January 22, 2015, 1:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Good luck to him where ever he goes,

A loan to the end of the season would be good for us,

Then he can not play against us this season.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
biggles9999
January 22, 2015, 2:10pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Chrisblor
A high quality replacement left back is needed urgently then. Playing Parslow on a regular basis will not get us promoted. Am I convinced Hurst will be able to attract a suitable replacement? Err...

If there is one position on the pitch I am confident that Hurst can find a good replacement it is in the defensive areas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
louth_in_the_south
January 22, 2015, 2:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,687
Gold Stars: 96
The whole saga stinks to me . Sounds like he's engineered a move by acting like a to.sser . Sod off Aswad , if you think your better than gtfc go and prove it .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
lobsterpot
January 22, 2015, 2:19pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Agree with Louth here. If he wants to leave us in the lurch then he can just ram it and please don't turn around!

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
Tommy
January 22, 2015, 2:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I wonder if part of the Club's thinking behind signing him off for a month is that if we do end up releasing him in a month's time (i.e. after January) he won't be able to sign for another club until the summer?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
forza ivano
January 22, 2015, 2:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
.Christ, who needs enemies when you've got friends like this!
ffs he's been signed off with stress. people do suffer with stress/depression/anxiety attacks/depression/mental illness believe it or not, and just because he is a professional footballer doesn't make him immune. In fact i think there are certain studies which suggest that sports people may be more susceptible to mental trauma.
leave the bloke alone, he's done us no harm at all and i'm sure many of us will remember him fondly. i hope he's given space and time to recover and comes back a happier more contented person.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
ginnywings
January 22, 2015, 2:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Tommy
I wonder if part of the Club's thinking behind signing him off for a month is that if we do end up releasing him in a month's time (i.e. after January) he won't be able to sign for another club until the summer?

Would he not be a free agent then and able to sign for whomever he wishes?

Would just like to say that whatever issues he has, hope he gets himself sorted and back on his feet. Very good player at this level when on song.

Good luck Aswad, when you were good, you were very good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
thevera
January 22, 2015, 2:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Tommy

But if we cancel his contract he would be a free agent wouldn't he and able to join who he likes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
mimma
January 22, 2015, 2:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
Agree with Forza, having seen what stress can do to people this is very sad.

I hope that no one in your family louth-in-the-south get it, I would hate to have to rely on you for support to get through it.

Good luck & thanks Aswad, hope you get well soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
davmariner
January 22, 2015, 2:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,924
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from forza ivano
.Christ, who needs enemies when you've got friends like this!
ffs he's been signed off with stress. people do suffer with stress/depression/anxiety attacks/depression/mental illness believe it or not, and just because he is a professional footballer doesn't make him immune. In fact i think there are certain studies which suggest that sports people may be more susceptible to mental trauma.
leave the bloke alone, he's done us no harm at all and i'm sure many of us will remember him fondly. i hope he's given space and time to recover and comes back a happier more contented person.

Well said, some people need a reality check. The lad is a human being after all. We're still in the transfer window and Hurst has known about this issue for longer than any of us. I'm sure he'll bring in a new left back.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Text from the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.