This thread currently has 4,924 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Richard Cranium
December 29, 2014, 9:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
The atmosphere created by our travelling faans is fantastic.
About time it was created at home games. Lincoln fans were heard, We weren't.
Richard Broadley will be looking down on you. Sort it for him.
He will always be remembered as a legend
Logged Offline
Private Message
DocTower
December 29, 2014, 10:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Thing is Richard we need something to get us going . It seems years since we were up and down from our seats with excitement . The only thing that gets you and me up is our weak bladder .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
Richard Cranium
December 29, 2014, 10:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
And you are catching me up then youngster
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
moosey_club
December 29, 2014, 10:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that for the last two seasons we have failed to win more games at home than we actually manage to win. We are uninspiring and unsuccesful at home, attendances are falling and those that remain know what is coming.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
December 29, 2014, 11:27pm
Guest User
We could start with not blaming the current set of players for the past 10 years.  BP has a poisonous atmosphere and if I was a Town player then I would much rather be playing for Alfreton with 500 people supporting you instead of 2000 people against you but money and ambition talks. The longer we stay in the conference the louder the moans and groans will get. It makes you wonder if Hurst is forced to play 'dull' football at home as he know if he does play patience and pretty football on the deck then the crowd will get on there backs. Gary Mills teams always play it to the back and play it safe when required, imagine if we adapted such a style of football in the present day there would be riots around BP due the players not playing it forward 24/7.
Reply: 4 - 38
petethemariner
December 30, 2014, 12:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
There is no one 'right' style of Football, what most punters at BP want to see is a mix of the two, the ability to put a foot on the
ball and pass when able, plus  a directness when possible, 'Tippy Tappy' alone will get us about as far as 'Hoofball' alone,its a balance
thats needed and is still missing in my opinion, surely after 4 years in charge in one guise or other, Hurst can at least provide  some
imaginative tactics in the final third, you know, players breaking  into the opponents penalty area,sometimes beyond our forwards,
wingers whose sole intention is to get behind opposition defences and whip dangerous balls into the box, as Lincoln did with 2 of their
3 goals yesterday, the occasional imaginative set piece wouldn't go amiss (what do they do in training all week) in my opinion .its the
predictability and staleness of our play at home that's causing the flat atmosphere around BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
MarinerWY
December 30, 2014, 1:10am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from 1739
We could start with not blaming the current set of players for the past 10 years.  BP has a poisonous atmosphere

This x100.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
arryarryarry
December 30, 2014, 1:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 1739
We could start with not blaming the current set of players for the past 10 years.  BP has a poisonous atmosphere and if I was a Town player then I would much rather be playing for Alfreton with 500 people supporting you instead of 2000 people against you but money and ambition talks. The longer we stay in the conference the louder the moans and groans will get. It makes you wonder if Hurst is forced to play 'dull' football at home as he know if he does play patience and pretty football on the deck then the crowd will get on there backs. Gary Mills teams always play it to the back and play it safe when required, imagine if we adapted such a style of football in the present day there would be riots around BP due the players not playing it forward 24/7.

I'm sorry but that is a load of bollox, over 7,000 fans turned out against Lincoln and the vast majority were desperate for a Town win and what did we get, a pitiful performance by some of the players and poor at the best from the rest.

These past two or three seasons have seen some of the poorest Town performances at home in a long time and that is the responsibility of the manager and the players.  
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
lukeo
December 30, 2014, 7:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,363
Gold Stars: 143
2 main reasons why away fans out sing us at home..

1. all the vocal away fans are together and are there for a day out.
2. the stand were we are supposed to create the most noise has an open roof.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, i think away fans should be put in the pontoon. reasons:
1. osmond helps create more atmosphere the way the roof is slanted.
2. the away end is always empty so i'd rather see empty black and white seats than red
3. more home fans can get in for 'big games'

IF this can never happen, 5-6 years ago me and gilly got 10 of us in the main stand family stand and it created a great atmophere (again with the roofing) maybe a group of 'vocal fans' should try that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
barralad
December 30, 2014, 8:17am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm sorry but that is a load of bollox, over 7,000 fans turned out against Lincoln and the vast majority were desperate for a Town win and what did we get, a pitiful performance by some of the players and poor at the best from the rest.

These past two or three seasons have seen some of the poorest Town performances at home in a long time and that is the responsibility of the manager and the players.  

Their desperation didn't translate into vocal support-even for the 40 odd minutes that there was parity or we were actually in front. Whatever happened to getting behind the team when things are going against you? The atmosphere changed for good in the instant Power scored their second goal.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Atmosphere

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.