Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 24, 2015, 11:01pm
If we continue to create and then waste as many chances as we did tonight, then we can forget promotion. Lennie was woeful, please Red Cross me as much as you want, but Palmer was fit and we had JP, Hamish and the Goal Machine on the bench!
Posted by: GiveUsAG, February 24, 2015, 11:16pm; Reply: 1
Still got the 3 points.  ;)
Posted by: Garth, February 24, 2015, 11:24pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from MuddyWaters
If we continue to create and then waste as many chances as we did tonight, then we can forget promotion. Lennie was woeful, please Red Cross me as much as you want, but Palmer was fit and we had JP, Hamish and the Goal Machine on the bench!

Palmer was not match fit, JP was slow tonight compared with his Saturday performance, I would have put Hamish on for LJL in the 70th minute
Posted by: Doubled, February 25, 2015, 7:46am; Reply: 3
I havnt seen the goal machine play yet!
Posted by: pizzzza, February 25, 2015, 11:22am; Reply: 4
Quoted from MuddyWaters
If we continue to create and then waste as many chances as we did tonight, then we can forget promotion.

If we continue to score more goals than the opposition as we did last night, then we have every chance of promotion.
Posted by: DocTower, February 25, 2015, 11:30am; Reply: 5
I know last night wasn't  inspiring  again . Think we knew that Telford would park the bus . Telford knew we haven't  the ability to break down stubborn  defences . We know we haven't  the ability , but it's the same tactics  . It's ok saying we won , but at what cost . We should have been rocking after Saturday , tired players , maybe . We have fully fit players champing  at the bit sat on the bench , use them .
Posted by: BIGChris, February 25, 2015, 11:44am; Reply: 6
Quoted from DocTower
I know last night wasn't  inspiring  again . Think we knew that Telford would park the bus . Telford knew we haven't  the ability to break down stubborn  defences . We know we haven't  the ability , but it's the same tactics  . It's ok saying we won , but at what cost . We should have been rocking after Saturday , tired players , maybe . We have fully fit players champing  at the bit sat on the bench , use them .

Surely we DID break down the 'stubborn defence'?

We had a sack full of scoring opportunities and clear ones at that, we just failed to take them.

Against the likes of Southport, Dover & Nuneaton earlier in the season we created very little but we DID have loads of chances last night
Posted by: 935 (Guest), February 25, 2015, 11:45am; Reply: 7
Could the negative atmosphere at blundell park be anything to do with the negative atmosphere on here, i mean really, get a grip. The team wins , gets three points and you're really advocating that we won't get promoted. The fishy never changes!!!

Chelsea, just for example, have a habit of winning one nil against other teams, they still win cups.

If you feel and create negativity like the majority of posts on here do, it should be no surprise what so ever that that transforms itself into a quiet atmosphere. You could blame the players, but many will probably tell you that it's hard to beat the team at the bottom of the league who are there to park the bus and kick you.

Yes we missed a few chances, or a lot whatever, it's not important. The team took 3 points, with 33 to play for.

If you continue to say Lenny s excrement - he s not, Hirst has got it wrong - he hasn't , he sees the players in training, something many of you don't, and makes his selections, then it is no surprise that when you enter the football ground with this attitude the atmosphere is a bit subdued.

The Dalai Lama says, there's two days a year you can do nothing about, yesterday and tomorrow... So concentrate on today, where your team , our team is in the playoffs 6 points of top, with plenty of football to be played.
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, February 25, 2015, 12:05pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 935
our team is in the playoffs 6 points of top, with plenty of football to be played.

8 points off the top (with a game in hand) but yeah I agree with most of your post.  I'm sure Saturday will have more of an atmosphere like the Barnet and Brizzle home games.  Cold Tuesday nights rarely seem to inspire much of an atmosphere at BP.
Posted by: Maringer, February 25, 2015, 12:16pm; Reply: 9
I'm not sure I would call Telford's defence 'stubborn'. They were absolutely wide open no end of times and we really should have improved our goal difference a good bit.
Posted by: mike_d, February 25, 2015, 1:29pm; Reply: 10
To put it into perspective, the current league leaders managed to hammer Telford 1-0 three times this season including twice at home.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 25, 2015, 2:17pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from DocTower

to be fair, if he used his fitter players on the bench, and we didnt win, he would of got slated for changing a winning team
Posted by: GyMariner, February 25, 2015, 2:38pm; Reply: 12
I think sometimes you just have to take a step back and realise that we are non league and the football isn't going to be great. The players in this league are all here for a reason so there's no point in looking too deep into things regarding performances/goals etc
Posted by: DocTower, February 25, 2015, 2:43pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from BIGChris

Surely we DID break down the 'stubborn defence'?

We had a sack full of scoring opportunities and clear ones at that, we just failed to take them.

Against the likes of Southport, Dover & Nuneaton earlier in the season we created very little but we DID have loads of chances last night

We did Chris , but if it wasn't  for a bit of Arnold magic we would be complaining about 2 points dropped at home . How many saves did their keeper have to make  ? Not that many  ..
Posted by: Garth, February 25, 2015, 2:52pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from GyMariner
I think sometimes you just have to take a step back and realise that we are non league and the football isn't going to be great. The players in this league are all here for a reason so there's no point in looking too deep into things regarding performances/goals etc

Thing is  the apposing defences are of the same quality so it equals things up a little don`t you think
Posted by: ska face, February 25, 2015, 3:01pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from DocTower

We did Chris , but if it wasn't  for a bit of Arnold magic we would be complaining about 2 points dropped at home . How many saves did their keeper have to make  ? Not that many  ..

I can count 5 saves, good ones at that, straight off the top of my head. Why bother going to a match if you either don't pay attention or can't remember what happened just hours later?

You can't say if Arnold hadn't have scored we would have drawn 0-0, there's no possible way of telling what would have happened to it's flipping ridiculous to dig the team out for something that didn't happen.

The reaction on here and at BP last night makes me embarrassed to be associated with some of the miserable fornicators who sit in the stands.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 25, 2015, 3:13pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ska face

I can count 5 saves, good ones at that, straight off the top of my head. Why bother going to a match if you either don't pay attention or can't remember what happened just hours later?

You can't say if Arnold hadn't have scored we would have drawn 0-0, there's no possible way of telling what would have happened to it's flipping ridiculous to dig the team out for something that didn't happen.

The reaction on here and at BP last night makes me embarrassed to be associated with some of the miserable fornicators who sit in the stands.

There was some bloke sat a couple of rows behind me who didn't stop moaning all game. Mackreth's f**king shite (he obviously didn't go on Saturday), Arnold ain't f**king interested (he was when he put the bloody ball in the net) etc etc, even when we were winning he was still moaning and when the final whistle went all he could say was "that was f**king excrement, not good enough"

Ok, it wasn't the best of games but we got the 3 points and I'll take 11 more 1-0 wins like that for the rest of the season. As you say, it really does make you wonder why some people go.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 25, 2015, 3:13pm; Reply: 17
I see Arnold kept gesturing to the crowd to make some noise it was a very quite Blundell Park last night.     Especially when you see how much noise we made at Barnet and the home match against Bristol. Strange.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 25, 2015, 3:36pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Maringer
I'm not sure I would call Telford's defence 'stubborn'. They were absolutely wide open no end of times and we really should have improved our goal difference a good bit.

Exactly, if that was 'parking the bus' the driver wants breathalysing!
Posted by: chaos33, February 25, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from DocTower

He made at least 3 very good saves to deny what looked like certain goals.
Posted by: chaos33, February 25, 2015, 9:35pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ska face

Yeah I do agree. Yes we were wasteful, and yes it's a recurring theme and really frustrating because of that, and, I do think Hurt's refusal to substitute LJL is infuriating and counter productive, but it was NOT a poor performance - we carved them open many times and totally controlled a game that we never looked like doing anything other than winning. People saying that Town were 'sh!t' or that it was the 'worst game they've ever seen' just don't understand football and should be shot..
Posted by: friskneymariner, February 25, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 21
Except from the finishing it was an excellent professional performance last night.Arnold goal was sheer brilliance in the way he beat the defender,you could tell by the look in his face he was determined to score.
The only negative being the number of chances we missed.This will cost us dear us this improved.
The problem with LJL he  blast them instead of tacking the time to pick his spot.The one on one with goalie at the Pontoon end was typical of this,instead of just dinking it over the goal he blasted it.

P.H. needs to invest in a good striking coach to help improve his finishing which I think is a psychological issue.
Posted by: TonySmith, February 25, 2015, 10:22pm; Reply: 22
That game could have been 4 or 5 easy and on another day it would have been. I just watched Giroud miss a bunch of chances for Arsenal which cost them dearly. These things happen in games. Look at the overall picture. We were well on top and came out with three points. No need to slag off individual players. All strikers miss some good chances. Move on.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 25, 2015, 10:35pm; Reply: 23
No criticism of the general performance last night, but we have multiple attacking options and don't use them. Why?
Posted by: chaos33, February 26, 2015, 7:13am; Reply: 24
Indeed.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, February 26, 2015, 8:11am; Reply: 25
In the car on the way home ,Jt said on hullberside that town struggled and Arnold scored with the ONLY piece of quality play all night . I text in to ask if he watched the same game as me . Imo town were a class apart from Telford and murdered them one nil. Probably the most one sided one nil're I've ever seen .

UTM
Posted by: Maringer, February 26, 2015, 8:21am; Reply: 26
We struggled after Arnold's goal with some dreadful decision-making throughout the attackers (though note that we still created a few goalscoring opportunities!), but were well, well on top in the first half. Telford couldn't have complained if they have been 3 down at half-time. If Tondeur really did claim we struggled throughout the game, you do wonder what he was watching.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, February 26, 2015, 10:01am; Reply: 27
Quoted from TonySmith
That game could have been 4 or 5 easy and on another day it would have been. I just watched Giroud miss a bunch of chances for Arsenal which cost them dearly. These things happen in games. Look at the overall picture. We were well on top and came out with three points. No need to slag off individual players. All strikers miss some good chances. Move on.

Agreed, although Arsenal lost and we won :-)
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 4:03am