Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst man management.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 238 Guests

Paul Hurst man management.

This thread currently has 4,995 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
cmackenzie4
December 31, 2014, 10:16am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
A win tomorrow and all will be forgotten!  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
Mariner Ronnie
December 31, 2014, 10:40am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ackomariner

Don't click on the link then.....simple

How do we read the post if we don't click on the link?!!!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
Garth
December 31, 2014, 10:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Lose and???????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
cleethorpes_mariner
December 31, 2014, 11:03am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Garth

Lose and???????

If we lose the fishy will implode and there will be hundreds of Hurst out posts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
LongEatonMariner
December 31, 2014, 9:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Wishful thinking there, but I doubt it will be forgotten, merely put to one side until the next time we draw with lower opposition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
arryarryarry
January 1, 2015, 1:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from barralad

It is the same handful of posters repeating the same thing ad nauseum on different threads. I have no problem with people expressing their views-just as long as my view that the criticisms since Sunday have been completely disproportionate to the events which took place is given the same respect. With a few notable exceptions all I've read is rehashed criticism about defensive play (none of which is backed up by the facts regarding team selection and the way we approached the game including corners in double figures and I think I read 18 attempts on target) and Paul Hurst's man-management skills (like anyone on here-including me- has a clue what goes on in the dressing room/on the training pitch),often from people who clearly were nowhere near B.P. on Sunday afternoon. No-one has seen fit to answer my criticism that there has been so much fuss because we were beaten by Lincoln-a defeat that some appear to believe is unthinkable. I can assure you it isn't just the Hurst critics who get frustrated.  

So you have a moan at the moaners but then expect your views to be given some respect.

As regards rehashed criticism there is plenty of rehashed support of Paul Hurst and the way the team is performing.

Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
arryarryarry
January 1, 2015, 1:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Maringer

No. If I'm doing shite at my job, it's my responsibility, not that of my manager (if I had one!  )

As for the selections, I'd imagine you're talking about Brown and to some degree Neilson not being picked. Well, I didn't go to Macclesfield, but I do know that I've not seen Brown put in anything like a good performance for months. He is also pretty useless aerially so I can see why Clay was selected instead against a big and physical team.

The simple fact is that on Saturday, the players were the ones who fluffed their lines. Hurst not entirely blameless as I'd have thrown caution to the wind and brought on another attacker for the last 15 minutes or so, but then we might just as easily have conceded another one or two. The injuries meant that we didn't really have too many options for other changes.

While everyone should take responsibility for the job they do, if they have a shite manager Like I recently had that really made you feel like telling him to shove the job then that can also have an effect on your performance.

Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 1, 2015, 8:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from arryarryarry

While everyone should take responsibility for the job they do, if they have a shite manager Like I recently had that really made you feel like telling him to shove the job then that can also have an effect on your performance.

Doubtful that any player is not trying to do the best they can and as you say, a manager does have an effect on performance. The manager picks the team, sets out the basic pattern of play and motivates the players. If he is not on top of his own game it affects the performance of the whole team. Very rare that a side is successful in spite of the manager.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
nickmariners
January 1, 2015, 9:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +519
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from arryarryarry

...and yet, when asked, apparently several players cite the "support" they receive at BP as a key factor in sub-par performances (compared to fantastic upbeat away support).

#rehash tag: UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
barralad
January 1, 2015, 10:55am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from arryarryarry

So you have a moan at the moaners but then expect your views to be given some respect.

As regards rehashed criticism there is plenty of rehashed support of Paul Hurst and the way the team is performing.

Gutted Harry! I started to read hoping that you might try to answer some of the points I made...Oh well there's always next year..

Incidentally the words "I have no problem with" give you a bit of a clue to what I actually said...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst man management.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.