grimsby pete
January 22, 2015, 3:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from lobsterpot
If we knew ' anything ' then perhaps we would be more sympathetic? If all we get told is that he is stressed from playing pro football then boo hoo try getting a job down docks!

If you knew anything about stress you would not have posted that mate,

Millionaires , premiership footballers, Actors suffer with depression,

It does not have any boundaries to where it goes,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
grimsby pete
January 22, 2015, 3:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from forza ivano
.Christ, who needs enemies when you've got friends like this!
ffs he's been signed off with stress. people do suffer with stress/depression/anxiety attacks/depression/mental illness believe it or not, and just because he is a professional footballer doesn't make him immune. In fact i think there are certain studies which suggest that sports people may be more susceptible to mental trauma.
leave the bloke alone, he's done us no harm at all and i'm sure many of us will remember him fondly. i hope he's given space and time to recover and comes back a happier more contented person.

Well said mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
gtfc98
January 22, 2015, 3:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from grimsby pete

If you knew anything about stress you would not have posted that mate,

Millionaires , premiership footballers, Actors suffer with depression,

It does not have any boundaries to where it goes,

Well said Pete

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
louth_in_the_south
January 22, 2015, 4:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Slaps on the back all round

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
lobsterpot
January 22, 2015, 4:03pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Serious question then guys n gals. How do you know when you are suffering with stress? Sometimes i think i am ill with it and worry wether it's work or money problems or the kids etc but i crack on and keep it to myself until things sort themselves out so where is the border?

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
psgmariner
January 22, 2015, 4:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from lobsterpot
Serious question then guys n gals. How do you know when you are suffering with stress? Sometimes i think i am ill with it and worry wether it's work or money problems or the kids etc but i crack on and keep it to myself until things sort themselves out so where is the border?

Driving barefoot to Dundee while feasting on Toblerone.

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
Chrisblor
January 22, 2015, 4:34pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from lobsterpot

Give this webpage a read (contains an "Am I Stressed?" section) - http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/tips-for-everyday-living/stress-guide/#.VMEmOqPVRK1

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
Tommy
January 22, 2015, 4:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from psgmariner
Bet Hurst can't wait to sign an ex York full back. He bloody loves that sort of thing!

Jamal Fyfield is already halfway down the A180

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
Tommy
January 22, 2015, 4:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from BIGChris

My understanding is this only applies if he becomes a free agent during the window. If he is still registered with us after deadline day then he is not free to sign for anyone

Mine too.

If we release him during the transfer window, he can sign for another club after the window closes, because he would've been a free agent when the window closed.

If he is released after the window closes he cannot sign/play for another team until the transfer window (permanent window, not loan window) opens again when the season is finished.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
DocTower
January 22, 2015, 4:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from lobsterpot

Serious reply , if you go to the Dr and he signs you off , the last thing an employer wants to see on the sick note is stress . It opens up a can of worms and can lead to serious implications  for the company . I have had dealings with this while at work with the union , difficult decisions  when you know   the person involved was playing a game with the company but you have to represent them and get a good deal for them . Long story but got him a deal , got paid off ,unable to perform  his job or drive . Still grates on me , 4 weeks later he was working as an undertakers assistant driving and carrying coffins .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Text from the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.