Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fiveallive, December 30, 2014, 5:06pm
Who else thinks PH has a very poor man management he over uses players and under users other players and doing so he makes the players he users over tired and players he doesn't low confidence Hannah is the new Cook, Paddy is in the same position Frankie Artus was Winfarrah, Humble and Walker are the new Southwell, Nicky Walker is like Rhys Oates or Dougie Wilson.

He never has a plan B he should have bought Hannah on against Lincoln city but he never, he's so weak as a manager he was playing 4-5-1 to there was complaints from the fans he changed it to 4-4-2 that's one thing manager shouldn't do is bow down to pressure from fans he should have the mentality as i pick the team and formation but he doesn't.

He has a lack of urgency on the touch line and is tactically inept in my opinion and this isn't a jibe about losing to Lincoln City its just a general opinion i have about him.    
Posted by: oldun, December 30, 2014, 5:11pm; Reply: 1
Give it a rest
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 30, 2014, 5:12pm; Reply: 2
I agree give it a god damn rest man!
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 30, 2014, 5:14pm; Reply: 3
Ask John Still for a definitive answer about how he managed it with Luton last year and then ask him if luck had anything to do with it.
You are welcome to post your opinion but to call the man inept is ridiculous. If he were inept then being 4th in the table would be purely down to luck.
If it were purely down to luck how come he has been either totally or partly responsible for us ending up their the last 3 years?
Seriously, what is the point in these posts?
I joined the fishy because I thought there would be proper discussion about Town....but the dominant posters seem to be doom merchants when we are fourth....again.....I know it isnt perfect.....and I know PH isnt the best manager in the world and I know I squad isn't but really, jeezus h ferkin krist....inept? Inept "having or showing no skill"....seriously? Maybe he wont get us out of this pit, maybe he will, maybe there will be a certain amount of luck involved (as I am sure John Still would agree Luton had) but can we stop this shyte?
I'm curious to know what your job is and how justified you think any random dyck head would be in observing you and saying you are inept.
Happy New ferkin Year
Posted by: davmariner, December 30, 2014, 5:19pm; Reply: 4
Thought it was interesting what Scott Brown tweeted about being dropped.

"@CraigCowling92: @scottbrown85 any reason why you wasn't playing today!?"

"@scottbrown85: @CraigCowling92 I don't know mate"

And then subsequently retweeted several tweets by fans lamenting that he wasn't selected.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 30, 2014, 5:23pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from BeijingMariner
Ask John Still for a definitive answer about how he managed it with Luton last year and then ask him if luck had anything to do with it.
You are welcome to post your opinion but to call the man inept is ridiculous. If he were inept then being 4th in the table would be purely down to luck.
If it were purely down to luck how come he has been either totally or partly responsible for us ending up their the last 3 years?
Seriously, what is the point in these posts?
I joined the fishy because I thought there would be proper discussion about Town....but the dominant posters seem to be doom merchants when we are fourth....again.....I know it isnt perfect.....and I know PH isnt the best manager in the world and I know I squad isn't but really, jeezus h ferkin krist....inept? Inept "having or showing no skill"....seriously? Maybe he wont get us out of this pit, maybe he will, maybe there will be a certain amount of luck involved (as I am sure John Still would agree Luton had) but can we stop this shyte?
I'm curious to know what your job is and how justified you think any random dyck head would be in observing you and saying you are inept.
Happy New ferkin Year

I think this Hurst in or out has gone over the top now,

Lets see where we are at the end of the season,

You never know we might get promoted,

If not , then that is the time to look for somebody better,

Either Hurst will need to bring in a few new faces for L2,

OR

Someone else will need to bring in his own men for another shot of the conference title

Happy New Year to ALL Fishy people.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 30, 2014, 5:27pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from davmariner

And then subsequently retweeted several tweets by fans lamenting that he wasn't selected.

It might have been because he has failed to perform at a level he is capable of in the last few months? Maybe, just maybe he will come back with regained focus??
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 30, 2014, 5:30pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from davmariner

I wouldn't read too much into it, he won't tell any Tom, male private or Harry anyway, why he's not playing.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 30, 2014, 5:34pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

I wouldn't read too much into it, he won't tell any Tom, male private or Harry anyway, why he's not playing.

He would not tell Richard either. ;D
Posted by: Calamarikid, December 30, 2014, 5:42pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from BIGChris

It might have been because he has failed to perform at a level he is capable of in the last few months? Maybe, just maybe he will come back with regained focus??

He ran Toto close for m.o.m against Macc away or were you not at that one?Macc midfield never got a sniff and that was mainly down to his endeavours....but dont let that get in the way of your perceptions of what he is about as a footballer.

Posted by: ackomariner, December 30, 2014, 6:01pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Calamarikid

He ran Toto close for m.o.m against Macc away or were you not at that one?Macc midfield never got a sniff and that was mainly down to his endeavours....but dont let that get in the way of your perceptions of what he is about as a footballer.

Whs........brown was great at Mac and was very surprised he was dropped for clay, but then again, clay is more defence minded, so there's your answer
Posted by: ackomariner, December 30, 2014, 6:02pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from oldun
Give it a rest

Don't click on the link then....simple
Posted by: ackomariner, December 30, 2014, 6:03pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
I agree give it a god damn rest man!

Don't click on the link then.....simple
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 30, 2014, 6:11pm; Reply: 13
Anyone would think we'd collapsed down to 15th in the table reading this forum the last few days.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 30, 2014, 6:13pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from BIGChris

He is unrecognisable from the player that started the season. You expect players to have a dip occasionally but look at Scott Brown, Aswad Thomas and Nathan Arnold - key players you would argue but they have lost so much form you wouldn't think they were the same players. Agree Scott Brown should look at himself, as should the other lads.
Posted by: Neilo83, December 30, 2014, 6:14pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Anyone would think we'd collapsed down to 15th in the table reading this forum the last few days.

What we could do with the 4 in ur photo right now!
Posted by: ackomariner, December 30, 2014, 6:15pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from AdamHaddock

No it's maybe because people know we've no chance of automatic promotion again after five years

And never will get promotion with this bloke in charge IMO..maybe not yours
Posted by: BIGChris, December 30, 2014, 6:26pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Calamarikid

I was certainly there and stand by my comments that Scott Brown has fallen a long way from the standards he set earlier in the season.

In addition I would say Clay is not a more defensive player than Brown
Posted by: ackomariner, December 30, 2014, 6:29pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from BIGChris

I was certainly there and stand by my comments that Scott Brown has fallen a long way from the standards he set earlier in the season.

In addition I would say Clay is not a more defensive player than Brown

What I said in another thread yesterday. Ph bought forward thinking players this year.....and has now coached it out of them.

You've just answered my thoughts first hand
Posted by: BIGChris, December 30, 2014, 6:36pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from ackomariner

What I said in another thread yesterday. Ph bought forward thinking players this year.....and has now coached it out of them.

You've just answered my thoughts first hand

so it is the managers fault if any player who has a dip in form??
Posted by: ackomariner, December 30, 2014, 6:41pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from BIGChris

so it is the managers fault if any player who has a dip in form??

Might just be that their being asked to play a way that's alien to them, and that is down to the manager
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 30, 2014, 6:48pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ackomariner

Might just be that their being asked to play a way that's alien to them, and that is down to the manager

I think you may have a point. I can't think of too many players that start poorly and improve drastically, only the exact opposite. I know they all have jobs to do but they don't look to me like there is any joy in their work. Something isn't right, we'd be irresponsible as fans to bury our heads in the sand and pretend everything will be okay as some on this board seem to think we should be doing.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 30, 2014, 6:55pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from ackomariner

MIGHT just be that their being asked to play a way that's alien to them, and that is down to the manager

Posted by: ackomariner, December 30, 2014, 6:59pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from 75

I think you may have a point. I can't think of too many players that start poorly and improve drastically, only the exact opposite. I know they all have jobs to do but they don't look to me like there is any joy in their work. Something isn't right, we'd be irresponsible as fans to bury our heads in the sand and pretend everything will be okay as some on this board seem to think we should be doing.

Exactly my point, after the first five games I said that he was our best signing for the last ten years, and new footballer( Dave boylen) totally agreed with me, he couldn't praise him enough.

So where's it all going wrong? It's because it's being coached out of them....think defensive 1st 2nd and 3rd
Play to their strengths and with pace
Posted by: Hagrid, December 30, 2014, 7:27pm; Reply: 24
Another over the top thread on the same topic as the previous 10. Sick of reading this drivel since 5 o clock on saturday. Jesus christ we lost a game of football at home, we played excrement. You've had your say now lets move on!! Its getting boring
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 30, 2014, 8:05pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Hagrid
Another over the top thread on the same topic as the previous 10. Sick of reading this drivel since 5 o clock on saturday. Jesus christ we lost a game of football at home, we played excrement. You've had your say now lets move on!! Its getting boring

Yes. Best we should leave further comment until after the Macc game? Or the Lincoln game? Or the Barnet game? When exactly are people allowed to express their views? Tell you what. Let's not say anything nasty until the end of the season eh? To paraphrase Noel Coward, let's not be beastly to the manager. ;)

It may be boring to some but the frustrations and the number of posters/posts on different aspects of the same subject tells its own story.

Posted by: Maringer, December 30, 2014, 8:18pm; Reply: 26
The idea that an experienced senior professional should be in poor form entirely because of the coaching received over the past 4 months or so is just comical. Lots of the players have been out for brief periods with injuries and haven't come back in anything like decent form so, either they aren't properly fit, or need to buck their ideas up. Either way, it is the responsibility of the players to perform and it just isn't reasonable to blame every bad result on the manager.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 30, 2014, 8:32pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Maringer
The idea that an experienced senior professional should be in poor form entirely because of the coaching received over the past 4 months or so is just comical. Lots of the players have been out for brief periods with injuries and haven't come back in anything like decent form so, either they aren't properly fit, or need to buck their ideas up. Either way, it is the responsibility of the players to perform and it just isn't reasonable to blame every bad result on the manager.

I did promise myself not to comment on any more of these manager threads but I do think you slightly missed the point on that one Maringer. Not just one player but several players all losing form at the same time? Players with match winning potential sidelined? That smacks of more than just a responsibility on the players to perform don't you think?
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, December 30, 2014, 8:35pm; Reply: 28
Paul Hurst is not a bad manager, he hasn't done horrifically on a good budget he does Ok, as did a lot of previous Luton managers before Still. He just isn't the man to take us further. Who is? I don't know but it will take a John Still or a Justin Edinburgh and PH albeit not inept or a poor manager isn't in their league, and that's just an obvious fact I think..
Posted by: Maringer, December 30, 2014, 9:17pm; Reply: 29

I did promise myself not to comment on any more of these manager threads but I do think you slightly missed the point on that one Maringer. Not just one player but several players all losing form at the same time? Players with match winning potential sidelined? That smacks of more than just a responsibility on the players to perform don't you think?

No. If I'm doing shite at my job, it's my responsibility, not that of my manager (if I had one!  :P)

As for the selections, I'd imagine you're talking about Brown and to some degree Neilson not being picked. Well, I didn't go to Macclesfield, but I do know that I've not seen Brown put in anything like a good performance for months. He is also pretty useless aerially so I can see why Clay was selected instead against a big and physical team.

The simple fact is that on Saturday, the players were the ones who fluffed their lines. Hurst not entirely blameless as I'd have thrown caution to the wind and brought on another attacker for the last 15 minutes or so, but then we might just as easily have conceded another one or two. The injuries meant that we didn't really have too many options for other changes.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 30, 2014, 9:31pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Maringer
The simple fact is that on Saturday, the players were the ones who fluffed their lines. Hurst not entirely blameless as I'd have thrown caution to the wind and brought on another attacker for the last 15 minutes or so, but then we might just as easily have conceded another one or two. The injuries meant that we didn't really have too many options for other changes.

We have Hamish Watson who Hurst has signed, we have Nicky Walker who Hurst has signed. Yet neither have featured, aside from 3 minutes for Watson! If they aren't good enough then I can understand why they aren't playing, but I question the managers judgement in signing them in the first place.

Posted by: Tom13, December 30, 2014, 10:22pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from 75

Shaun Pearson springs to mind, and Clayton McDonald, Alex Rodman, Andy Cook, LJL and Toto started quite poorly as well but have grown/grew as players off the top of my head.
Posted by: BIGChris, December 30, 2014, 10:22pm; Reply: 32
Just my opinion but any professional shouldn't need motivating.

Motivation to perform at your best comes from within, a personal pride. Some people have it, some people are content to go through the motions. Not just in football but most walks of life

I would think that every pro footballer has that motivation otherwise they would have remained in the local leagues. We have all seen or played with players who were incredibly skilful, blessed with ability but never quite made it. Motivation and absolute desire was probably missing in those cases
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 30, 2014, 10:42pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Tom13

Shaun Pearson springs to mind, and Clayton McDonald, Alex Rodman, Andy Cook, LJL and Toto started quite poorly as well but have grown/grew as players off the top of my head.

I don't know Shaun but I get the impression he is self motivated to give everything all of the time. Clayton Macdonald, something went on there and the manager either couldn't sort it and re-intergrate him or chose not to, Rodman did improve, Cooky definitely went downhil badly, LJL has always had the effort, Toto has definitely improved after a shaky start although he always has a howler in him, tends to switch off IMO. Very much a mixed bag then.
Posted by: Maringer, December 30, 2014, 11:36pm; Reply: 34
Macdonald has just been released by Southport as well. Not sure if that is anything to do with the furore around his partner in crime (if you excuse the pun). It will be interesting to see if he finds himself another club.
Posted by: barralad, December 30, 2014, 11:53pm; Reply: 35

Yes. Best we should leave further comment until after the Macc game? Or the Lincoln game? Or the Barnet game? When exactly are people allowed to express their views? Tell you what. Let's not say anything nasty until the end of the season eh? To paraphrase Noel Coward, let's not be beastly to the manager. ;)

It may be boring to some but the frustrations and the number of posters/posts on different aspects of the same subject tells its own story.

It is the same handful of posters repeating the same thing ad nauseum on different threads. I have no problem with people expressing their views-just as long as my view that the criticisms since Sunday have been completely disproportionate to the events which took place is given the same respect. With a few notable exceptions all I've read is rehashed criticism about defensive play (none of which is backed up by the facts regarding team selection and the way we approached the game including corners in double figures and I think I read 18 attempts on target) and Paul Hurst's man-management skills (like anyone on here-including me- has a clue what goes on in the dressing room/on the training pitch),often from people who clearly were nowhere near B.P. on Sunday afternoon. No-one has seen fit to answer my criticism that there has been so much fuss because we were beaten by Lincoln-a defeat that some appear to believe is unthinkable. I can assure you it isn't just the Hurst critics who get frustrated.  
Posted by: nickmariners, December 31, 2014, 6:37am; Reply: 36
Quoted from barralad

It is the same handful of posters repeating the same thing ad nauseum on different threads. I have no problem with people expressing their views-just as long as my view that the criticisms since Sunday have been completely disproportionate to the events which took place is given the same respect. With a few notable exceptions all I've read is rehashed criticism about defensive play (none of which is backed up by the facts regarding team selection and the way we approached the game including corners in double figures and I think I read 18 attempts on target) and Paul Hurst's man-management skills (like anyone on here-including me- has a clue what goes on in the dressing room/on the training pitch),often from people who clearly were nowhere near B.P. on Sunday afternoon. No-one has seen fit to answer my criticism that there has been so much fuss because we were beaten by Lincoln-a defeat that some appear to believe is unthinkable. I can assure you it isn't just the Hurst critics who get frustrated.  

Agree.

It's football for God's sake -- you lose some matches. Go and support Chelski if you really believe your team should win every match.

Lincoln had some good luck on Sunday (their first goal was brilliant, as well as painful to watch); and we had several great efforts well saved.

We all hate losing, and being in Div 5 but a balanced view in the context of where we are NOW is surely that this team, this squad and this manager are good. Sundays match was entertaining too - there I said it. That's not "head in sand", that's reality as I see it.
Posted by: oldun, December 31, 2014, 9:33am; Reply: 37
Quoted from ackomariner

Don't click on the link then....simple

It is the only way I could post my comment

Posted by: Rick12, December 31, 2014, 10:02am; Reply: 38
Quoted from BIGChris
Just my opinion but any professional shouldn't need motivating.

Motivation to perform at your best comes from within, a personal pride. Some people have it, some people are content to go through the motions. Not just in football but most walks of life

I would think that every pro footballer has that motivation otherwise they would have remained in the local leagues. We have all seen or played with players who were incredibly skilful, blessed with ability but never quite made it. Motivation and absolute desire was probably missing in those cases
Agree Chris but I still think even in the professional ranks and even semi pro ranks some are more professional than others.Its a case of how much you want it and how prepared you are to go to be the best you can be.Take Christiano Ronaldo and others at Real Madrid.Reading up about them most never drink to excess and many look after after themselves of the pitch.Even in the semi pro ranks I knew a lad who use to play for Harrow and Wealdstone and he always use to be on the drink whereas he told there was one guy there who was a dedicated semi pro and never drunk to excess (something I admired).

Posted by: Fcukthescunts, December 31, 2014, 10:03am; Reply: 39
We lost a game, very disappointing we all agree but do we need thread after thread about Hurst.
If you had 4/5th highest budget in a league and you were in top 5 at New year would you change Manager if you were on a board of a football club? Nearly all would say no.
Do I think we need to improve performances at home? Yes

I am pis sed off I replied to the thread- yes!!!!!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 31, 2014, 10:16am; Reply: 40
A win tomorrow and all will be forgotten!  8)
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 31, 2014, 10:40am; Reply: 41
Quoted from ackomariner

Don't click on the link then.....simple

How do we read the post if we don't click on the link?!!!
Posted by: Garth, December 31, 2014, 10:41am; Reply: 42
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Lose and??????? ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, December 31, 2014, 11:03am; Reply: 43
Quoted from Garth

Lose and??????? ;D ;D ;D

If we lose the fishy will implode and there will be hundreds of Hurst out posts
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, December 31, 2014, 9:00pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Wishful thinking there, but I doubt it will be forgotten, merely put to one side until the next time we draw with lower opposition.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 1, 2015, 1:34am; Reply: 45
Quoted from barralad

So you have a moan at the moaners but then expect your views to be given some respect.

As regards rehashed criticism there is plenty of rehashed support of Paul Hurst and the way the team is performing.

Posted by: arryarryarry, January 1, 2015, 1:37am; Reply: 46
Quoted from Maringer

No. If I'm doing shite at my job, it's my responsibility, not that of my manager (if I had one!  :P)

As for the selections, I'd imagine you're talking about Brown and to some degree Neilson not being picked. Well, I didn't go to Macclesfield, but I do know that I've not seen Brown put in anything like a good performance for months. He is also pretty useless aerially so I can see why Clay was selected instead against a big and physical team.

While everyone should take responsibility for the job they do, if they have a shite manager Like I recently had that really made you feel like telling him to shove the job then that can also have an effect on your performance.

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 1, 2015, 8:19am; Reply: 47
Quoted from arryarryarry

While everyone should take responsibility for the job they do, if they have a shite manager Like I recently had that really made you feel like telling him to shove the job then that can also have an effect on your performance.

Doubtful that any player is not trying to do the best they can and as you say, a manager does have an effect on performance. The manager picks the team, sets out the basic pattern of play and motivates the players. If he is not on top of his own game it affects the performance of the whole team. Very rare that a side is successful in spite of the manager.

Posted by: nickmariners, January 1, 2015, 9:23am; Reply: 48
Quoted from arryarryarry

...and yet, when asked, apparently several players cite the "support" they receive at BP as a key factor in sub-par performances (compared to fantastic upbeat away support).

#rehash tag: UTM

Posted by: barralad, January 1, 2015, 10:55am; Reply: 49
Quoted from arryarryarry

So you have a moan at the moaners but then expect your views to be given some respect.

As regards rehashed criticism there is plenty of rehashed support of Paul Hurst and the way the team is performing.

Gutted Harry! I started to read hoping that you might try to answer some of the points I made...Oh well there's always next year..

Incidentally the words "I have no problem with" give you a bit of a clue to what I actually said...
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 12:22am