Jaws
December 30, 2014, 6:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from immariner

How is sitting in that corner of the Pontoon, which has an open side, as far away from the only other stand that has people chanting as it is possible to be, a good idea to improve atmosphere? The atmosphere died in the Pontoon when people started sitting in that corner.

You'll find the larger the group chanting the more people will join in and it grows. The drum gets people going in that corner and it's not allowed in the middle. Some people will whinge that it doesn't get the Findus going. A family stand will never have a great atmosphere, never has done at any club. Also if you're expecting the Pontoon to get the upper findus going then get real. Also there are some in the pontoon who want to be far away from the chanting some students/unemployed who's financial circumstances mean they have to sit in the pontoon to save a few bob - all in all it's better at one end and a lot easier for people when they go to book their tickets as no-one will willingly ask to go on the left side unless they had a good reason.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
timmo
December 30, 2014, 6:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +58
Quoted from Jaws
Home atmosphere was OK until the last third of last season. Before then the back-left was a pretty good spot in the Pontoon, Now it seems like there is a section in the middle trying to get it going but still a small core sitting with the drum - a lot of chants are disjointed. I'd love the guys from the middle to sit in the top left I think it'd improve things.

Problem is we start a chant. The lads at the left look at us then either start a completely different one or the same but half way through ours.

Timmo
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
mariner tommy
December 30, 2014, 7:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from timmo

Problem is we start a chant. The lads at the left look at us then either start a completely different one or the same but half way through ours.

Timmo
UTM

Why can't, all those that want to sing, all sit in the middle of the pontoon, behind the goal.
That's how it was all through my pontoon years and there was never a problem, plus the fact you were heard all round the ground. Mind you, there were about 4,000 people in there.
And there lies the problem, there's just not enough people singing and that is the problem.
I'm sorry but it's got nothing to do with the sloping roof or open side, it's just not enough people.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
fleabag1970
December 30, 2014, 7:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
On normal low gate matches people should be able to sit where they want ( ST's aside) obv's .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
Mrs Doyle
December 30, 2014, 7:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
To be honest Lincoln fans were magnificent on Sunday vocal and loud the Dambusters rendition near the end was a very fitting finale.

Mission accomplished over and out.

Our fans reflected the stuttering nervy way we played no confidence or belief simple as that. Davy Boylen summed it up to me when I spoke to him  a few months ago, the team he played in WANTED to win every game and fought like hell right to the end. That's when Blundell Park became a fortress and the fans backed them because they could see the effort being put in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
Rick12
December 30, 2014, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Remember last season at Barnets ground we outsung their lot and created more atmosphere. Made me proud to be a fan that day

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
davmariner
December 30, 2014, 9:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
To be honest Lincoln fans were magnificent on Sunday vocal and loud the Dambusters rendition near the end was a very fitting finale.

Mission accomplished over and out.

Our fans reflected the stuttering nervy way we played no confidence or belief simple as that. Davy Boylen summed it up to me when I spoke to him  a few months ago, the team he played in WANTED to win every game and fought like hell right to the end. That's when Blundell Park became a fortress and the fans backed them because they could see the effort being put in.

They were more vocal than usual, which quite frankly isn't hard given how quiet they've been in recent times. Hardly "magnificent".

Didn't appreciate that they didn't respect the one minute silence.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
GTFCAcko
December 30, 2014, 10:51pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +8
Quoted from Richard Cranium
The atmosphere created by our travelling faans is fantastic.
About time it was created at home games. Lincoln fans were heard, We weren't.
Richard Broadley will be looking down on you. Sort it for him.
He will always be remembered as a legend

I agree most of the time Blundell Park is silent about time some away fans challenged us for the atmosphere  

Omar Omar Omar Omar Omar Omar Omar Bogle!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
petethemariner
December 30, 2014, 11:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from davmariner

They were more vocal than usual, which quite frankly isn't hard given how quiet they've been in recent times. Hardly "magnificent".

Didn't appreciate that they didn't respect the one minute silence.

Make no mistake, i'm no apologist for Lincoln fans, dislike them nearly as much as Scumthorpe fans to be honest, but
really c'ant have that they didn't respect the minutes silence, there were 800 of them there and one kn0b shouted
something near the end of the minute, the rest of them respected it perfectly, so credit where credits due FFS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
JMT
December 31, 2014, 12:39am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from petethemariner

Make no mistake, i'm no apologist for Lincoln fans, dislike them nearly as much as Scumthorpe fans to be honest, but
really c'ant have that they didn't respect the minutes silence, there were 800 of them there and one kn0b shouted
something near the end of the minute, the rest of them respected it perfectly, so credit where credits due FFS.

it was one of our fans who shouted something and started it near the end unfortunately..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Atmosphere

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.