4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
OneLove
December 17, 2014, 6:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
I never want to see town lose but pray to god we get knocked out by gateshead in this next round and solely concentrate on the league. Its tinpot money and hasn't majority helped us in the past has it? I kind of get this feeling that its hurst vs the fans again, he knows its vital we go up and the fans no its vital we do too and avoid any slip ups like the last time we went on a huge run to the final and messed up the play offs, but yet he is adamant we win the trophy.

I used to think in hursty we trust but right now I haven't got the trust in no-one at gtfc and if we don't go up, I shall revert to watching Cleethorpes Town full-time instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
crusty ole pie
December 17, 2014, 7:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,310
Gold Stars: 62
Desperate to get something positive on his cv
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
TAGG
December 17, 2014, 7:22am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
This tin pot cup is our level now unlike the side we beat at Wembley in 98 who are up at the top of the Championship and playing Liverpool in the league cup tonight.
Just Wondering why the massive  difference between the fortunes of both clubs over that time.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
DocTower
December 17, 2014, 7:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
What a can of worms that could bring up . My own view is  , well , bad decisions at the highest level  , or decisions that appeared right at the time but failed miserably .  Or just really bad luck , take your pick .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
hippo130
December 17, 2014, 7:38am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +56
Bournemouth haven't done it fairly though been in administration at least twice ripped off all their creditors cheated basically
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
fleabag1970
December 17, 2014, 7:52am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
and the burning question is Why didnt we enter Admin ?? It has never been answered

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
thevera
December 17, 2014, 8:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +992
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from OneLove
I never want to see town lose but pray to god we get knocked out by gateshead in this next round and solely concentrate on the league. Its tinpot money and hasn't majority helped us in the past has it? I kind of get this feeling that its hurst vs the fans again, he knows its vital we go up and the fans no its vital we do too and avoid any slip ups like the last time we went on a huge run to the final and messed up the play offs, but yet he is adamant we win the trophy.

I used to think in hursty we trust but right now I haven't got the trust in no-one at gtfc and if we don't go up, I shall revert to watching Cleethorpes Town full-time instead.

Just out of interest who or what does 'One Love' refer to? Cleethorpes Town?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
Biccys
December 17, 2014, 9:56am
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from fleabag1970
and the burning question is Why didnt we enter Admin ?? It has never been answered

Yeah it was, many times.

Our major shareholder said that the debts we had were to him and the taxman. We would still have to pay the entire tax bill and for him to enter administration would mean that the debt to him would be taken from asset stripping the club, which he wasn't prepared to do. Going into administration would have saved us nothing in real terms, merely lost the clubs assets and him a significant percentage of his investment, which he has stated many times is the much maligned "benign debt" (I think this is correct from my recollection of the statements he has made over the years. Correct me if there are other things I have misinterpreted or are plain wrong...)

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 33
louth_in_the_south
December 17, 2014, 10:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,551
Gold Stars: 94
If Bournemouth didn't have some Russian investor come in a few years back , it's highly likely they'd be playing in the southern league now instead of playing the scousers tonight .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
Abdul19
December 17, 2014, 10:38am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from thevera

Just out of interest who or what does 'One Love' refer to? Cleethorpes Town?

Andy?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › cup run

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.