6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Tangerine Chris
November 22, 2014, 6:00pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
If we continue to play like that, we will not even going to make the play offs.  Very poor today by everyone.

Hope we put up a better performance on Tuesday night, but after todays performance, I think another 500 will not be watching it

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 56
Richard Cranium
November 22, 2014, 6:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
Here we go. First defeat for a while. Credit Kidderminster they played well especially Gowling
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 56
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 6:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
What formation did Kiddy use?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 56
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from Chrisblor
Carl Magnay's hitting the nail on the head on the radio right now. Giving the interview Hurst should be giving - identifying what went wrong, suggesting we don't need a holding midfielder at home and apologising for a shambolic performance.

Quite. I thought Hurst's interview was infuriating.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 56
ginnywings
November 22, 2014, 6:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from chaos33

We do have two other midfielders under contract but they're not getting a look in whilst the non-performing loanees are preferred. Frustrating for me that he'll give a loan defender a run of games in central midfield despite not putting in the performances, but he won't afford that same opportunity to  McLaughlin, who's had little more than the odd game here or there out of position and 10 minutes off the bench every few weeks.

Exactly. We have decent  midfielders on the bench or in the stands and we bring in 2 loan players who are no better. I just don't understand why he keeps bringing in players in positions we don't need, when we have the worst performing strikers in the top 5.

Paddy must be well drunk off watching Pells non performances. Similarly Clay with Parslow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 56
psgmariner
November 22, 2014, 6:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Agree Kiddy looked pretty good. Passed the ball went, created shooting opportunities, took decent set plays and had a few tasty long shots. That said I think we allowed them to play due to our poor midfield (especially Pell who was abysmal) and dost defending (Aswad and Toto who were both all over the place physically and psychologically!). LJL worked hard but had no decent service as was pleased with Pittmans efforts when he came on.

Neilson and Arnold were both really good in my opinion. Arnold looks a right player and although he struggled for an end product, Neilson's dribbling was immense. I love that trick he does where his belly goes one way as then he dribbles the other way.

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 56
fleabag1970
November 22, 2014, 6:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
No excuses today  Mr Hurst . anyone in the ground could see our formation wasnt working . I said to the people next to me that he will probably wait till we go 2-0 to change ........ Guess what ............ It should have been changed after 10 mins IMO , Nothing wrong with admiting you got it wrong

Keep Disley in the TEAM
Why does Pell get the nod over Clay ??
If it isnt working change it , even after 10 mins

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 56
fleabag1970
November 22, 2014, 6:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Oh and the first 10 mins of the Game was as bad as ive seen a Town team play ..............and ive seen some Guff over 30 years

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 56
brad_gtfc
November 22, 2014, 6:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
If he wants to play 1 upfront, at home, he has to take the holding player out and put a no.10 in behind LJL.

Clay    Brown

Pittman    Nielson   Arnold

LJL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 56
WappingMariner
November 22, 2014, 6:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +125
Very, very, very frustrating. Not quite ruined my 25th birthday but it certainly doesn't leave me wanting to do a great deal of celebrating.

I thought we started fairly brightly. Arnold looking to build on his strong performance at Alty by running at the Kidderminster defence with vigour. Their goal, ironically, came as a result of a Town corner. Pell didn't win the ball and Marvin Johnson was able to surge forward before slotting calmly underneath McKeown.

After they scored you expected a reaction from Town but that didn't come. Neilson was the only attacking player who looked relatively threatening for us. Unfortunately, though, even he seemed to lose his composure when he eventually got in a position to shoot yet decided otherwise.

My two major concerns were the lack of depth we had in attack and Pell's inability to start a positive move or stand *tall* when Kidderminster broke forward. Quite honestly I would play Clay instead of him in the next game. I don't think, realistically, there was much we could do about the second goal. Byrne's header was powerful and Magnay did well to get a boot on the ball but couldn't stop it from finding the back of the net.

The lack of depth in attack today was concerning. I still do not understand why Neilson is played on the left. It's obvious that he'll move inside, which always leaves Aswad exposed at left-back. Subsequently it also means Aswad is not able to go forward on the overlap as much because of the lack of cover.

I still would persist with LJL on his own up top because I'm not sure how you accommodate Neilson and Arnold if you play two up front. Unless you use Arnold as a striker, of course. Not sure he'd be too comfortable playing that role, though.

The best eleven I think we have is: McKeown - Magnay, Nsiala, Pearson, Thomas - Clay, Brown - Arnold, Neilson, Mackreth - LJL (4-2-3-1). If you want two up top then you could go for: McKeown - as above - Clay, Brown, Disley - Neilson - Pittman, LJL (4-3-1-2). The latter obviously means there is no threat from the wings but gives you more numbers in attack.

Now for a few beers and a curry.

We've got Jason Pearcey, number one, we've got the best team in the land...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.