3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
mike_d
February 25, 2015, 1:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
To put it into perspective, the current league leaders managed to hammer Telford 1-0 three times this season including twice at home.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
Jarmo.Is.God
February 25, 2015, 2:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from DocTower
I know last night wasn't  inspiring  again . Think we knew that Telford would park the bus . Telford knew we haven't  the ability to break down stubborn  defences . We know we haven't  the ability , but it's the same tactics  . It's ok saying we won , but at what cost . We should have been rocking after Saturday , tired players , maybe . We have fully fit players champing  at the bit sat on the bench , use them .

to be fair, if he used his fitter players on the bench, and we didnt win, he would of got slated for changing a winning team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
GyMariner
February 25, 2015, 2:38pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
I think sometimes you just have to take a step back and realise that we are non league and the football isn't going to be great. The players in this league are all here for a reason so there's no point in looking too deep into things regarding performances/goals etc

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
DocTower
February 25, 2015, 2:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from BIGChris

Surely we DID break down the 'stubborn defence'?

We had a sack full of scoring opportunities and clear ones at that, we just failed to take them.

Against the likes of Southport, Dover & Nuneaton earlier in the season we created very little but we DID have loads of chances last night

We did Chris , but if it wasn't  for a bit of Arnold magic we would be complaining about 2 points dropped at home . How many saves did their keeper have to make  ? Not that many  ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
Garth
February 25, 2015, 2:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from GyMariner
I think sometimes you just have to take a step back and realise that we are non league and the football isn't going to be great. The players in this league are all here for a reason so there's no point in looking too deep into things regarding performances/goals etc

Thing is  the apposing defences are of the same quality so it equals things up a little don`t you think
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
ska face
February 25, 2015, 3:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from DocTower

We did Chris , but if it wasn't  for a bit of Arnold magic we would be complaining about 2 points dropped at home . How many saves did their keeper have to make  ? Not that many  ..

I can count 5 saves, good ones at that, straight off the top of my head. Why bother going to a match if you either don't pay attention or can't remember what happened just hours later?

You can't say if Arnold hadn't have scored we would have drawn 0-0, there's no possible way of telling what would have happened to it's flipping ridiculous to dig the team out for something that didn't happen.

The reaction on here and at BP last night makes me embarrassed to be associated with some of the miserable fornicators who sit in the stands.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
Les Brechin
February 25, 2015, 3:13pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ska face

I can count 5 saves, good ones at that, straight off the top of my head. Why bother going to a match if you either don't pay attention or can't remember what happened just hours later?

You can't say if Arnold hadn't have scored we would have drawn 0-0, there's no possible way of telling what would have happened to it's flipping ridiculous to dig the team out for something that didn't happen.

The reaction on here and at BP last night makes me embarrassed to be associated with some of the miserable fornicators who sit in the stands.

There was some bloke sat a couple of rows behind me who didn't stop moaning all game. Mackreth's f**king shite (he obviously didn't go on Saturday), Arnold ain't f**king interested (he was when he put the bloody ball in the net) etc etc, even when we were winning he was still moaning and when the final whistle went all he could say was "that was f**king excrement, not good enough"

Ok, it wasn't the best of games but we got the 3 points and I'll take 11 more 1-0 wins like that for the rest of the season. As you say, it really does make you wonder why some people go.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
Mrs Doyle
February 25, 2015, 3:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I see Arnold kept gesturing to the crowd to make some noise it was a very quite Blundell Park last night.     Especially when you see how much noise we made at Barnet and the home match against Bristol. Strange.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
Abdul19
February 25, 2015, 3:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Maringer
I'm not sure I would call Telford's defence 'stubborn'. They were absolutely wide open no end of times and we really should have improved our goal difference a good bit.

Exactly, if that was 'parking the bus' the driver wants breathalysing!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
chaos33
February 25, 2015, 9:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from DocTower

He made at least 3 very good saves to deny what looked like certain goals.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Seriously

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.