4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 14, 2015, 7:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Does anyone have any idea where our goals have gone? They were missing then they reappeared the other week when Barnet came but now they've gone again. We even needed the other side to score for us last week. If the manager can't find them this week we can start planning for another year in this crappy league. But where to look.... ?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
promotion plaice
February 14, 2015, 7:58pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
It will cost Hurst his job in a few weeks.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
H19P1
February 14, 2015, 7:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Give Hamish some game time I'd day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
ackomariner
February 14, 2015, 8:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from H19P1

He did more in ten mins than LJL did all game.

Why he keeps persisting with him I'll never know.

Johnnyboy your @rse will be safe from the hotdog mate......nothing to worry about

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
ginnywings
February 14, 2015, 8:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,115
Gold Stars: 548
Does anyone have any idea where our goals have gone? They were missing then they reappeared the other week when Barnet came but now they've gone again. We even needed the other side to score for us last week. If the manager can't find them this week we can start planning for another year in this crappy league. But where to look.... ?

I thought Barnet were very poor defensively and Martin Allen admitted he got his tactics wrong based on our formation against Gateshead, which he witnessed.

We've looked bereft of goals in many games this season and i think Hurst has never got to grips with our attacking play. It's what's needed to take us to the next level and he can't provide it, hence why i think he had taken us as far as he could by the end of last season and should have been replaced. We've finished 4th the last 2 seasons and will be lucky to finish 4th this season the way it's going. To my mind he has made no progress since he took sole charge. He's very competent but lacks that something that winners have.

I would even go as far to say that if their was an outstanding candidate available right now, i'd roll the dice because we are in danger of tailing off to a damp squib. This is the business end of the season and we need to have some impetus. Bristol are timing it to perfection, which given the usual struggles of teams in their first Conference season is no mean feat by their manager.

At what point do you admit that he just hasn't got that little extra that turns good teams into promotion candidates?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
chaos33
February 14, 2015, 8:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from H19P1

You might say that but there's just no chance - Hurst will stick with his favourites however they're playing.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
chaos33
February 14, 2015, 8:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from H19P1

You might say that but there's just no chance - Hurst will stick with his favourites however they're playing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
grimsby pete
February 14, 2015, 8:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Hurst said Hamish has goals in him,

So why not start with him and give him a chance to prove it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
Nelly GTFC
February 14, 2015, 8:47pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from chaos33
I heard someone mumble to themselves, I reckon Arnold must be bumming Hurst or something, because he never gets subbed, only thing that made me laugh all game.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
chaos33
February 14, 2015, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Arnold has done pretty much F@ck all after his little spell much earlier in the season, but he gets in and stays on every week.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › missing ......... goals

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.