Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In and outs in January?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 361 Guests

In and outs in January?

This thread currently has 6,245 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
December 2, 2014, 7:34am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
I'd like to see a Hearn type player come in. Not easy to acquire but think we need more firepower if we are to threaten the top spot.

As for Neilson. He may not play every minute of every game, but is the one player at Town who can get me out of my seat. His inconsistency is the reason he's in the Conference. Think it's speculation that he is on the way out as on his day he can cause havoc and will come good again.

Don't know what the problem is with Paddy, but Hurst clearly doesn't rate him. Shame, as i had high hopes for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
fleabag1970
December 2, 2014, 7:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
The thoughts on Neilson are just pure speculation based on Gut feelings . I can now see how newspapers manage to keep people fooled !!!  

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
barralad
December 2, 2014, 8:37am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ginnywings
I'd like to see a Hearn type player come in. Not easy to acquire but think we need more firepower if we are to threaten the top spot.

As for Neilson. He may not play every minute of every game, but is the one player at Town who can get me out of my seat. His inconsistency is the reason he's in the Conference. Think it's speculation that he is on the way out as on his day he can cause havoc and will come good again.

Don't know what the problem is with Paddy, but Hurst clearly doesn't rate him. Shame, as i had high hopes for him.

My feelings exactly. The speculation is often put around by people looking to berate Hurst yet again.

As far as the player is concerned I was extremely disappointed with his showing on Saturday-especially as I was moaning before the game started that he should have got the nod over Mackreth. I didn't go to Gateshead but aside of Halifax away-where he was awesome in the first half-I can't think of too many games when he's lived up to his potential. I actually think that a fit JPP is our most creative player. He has great vision and the ability to make difficult things seem simple. If The Shop is going to get 20 goals this season it will be with him as his strike partner.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
chaos33
December 2, 2014, 8:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from grimsby pete

Agree with the above, we do not need,

Bignot because we have Walker,

Paddy  because Hurst wont play him,

Neilson if Nicky is up to it,

Hannah if we sign that striker.

Do you really mean this re - Neilson Pete? Surely he is arguably one of the best, if not the best footballer in the conference?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 53
barralad
December 2, 2014, 8:53am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from chaos33

Do you really mean this re - Neilson Pete? Surely he is arguably one of the best, if not the best footballer in the conference on his day?

Amended for the sake of veracity  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
Rick12
December 2, 2014, 9:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from fleabag1970
Still think Neilson   hope i'm wrong
Don't get to see Town play much due to study commitments and living down south but when I do some players immediately stand out.Neilson at the Barnet game last season away was quality and the best player on the park.Just hope he stays

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
arryarryarry
December 2, 2014, 9:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Abdul19

Exactly.

I suppose Hannah and Bignot are obvious candidates, but both were unused subs on Saturday so it's not like they've got no chance of playing. I doubt anyone will take their wages either?

Hannah came on for JPP with 20 minutes to go.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
oldun
December 2, 2014, 10:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Neilson yes on his day is skilful and dangerous, but unfortunately his days don't happen often enough. He can be exciting and frustrating at the same time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
grimsby pete
December 2, 2014, 10:51am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from chaos33

Do you really mean this re - Neilson Pete? Surely he is arguably one of the best, if not the best footballer in the conference?

I was stating what I thought Hurst  might do,

Not what I would do,

Hurst can not get the best out of Neilson because he wants him to defend as well as attack,

Alan Buckley once said of Dave Gilbert, " some people moan about Dave not defending enough, well I have other players to make tackles,

I want Dave to attack." or words to that effect,

I think Neilson is a match winner if played in the hole and given the freedom to attack either side,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
fleabag1970
December 2, 2014, 11:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Why didnt Luton hang on to him ??

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In and outs in January?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.