louth_in_the_south
January 22, 2015, 3:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,687
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from mimma
Agree with Forza, having seen what stress can do to people this is very sad.

I hope that no one in your family louth-in-the-south get it, I would hate to have to rely on you for support to get through it.

Good luck & thanks Aswad, hope you get well soon.

My grandad blew his head off with a shot gun due to stress so fook u mimma I know all about thanks

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
BIGChris
January 22, 2015, 3:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from thevera

But if we cancel his contract he would be a free agent wouldn't he and able to join who he likes.

My understanding is this only applies if he becomes a free agent during the window. If he is still registered with us after deadline day then he is not free to sign for anyone
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
arryarryarry
January 22, 2015, 3:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from RoboCod
We need the new Gallimore. Solid and dependable.

I will drink to that or I should say, he will drink to that.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
arryarryarry
January 22, 2015, 3:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from forza ivano
.Christ, who needs enemies when you've got friends like this!
ffs he's been signed off with stress. people do suffer with stress/depression/anxiety attacks/depression/mental illness believe it or not, and just because he is a professional footballer doesn't make him immune. In fact i think there are certain studies which suggest that sports people may be more susceptible to mental trauma.
leave the bloke alone, he's done us no harm at all and i'm sure many of us will remember him fondly. i hope he's given space and time to recover and comes back a happier more contented person.

Whilst it is very sad that people get to the stage where they suffer from stress and depression, I would just add that just because someone is signed off from work with stress doesn't prove that they are suffering from it.

Doctors seem very easy to sign off people these days, we have several staff off with stress at our place and at least one of them is taking not only the p!ss but the company for a ride and we know this because he has bragged about it to his friends.

So we all need to calm down and see what if anything transpires with all this.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
thevera
January 22, 2015, 3:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from BIGChris

My understanding is this only applies if he becomes a free agent during the window. If he is still registered with us after deadline day then he is not free to sign for anyone

If that's correct then the club cannot really let him go, if he ends up signing for Barnet for instance the club would get slated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
GyMariner
January 22, 2015, 3:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Like I said, I know azzy personally, he's a really decent guy and there's more to life than football. Let's just move on and concentrate on replacements rather than pointing the finger when none of you actually know anything.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
forza ivano
January 22, 2015, 3:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from arryarryarry

Whilst it is very sad that people get to the stage where they suffer from stress and depression, I would just add that just because he is signed off from work with stress doesn't prove that he is suffering from it.

Doctors seem very easy to sign off people these days, we have several staff of with stress at our place and at least one of them is taking not only the p!ss but the company for a ride and we know this because he has bragged about it to his friends.

So we all need to calm down and see what if anything transpires with all this.

whilst some people may be swinging the lead i think it most unlikely this will be the case here, particularly given the various stories which were on here ( before being deleted!!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
lobsterpot
January 22, 2015, 3:50pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
If we knew ' anything ' then perhaps we would be more sympathetic? If all we get told is that he is stressed from playing pro football then boo hoo try getting a job down docks!

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
gtfc98
January 22, 2015, 3:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from lobsterpot
If we knew ' anything ' then perhaps we would be more sympathetic? If all we get told is that he is stressed from playing pro football then boo hoo try getting a job down docks!

grow up. You don't need to know, it's none of your business. People get stressed for all sorts of reasons, living away from home for example, illnesses/problems in families.

There's no need for people to go digging to find out what's going on with him, if his head isn't at the right place then the club are right to grant him the leave he needs.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
psgmariner
January 22, 2015, 3:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Bet Hurst can't wait to sign an ex York full back. He bloody loves that sort of thing!

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Text from the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.