Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst man management.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 264 Guests

Paul Hurst man management.

This thread currently has 4,985 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ackomariner
December 30, 2014, 6:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from BIGChris

so it is the managers fault if any player who has a dip in form??

Might just be that their being asked to play a way that's alien to them, and that is down to the manager

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
December 30, 2014, 6:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from ackomariner

Might just be that their being asked to play a way that's alien to them, and that is down to the manager

I think you may have a point. I can't think of too many players that start poorly and improve drastically, only the exact opposite. I know they all have jobs to do but they don't look to me like there is any joy in their work. Something isn't right, we'd be irresponsible as fans to bury our heads in the sand and pretend everything will be okay as some on this board seem to think we should be doing.
Reply: 21 - 49
BIGChris
December 30, 2014, 6:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ackomariner

MIGHT just be that their being asked to play a way that's alien to them, and that is down to the manager

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
ackomariner
December 30, 2014, 6:59pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 75

I think you may have a point. I can't think of too many players that start poorly and improve drastically, only the exact opposite. I know they all have jobs to do but they don't look to me like there is any joy in their work. Something isn't right, we'd be irresponsible as fans to bury our heads in the sand and pretend everything will be okay as some on this board seem to think we should be doing.

Exactly my point, after the first five games I said that he was our best signing for the last ten years, and new footballer( Dave boylen) totally agreed with me, he couldn't praise him enough.

So where's it all going wrong? It's because it's being coached out of them....think defensive 1st 2nd and 3rd
Play to their strengths and with pace

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
Hagrid
December 30, 2014, 7:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,374
Gold Stars: 532
Another over the top thread on the same topic as the previous 10. Sick of reading this drivel since 5 o clock on saturday. Jesus christ we lost a game of football at home, we played excrement. You've had your say now lets move on!! Its getting boring
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 30, 2014, 8:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Hagrid
Another over the top thread on the same topic as the previous 10. Sick of reading this drivel since 5 o clock on saturday. Jesus christ we lost a game of football at home, we played excrement. You've had your say now lets move on!! Its getting boring

Yes. Best we should leave further comment until after the Macc game? Or the Lincoln game? Or the Barnet game? When exactly are people allowed to express their views? Tell you what. Let's not say anything nasty until the end of the season eh? To paraphrase Noel Coward, let's not be beastly to the manager.

It may be boring to some but the frustrations and the number of posters/posts on different aspects of the same subject tells its own story.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
Maringer
December 30, 2014, 8:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,469
Gold Stars: 185
The idea that an experienced senior professional should be in poor form entirely because of the coaching received over the past 4 months or so is just comical. Lots of the players have been out for brief periods with injuries and haven't come back in anything like decent form so, either they aren't properly fit, or need to buck their ideas up. Either way, it is the responsibility of the players to perform and it just isn't reasonable to blame every bad result on the manager.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 30, 2014, 8:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Maringer
The idea that an experienced senior professional should be in poor form entirely because of the coaching received over the past 4 months or so is just comical. Lots of the players have been out for brief periods with injuries and haven't come back in anything like decent form so, either they aren't properly fit, or need to buck their ideas up. Either way, it is the responsibility of the players to perform and it just isn't reasonable to blame every bad result on the manager.

I did promise myself not to comment on any more of these manager threads but I do think you slightly missed the point on that one Maringer. Not just one player but several players all losing form at the same time? Players with match winning potential sidelined? That smacks of more than just a responsibility on the players to perform don't you think?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
AlanPoutonsTackle
December 30, 2014, 8:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
Paul Hurst is not a bad manager, he hasn't done horrifically on a good budget he does Ok, as did a lot of previous Luton managers before Still. He just isn't the man to take us further. Who is? I don't know but it will take a John Still or a Justin Edinburgh and PH albeit not inept or a poor manager isn't in their league, and that's just an obvious fact I think..

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
Maringer
December 30, 2014, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,469
Gold Stars: 185

I did promise myself not to comment on any more of these manager threads but I do think you slightly missed the point on that one Maringer. Not just one player but several players all losing form at the same time? Players with match winning potential sidelined? That smacks of more than just a responsibility on the players to perform don't you think?

No. If I'm doing shite at my job, it's my responsibility, not that of my manager (if I had one!  )

As for the selections, I'd imagine you're talking about Brown and to some degree Neilson not being picked. Well, I didn't go to Macclesfield, but I do know that I've not seen Brown put in anything like a good performance for months. He is also pretty useless aerially so I can see why Clay was selected instead against a big and physical team.

The simple fact is that on Saturday, the players were the ones who fluffed their lines. Hurst not entirely blameless as I'd have thrown caution to the wind and brought on another attacker for the last 15 minutes or so, but then we might just as easily have conceded another one or two. The injuries meant that we didn't really have too many options for other changes.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst man management.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.