5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
December 20, 2014, 9:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,543
Gold Stars: 258
The much maligned shop is now 3rd leading scorer in the league!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
Garth
December 20, 2014, 9:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Agree what les said on Magnay, What a player !

Arnold has impressed me however of course, give the ball away in the build up to there goal.

Pitmann is very skillful and looks dangerous everytime he gets it, keep him and the shop fit and we are onto a winner !

great ball by the shop to Disley who finished expertly.

Parkin to be fair, looked a good player, very slow, but such a gifted player.

overall, impressive performance, and great 3 points

As I saw it, strange match one that I thought we would win and could only throw away, they were a team of individuals some good others poor and IMO will only finish mid table Magnay has to be up there with Hurst as a significant signing and if center back is his prefered position we have no injury worries there.
For some reason Brown is not putting in the performances which he did at the start of the season but I though he showed some improvement last night, Disley was good in the air and showed his credentials in the opposition `s box again and won us the game, even though he was injured in a bad tackle minutes before,
All in all a good performance from Town with no REAL weaknesses
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
TownSNAFU5
December 20, 2014, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,829
Gold Stars: 42
"Hughes missed a great chance".  Did we get out of jail then?  

The majority of comments above said that FGR were poor.  Buckley said after the game in his summary that FGR were a very good side.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
mariner91
December 20, 2014, 10:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,543
Gold Stars: 258
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

The majority of comments above said that FGR were poor.  Buckley said after the game in his summary that FGR were a very good side.  

Then he's losing it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
moosey_club
December 20, 2014, 11:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,181
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Allow me with my years of listening to "Buckley speak" translate;

a good side = a team of players who can demonstrate the ability to pass the ball to one another
a very good side =  a team of players that  can pass the pall and tried to play the ball on the floor for the majority of the game
an excellent side = a team of players that will pass the ball to each other, along the floor and retain possession for long periods
a superb side = a team of players that will pass the ball to each other, along the floor, retain possession despite the fact they are losing or not posing a threat to the oppositions goal at all.

while i repsect Alan's footballing philosophies he does often tend to forget to consider the actual result of the game and balance of play when deciding who was the better team..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
Marinerz93
December 20, 2014, 1:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
When LJL scored, I was like

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2s021cg.gif[/IMG]

then I thought that's another goal closer to the target set by jonnyboy

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/140gjyf.gif[/IMG]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
cmackenzie4
December 20, 2014, 1:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
rancido
December 20, 2014, 1:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,518
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Marinerz93
When LJL scored, I was like

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2s021cg.gif[/IMG]

then I thought that's another goal closer to the target set by jonnyboy

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/140gjyf.gif[/IMG]

I think the hot-dog is being prepared and warmed as we speak!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
Marinerz93
December 20, 2014, 1:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from rancido

I think the hot-dog is being prepared and warmed as we speak!

Does anyone know if LJL knows about this  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
Grimal
December 20, 2014, 1:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,859
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from mariner91
Thought we did okay without ever really going up the gears, think there were definitely goals to be had against their centre backs who were donkeys. If only we'd gone for it a bit more. I'm certain Parkin was well offside leading up to their goal, he was jogging back onside when he received it! But luckily we had the only proper moments of quality with two superb assists, Magnay's in particular was sublime. I thought Toto looked good tonight and Pittman and Lenny and Arnold seem to be developing a good understanding. If we got JPP firing on all cylinders I think he is our ticket out of this league, a classy player. [/b]Mackreth again disappointing. For a player who seems to rely on pace, he's very reluctant to make runs in behind the full back, he usually checks back to get it to feet but he doesn't really have the skill to beat his man from a stationary start.[b] Magnay MOM for me, excellent performance which we've come to expect but what a signing he is. How Mills thought it would be wise to let him go is anyone's guess. Bring on Macclesfield.

Oh and I thought the ref was very poor.

Last night Mackreth was again like a little boy lost, Last Saturday against Nuneaton he was a completely different player, beating his marker every time and showed a lot of confidence in everything he did,  put in some great crosses and took his goal very well. in fact I would have given him my MOM.        UTM..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.