says, there's two days a year you can do nothing about, yesterday and tomorrow... So concentrate on today, where your team , our team is in the playoffs 6 points of top, with plenty of football to be played.
Reply: 7 - 27
Doctor Sanchez
February 25, 2015, 12:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 935
our team is in the playoffs 6 points of top, with plenty of football to be played.

8 points off the top (with a game in hand) but yeah I agree with most of your post.  I'm sure Saturday will have more of an atmosphere like the Barnet and Brizzle home games.  Cold Tuesday nights rarely seem to inspire much of an atmosphere at BP.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 12:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,403
Gold Stars: 184
I'm not sure I would call Telford's defence 'stubborn'. They were absolutely wide open no end of times and we really should have improved our goal difference a good bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Seriously

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.