arryarryarry
December 21, 2014, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from moosey_club
Looked a fairly straight forward home win up until half time, not impressed with FGR at all, fairly toothless and the usual danger man Norwood was well marshalled by Magnay, the tricky wind aided our channel play and i really expected us to roll them over easily.......
should have known better....second half just never got started and the usual pattern of sitting deeper and deeper for the first 15-20 mins appeared again...silly free kicks....hoof ball clearances and desperate blocks all preludes to the inevitable equaliser.....looked like we were going to chuck it away but the goal woke us up a little and astonishing tactical substitution by Hurst    made immediate impact, Clay on allowing Dizzly Rascal to push forward more and...bang 2-1.....followed by another lengthy period of sitting back, panic and non too confident defending.

Overall thought FGR where poor and one dimensional and disappointed we didnt push hard when well on top. With the scrambles in the final minutes and that one that somehow drifted through past everyone we just scraped through.

Magnay was outstanding, Disley, Toto also and LJL and the Pope linked well first half. Brown, Arnold, Makreth didnt bring anything for my money and Parslow looked shaky.

3 more on the board.   UTM

Agree with that especially the highlighted players, I know Brown was substituted but God knows how the other two remained on the pitch.

I still don't see why many on here pleasured themselves when Mackreth signed.

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
Les Brechin
December 21, 2014, 9:30pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from arryarryarry

Agree with that especially the highlighted players, I know Brown was substituted but God knows how the other two remained on the pitch.

I still don't see why many on here pleasured themselves when Mackreth signed.

I think it was mainly down to the fact of his two performances against us for Barrow and Macclesfield, when he was superb on both occasions and as good as won Barrow their point single-handedly.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
diehardmariner
December 22, 2014, 9:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538
Good win and generally good entertainment.  

Conditions didn't help but I just can't help get frustrated with our defenders when they launch it long, especially when we have so much more success actually playing football.  Saying that, neither Brown nor Disley came to get the ball off them at any point on Friday.  Brown especially has been very disappointing of late, especially compared to his earlier season form.  Clay comes on and straight away adds some tempo to the play.  His role in the goal was minor but in showing for the throw-in, he did something Brown hadn't done all evening.  Got to be Clay and A.N Other for me in that midfield,

Thought Pearson and Toto were immense against a very physical front two.  Jokes aside Parkin is still a handful.  OK he can't move and is lazy but he showed some quality touches, albeit infrequently but that's as much to do with dealing with his threat as anything.

Magnay gets better each week.  Is he on a 1-year or 2-year contract?  Regardless of the contract length or what division we're in, be a hell of a battle in the summer to hold onto him.

Their goal was actually a mix-up between Mckreth and Arnold (don't think the highlights show it).  Mckreth indicated for the short pass to feet but then as Arnold went to pass he went long.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.