6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 22, 2014, 5:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Hurst, boring his way to the play offs since 2011. intercourse off with your 5 at the back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
November 22, 2014, 5:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
Very poor today, game plan undone in minute 1, the minute we go behind we dont need a holding midfielder and that is why this formation will not work at home, we need 2 up front!! Pell very poor today and dis should have started, did more in his 20 minutes then the rest of our centre mid all day, arnold best of a bad bunch, means it is a massive game on tuesday and i hope to god we go for it because ive seem woking this season and they certainly will be a test
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 56
mimma
November 22, 2014, 5:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
Beaten before kick off by strange formation for a HOME game.

Two holding midfielders, no wingers, one up front isolated.

Played into their hands, couldn't get going, too narrow, everything through the middle.

No one played well, some were worse than others.

Not the way to win home games or entertain your home fans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 56
grimps
November 22, 2014, 5:23pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Tinkerman strikes again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 56
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Glad I didn't waste the afternoon listening to that utterly predictable performance and result. Yet another home flop. Very poor.

Wasn't there a question posed on here earlier in the week - "Where have all the fans gone?". Well, y'know what......

Just out of interest - what formation did Kiddy play today?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 56
gobby
November 22, 2014, 5:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 7
Very disappointing
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 56
Lambretta Mariner
November 22, 2014, 5:28pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +140
Some of the passing, clearances, positional  and overall play was so sloppy. But on another day we could and should have scored a number of goals. Keepers pulled off some saves and we missed some chances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 56
Mariner Ronnie
November 22, 2014, 5:30pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
kidderminster played well today, i think even if we played well we'd have struggled, they didn't play like a depleted side, we've been on a good run though, come on town v woking

last but not least; if i want to clap my team off at the end i will do, if you don't like it, up yours!

UTM!!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 56
BIGChris
November 22, 2014, 5:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Not sure how you could say we played 5 at the back BUT we were really poor today. We simply couldn't pass to our own players, we had little or no movement ( making us very easy to defend against).
We were very pedestrian in midfield with Parslow and Pell 'loll oping' around one paced.

Heard some jump ties abusing Aswad for their first goal. he was sold down the river by Pells lack of strength and a pass into space. Thomas had to come across with his man, leaving acres for the scorer to run into. He had no choice.

Felt we had to go at Kiddy today and I would have started with Pittman but after 5 wins in 6 I can see why PH went same again. Had he changed it and we put in a similar display he would have got pesters for changing a winning strategy. Overall we should be more adventurous at home.

Nielson was a passenger first half, got more of the ball2nd half but did all his dribbling 30 plus yards from goal and often over did it.

No idea who got MOM but not sure there was one?

5 wins and a draw in 7 games is not a time to go overboard but I think we are in for a tough game on Tuesday and Wokings movement will cause us problems if we go with a static central midfield combo
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 56
Mariner Ronnie
November 22, 2014, 5:35pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Quoted from BIGChris
Not sure how you could say we played 5 at the back BUT we were really poor today. We simply couldn't pass to our own players, we had little or no movement ( making us very easy to defend against).
We were very pedestrian in midfield with Parslow and Pell 'loll oping' around one paced.

Heard some jump ties abusing Aswad for their first goal. he was sold down the river by Pells lack of strength and a pass into space. Thomas had to come across with his man, leaving acres for the scorer to run into. He had no choice.

Felt we had to go at Kiddy today and I would have started with Pittman but after 5 wins in 6 I can see why PH went same again. Had he changed it and we put in a similar display he would have got pesters for changing a winning strategy. Overall we should be more adventurous at home.

Nielson was a passenger first half, got more of the ball2nd half but did all his dribbling 30 plus yards from goal and often over did it.

No idea who got MOM but not sure there was one?

5 wins and a draw in 7 games is not a time to go overboard but I think we are in for a tough game on Tuesday and Wokings movement will cause us problems if we go with a static central midfield combo

4-4-2 on tuesday

mckeown
thomas
toto
pearson
magnay
neilson
disley
brown
arnold
ljl
pittman

jobs a gooden.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 56
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.