chaos33
February 25, 2015, 9:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from ska face

I can count 5 saves, good ones at that, straight off the top of my head. Why bother going to a match if you either don't pay attention or can't remember what happened just hours later?

You can't say if Arnold hadn't have scored we would have drawn 0-0, there's no possible way of telling what would have happened to it's flipping ridiculous to dig the team out for something that didn't happen.

The reaction on here and at BP last night makes me embarrassed to be associated with some of the miserable fornicators who sit in the stands.

Yeah I do agree. Yes we were wasteful, and yes it's a recurring theme and really frustrating because of that, and, I do think Hurt's refusal to substitute LJL is infuriating and counter productive, but it was NOT a poor performance - we carved them open many times and totally controlled a game that we never looked like doing anything other than winning. People saying that Town were 'sh!t' or that it was the 'worst game they've ever seen' just don't understand football and should be shot..

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
friskneymariner
February 25, 2015, 10:13pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Except from the finishing it was an excellent professional performance last night.Arnold goal was sheer brilliance in the way he beat the defender,you could tell by the look in his face he was determined to score.
The only negative being the number of chances we missed.This will cost us dear us this improved.
The problem with LJL he  blast them instead of tacking the time to pick his spot.The one on one with goalie at the Pontoon end was typical of this,instead of just dinking it over the goal he blasted it.

P.H. needs to invest in a good striking coach to help improve his finishing which I think is a psychological issue.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
TonySmith
February 25, 2015, 10:22pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +964
Gold Stars: 11
That game could have been 4 or 5 easy and on another day it would have been. I just watched Giroud miss a bunch of chances for Arsenal which cost them dearly. These things happen in games. Look at the overall picture. We were well on top and came out with three points. No need to slag off individual players. All strikers miss some good chances. Move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2015, 10:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
No criticism of the general performance last night, but we have multiple attacking options and don't use them. Why?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
chaos33
February 26, 2015, 7:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Indeed.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
highcliff mariner
February 26, 2015, 8:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
In the car on the way home ,Jt said on hullberside that town struggled and Arnold scored with the ONLY piece of quality play all night . I text in to ask if he watched the same game as me . Imo town were a class apart from Telford and murdered them one nil. Probably the most one sided one nil're I've ever seen .

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
Maringer
February 26, 2015, 8:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,411
Gold Stars: 184
We struggled after Arnold's goal with some dreadful decision-making throughout the attackers (though note that we still created a few goalscoring opportunities!), but were well, well on top in the first half. Telford couldn't have complained if they have been 3 down at half-time. If Tondeur really did claim we struggled throughout the game, you do wonder what he was watching.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
LongEatonMariner
February 26, 2015, 10:01am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from TonySmith
That game could have been 4 or 5 easy and on another day it would have been. I just watched Giroud miss a bunch of chances for Arsenal which cost them dearly. These things happen in games. Look at the overall picture. We were well on top and came out with three points. No need to slag off individual players. All strikers miss some good chances. Move on.

Agreed, although Arsenal lost and we won
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Seriously

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.