Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 22, 2015, 12:38pm
Aswad Thomas has requested cancellation of his contract, the player was given 7 days of leave to progress a potential move & resolve personal issues.

Further to this the player has been signed off for a further month due to stress.

Anyway bye Aswad if your hearts not in it then better off gone.

Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 22, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 1
Agreed! If his hearts not in it then time to go.

All the best to him and time for us to move on.
Posted by: BIGChris, January 22, 2015, 1:00pm; Reply: 2
'Signed off ' for a month due to stress.

If GTFC cancel his contract I assume we dont have to pay him?

Do we want him to sign for a southern rival and play against us? Presumably we cant stop him if we release him?

Hope he gets himself sorted and back into the game
Posted by: Maringer, January 22, 2015, 1:16pm; Reply: 3
Right, then.

Hurst needs to find a replacement as soon as possible. Magnay can do a good job on the left, but not as good as he can do on the right.

Bignot is decent enough at this level (IMHO) though hardly inspiring, but is obviously not favoured by Hurst. Parslow is not good enough at full-back to be anything other than a stop-gap when we have injuries/suspensions.

The alternative is Walker on the right, but he's not had much game time of late. Wonder if Hurst was trying him out last night specifically to see how he coped on the assumption that Thomas would be gone shortly?

I still feel we would benefit from a left-footer on the left side, capable as Magnay may be.
Posted by: RoboCod, January 22, 2015, 1:27pm; Reply: 4
We need the new Gallimore. Solid and dependable.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 22, 2015, 1:27pm; Reply: 5
That's a shame, hopefully he can get himself sorted, either with us or someone else, I think he is a fine left back at this level and will take some replacing, but he will certainly need to be replaced.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 22, 2015, 1:30pm; Reply: 6
A shame but if he's not right physically and mentally then he'll have to be replaced. Hope to see him back in football, he's too good to be lost to the game.
Posted by: DocTower, January 22, 2015, 1:36pm; Reply: 7
Players come and go , us fans are here for life .  Could have been a fans favourite,  didn't  work out for some reason . Other fish in the sea , will be interesting to see who Aswad  turns out for next season .

Season is turning on it's  head again , but not surprised  , not surprised  at anything any more.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 22, 2015, 1:38pm; Reply: 8
that is a shame as I like aswad a lot, hope in a months time a way back for him may be possible!
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 22, 2015, 1:40pm; Reply: 9
A high quality replacement left back is needed urgently then. Playing Parslow on a regular basis will not get us promoted. Am I convinced Hurst will be able to attract a suitable replacement? Err...
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 22, 2015, 1:45pm; Reply: 10
Good luck to him where ever he goes,

A loan to the end of the season would be good for us,

Then he can not play against us this season.
Posted by: biggles9999, January 22, 2015, 2:10pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Chrisblor
A high quality replacement left back is needed urgently then. Playing Parslow on a regular basis will not get us promoted. Am I convinced Hurst will be able to attract a suitable replacement? Err...

If there is one position on the pitch I am confident that Hurst can find a good replacement it is in the defensive areas.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 22, 2015, 2:17pm; Reply: 12
The whole saga stinks to me . Sounds like he's engineered a move by acting like a to.sser . Sod off Aswad , if you think your better than gtfc go and prove it .
Posted by: lobsterpot, January 22, 2015, 2:19pm; Reply: 13
Agree with Louth here. If he wants to leave us in the lurch then he can just ram it and please don't turn around!
Posted by: Tommy, January 22, 2015, 2:21pm; Reply: 14
I wonder if part of the Club's thinking behind signing him off for a month is that if we do end up releasing him in a month's time (i.e. after January) he won't be able to sign for another club until the summer?
Posted by: forza ivano, January 22, 2015, 2:47pm; Reply: 15
.Christ, who needs enemies when you've got friends like this!
ffs he's been signed off with stress. people do suffer with stress/depression/anxiety attacks/depression/mental illness believe it or not, and just because he is a professional footballer doesn't make him immune. In fact i think there are certain studies which suggest that sports people may be more susceptible to mental trauma.
leave the bloke alone, he's done us no harm at all and i'm sure many of us will remember him fondly. i hope he's given space and time to recover and comes back a happier more contented person.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 22, 2015, 2:51pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Tommy
I wonder if part of the Club's thinking behind signing him off for a month is that if we do end up releasing him in a month's time (i.e. after January) he won't be able to sign for another club until the summer?

Would he not be a free agent then and able to sign for whomever he wishes?

Would just like to say that whatever issues he has, hope he gets himself sorted and back on his feet. Very good player at this level when on song.

Good luck Aswad, when you were good, you were very good.
Posted by: thevera, January 22, 2015, 2:52pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Tommy

But if we cancel his contract he would be a free agent wouldn't he and able to join who he likes.
Posted by: mimma, January 22, 2015, 2:55pm; Reply: 18
Agree with Forza, having seen what stress can do to people this is very sad.

I hope that no one in your family louth-in-the-south get it, I would hate to have to rely on you for support to get through it.

Good luck & thanks Aswad, hope you get well soon.
Posted by: davmariner, January 22, 2015, 2:56pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from forza ivano
ffs he's been signed off with stress. people do suffer with stress/depression/anxiety attacks/depression/mental illness believe it or not, and just because he is a professional footballer doesn't make him immune. In fact i think there are certain studies which suggest that sports people may be more susceptible to mental trauma.
leave the bloke alone, he's done us no harm at all and i'm sure many of us will remember him fondly. i hope he's given space and time to recover and comes back a happier more contented person.

Well said, some people need a reality check. The lad is a human being after all. We're still in the transfer window and Hurst has known about this issue for longer than any of us. I'm sure he'll bring in a new left back.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 22, 2015, 3:01pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from mimma
Agree with Forza, having seen what stress can do to people this is very sad.

I hope that no one in your family louth-in-the-south get it, I would hate to have to rely on you for support to get through it.

Good luck & thanks Aswad, hope you get well soon.

My grandad blew his head off with a shot gun due to stress so fook u mimma I know all about thanks
Posted by: BIGChris, January 22, 2015, 3:08pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from thevera

But if we cancel his contract he would be a free agent wouldn't he and able to join who he likes.

My understanding is this only applies if he becomes a free agent during the window. If he is still registered with us after deadline day then he is not free to sign for anyone
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 22, 2015, 3:15pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from RoboCod
We need the new Gallimore. Solid and dependable.

I will drink to that or I should say, he will drink to that.

Posted by: arryarryarry, January 22, 2015, 3:22pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from forza ivano

Whilst it is very sad that people get to the stage where they suffer from stress and depression, I would just add that just because someone is signed off from work with stress doesn't prove that they are suffering from it.

Doctors seem very easy to sign off people these days, we have several staff off with stress at our place and at least one of them is taking not only the p!ss but the company for a ride and we know this because he has bragged about it to his friends.

So we all need to calm down and see what if anything transpires with all this.
Posted by: thevera, January 22, 2015, 3:28pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from BIGChris

My understanding is this only applies if he becomes a free agent during the window. If he is still registered with us after deadline day then he is not free to sign for anyone

If that's correct then the club cannot really let him go, if he ends up signing for Barnet for instance the club would get slated.
Posted by: GyMariner, January 22, 2015, 3:36pm; Reply: 25
Like I said, I know azzy personally, he's a really decent guy and there's more to life than football. Let's just move on and concentrate on replacements rather than pointing the finger when none of you actually know anything.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 22, 2015, 3:47pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from arryarryarry

Whilst it is very sad that people get to the stage where they suffer from stress and depression, I would just add that just because he is signed off from work with stress doesn't prove that he is suffering from it.

Doctors seem very easy to sign off people these days, we have several staff of with stress at our place and at least one of them is taking not only the p!ss but the company for a ride and we know this because he has bragged about it to his friends.

So we all need to calm down and see what if anything transpires with all this.

whilst some people may be swinging the lead i think it most unlikely this will be the case here, particularly given the various stories which were on here ( before being deleted!!)
Posted by: lobsterpot, January 22, 2015, 3:50pm; Reply: 27
If we knew ' anything ' then perhaps we would be more sympathetic? If all we get told is that he is stressed from playing pro football then boo hoo try getting a job down docks!
Posted by: gtfc98, January 22, 2015, 3:53pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from lobsterpot
If we knew ' anything ' then perhaps we would be more sympathetic? If all we get told is that he is stressed from playing pro football then boo hoo try getting a job down docks!

grow up. You don't need to know, it's none of your business. People get stressed for all sorts of reasons, living away from home for example, illnesses/problems in families.

There's no need for people to go digging to find out what's going on with him, if his head isn't at the right place then the club are right to grant him the leave he needs.
Posted by: psgmariner, January 22, 2015, 3:53pm; Reply: 29
Bet Hurst can't wait to sign an ex York full back. He bloody loves that sort of thing!
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 22, 2015, 3:57pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from lobsterpot

If you knew anything about stress you would not have posted that mate,

Millionaires , premiership footballers, Actors suffer with depression,

It does not have any boundaries to where it goes,

Posted by: grimsby pete, January 22, 2015, 3:57pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from forza ivano

Well said mate.
Posted by: gtfc98, January 22, 2015, 3:59pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from grimsby pete

If you knew anything about stress you would not have posted that mate,

Millionaires , premiership footballers, Actors suffer with depression,

It does not have any boundaries to where it goes,

Well said Pete
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 22, 2015, 4:00pm; Reply: 33
Slaps on the back all round
Posted by: lobsterpot, January 22, 2015, 4:03pm; Reply: 34
Serious question then guys n gals. How do you know when you are suffering with stress? Sometimes i think i am ill with it and worry wether it's work or money problems or the kids etc but i crack on and keep it to myself until things sort themselves out so where is the border?
Posted by: psgmariner, January 22, 2015, 4:10pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from lobsterpot
Serious question then guys n gals. How do you know when you are suffering with stress? Sometimes i think i am ill with it and worry wether it's work or money problems or the kids etc but i crack on and keep it to myself until things sort themselves out so where is the border?

Driving barefoot to Dundee while feasting on Toblerone.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 22, 2015, 4:34pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from lobsterpot

Give this webpage a read (contains an "Am I Stressed?" section) - http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/tips-for-everyday-living/stress-guide/#.VMEmOqPVRK1
Posted by: Tommy, January 22, 2015, 4:37pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from psgmariner
Bet Hurst can't wait to sign an ex York full back. He bloody loves that sort of thing!

Jamal Fyfield is already halfway down the A180
Posted by: Tommy, January 22, 2015, 4:41pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from BIGChris

Mine too.

If we release him during the transfer window, he can sign for another club after the window closes, because he would've been a free agent when the window closed.

If he is released after the window closes he cannot sign/play for another team until the transfer window (permanent window, not loan window) opens again when the season is finished.
Posted by: DocTower, January 22, 2015, 4:43pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from lobsterpot

Serious reply , if you go to the Dr and he signs you off , the last thing an employer wants to see on the sick note is stress . It opens up a can of worms and can lead to serious implications  for the company . I have had dealings with this while at work with the union , difficult decisions  when you know   the person involved was playing a game with the company but you have to represent them and get a good deal for them . Long story but got him a deal , got paid off ,unable to perform  his job or drive . Still grates on me , 4 weeks later he was working as an undertakers assistant driving and carrying coffins .
Posted by: barralad, January 22, 2015, 4:46pm; Reply: 40
I wouldn't be surprised if football was actually a long way from Aswad's thoughts at the moment.

Get well soon lad-you'll be missed...
Posted by: Maringer, January 22, 2015, 4:51pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from barralad
I wouldn't be surprised if football was actually a long way from Aswad's thoughts at the moment.

Get well soon lad-you'll be missed...

...unless we sign somebody better.

That's the fickle world of the football fan for you.  ;)

Posted by: friskneymariner, January 22, 2015, 4:53pm; Reply: 42
Whatever Aswad may or may or may not have done,remember he is a relatively young lad who as a professional footballer has a tremendous amount of pressure on him,taken that he is living miles away from his family support networks cut him a  bit of slack.
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 22, 2015, 5:14pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Tommy

Lmao
Posted by: acko338, January 22, 2015, 5:22pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Tommy

Heading west, hopefully - very disappointed as he came in looking great on the back of his goal for York at Blundell Park, and flattered to deceive at times - thought he would be a much more dominant forceful defender and just didn't gel in the side.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 22, 2015, 5:32pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from psgmariner

Driving barefoot to Dundee while feasting on Toblerone.

A-ha !!
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 22, 2015, 5:33pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Tommy

Lmao
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 3:36pm