Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In and outs in January?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 285 Guests

In and outs in January?

This thread currently has 6,234 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Fcukthescunts
December 1, 2014, 4:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
With a few weeks without league game and hopefully Hurst able to watch some potential Targets? where do we need to strengthen in Jan and who would you expect we ship out in that period if any.  
Starter for 10 from me
In's a Striker with a good scoring record (if one available).
Outs Paddy just don't see where he fits in and Bignot long way down pecking order.
Logged Offline
Private Message
fleabag1970
December 1, 2014, 5:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Still think Hannah, Neilson  and Biggy will move on , hope i'm wrong

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 53
Youngy
December 1, 2014, 5:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Think if we sign another striker, Hannah will make way. Only 6 months left on his contract, not sure he'll be renewed and might want to look elsewhere to secure his future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 53
DocTower
December 1, 2014, 6:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Unfortunately I believe Hannah Nielson Bignot and Paddy might leave for pastures new . Dropping players for no reason or reasons only known to the manager would only make a players decision to leave much easier .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 53
fleabag1970
December 1, 2014, 6:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from DocTower
Unfortunately I believe Hannah Nielson Bignot and Paddy might leave for pastures new . Dropping players for no reason or reasons only known to the manager would only make a players decision to leave much easier .

Good call on  Nielson . He will go back down Sarf  perhaps??

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 53
grimsby pete
December 1, 2014, 6:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from DocTower

Agree with the above, we do not need,

Bignot because we have Walker,

Paddy  because Hurst wont play him,

Neilson if Nicky is up to it,

Hannah if we sign that striker.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 53
jimgtfc
December 1, 2014, 7:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,068
Gold Stars: 44
The thing with Bignot is he'll be sat on a decent contract here and what club would take him on a similar deal? I'd imagine a lower conference team might want him but on lesser terms. This might be the last decent pro contract he gets so why not sit on it till the end of the season.

I think teams will be interested in Hannah though, maybe a Macclesfield or a Halifax or someone similar on a loan deal perhaps. But only if we get someone in decent first.

Similar with Paddy, I imagine teams will be interested if he's available. Personally I'd have him involved with the squad but I think he might be surplus to Hurst's requirements. Maybe Gateshead? Played up there with Newcastle and played under Gary Mills at York?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 53
mariner91
December 1, 2014, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
I'd be very surprised to see Neilson leave. Why would we let him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 53
mariner tommy
December 1, 2014, 7:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from jimgtfc
The thing with Bignot is he'll be sat on a decent contract here and what club would take him on a similar deal? I'd imagine a lower conference team might want him but on lesser terms. This might be the last decent pro contract he gets so why not sit on it till the end of the season.

I think teams will be interested in Hannah though, maybe a Macclesfield or a Halifax or someone similar on a loan deal perhaps. But only if we get someone in decent first.

Similar with Paddy, I imagine teams will be interested if he's available. Personally I'd have him involved with the squad but I think he might be surplus to Hurst's requirements. Maybe Gateshead? Played up there with Newcastle and played under Gary Mills at York?

No player will wait until the end of the season to see his contract out, when there are hundreds of players looking for clubs. It's just too much of a lottery.
If any of the above mentioned players got an offer of 15 months from January there is no doubt they will take it, especially if it were a full time contract they got offered.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 53
Abdul19
December 1, 2014, 7:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from mariner91
I'd be very surprised to see Neilson leave. Why would we let him?

Exactly.

I suppose Hannah and Bignot are obvious candidates, but both were unused subs on Saturday so it's not like they've got no chance of playing. I doubt anyone will take their wages either?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 53
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In and outs in January?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.