6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
carrot top
November 22, 2014, 6:32pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2
We were all over the place today. No bite, no quick movement of the ball from defence and midfield. Playing one up top is unbelievable at home and Hurst us stubborn about it. 3 home league defeats and it is not Xmas yet. kiddy were ok but not brilliant. That said I think they had many more efforts on target than us. I couldn't believe Toto didn't score in the second half with the goal at his mercy. Magnay summed it up really when he said the formation at home needs to be attacking. He also said he thought there was some ill disciplined stuff in the second half (gunho Neilson I think he was referring to)

Disappointed in Hurst's comments about some fans booing at the end. Although I feel it is non productive, the paying fans have a right to show their displeasure at such a poor performance. He annoys with the same comments about the fans when things go wrong. It is not their fault we were shite.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 56
jimgtfc
November 22, 2014, 6:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from BIGChris

He wasnt up for the corner, he was marking their player who moved over to our right hand side. Did you think he should have just stood in the left back spot? No blame whatsoever on Aswad for their first goal!!

Poor positioning and lack of effort from Aswad for the goal imo, although Pell should be doing more in the first instance.

Not sure if it's Hurst's instructions for Aswad to get forward, but we always seem to get caught out down our left side while Thomas is jogging back. He doesn't seem to read the game well to me.

They had another chance in the first half when our left back was again caught out of position meaning the centre halves were pulled across, Magnay had to cover them and the guy was free back post, but his strike partner didn't square it for a tap in.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
jonnyboy82
November 22, 2014, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
One striker and a holding midfielder at home should tell you all you need to know.

Just not what we need or expect when we are at home and it is up to us to show all the attacking intent.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
ex-merseymariner
November 22, 2014, 7:45pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jimgtfc

Poor positioning and lack of effort from Aswad for the goal imo, although Pell should be doing more in the first instance.

Not sure if it's Hurst's instructions for Aswad to get forward, but we always seem to get caught out down our left side while Thomas is jogging back. He doesn't seem to read the game well to me.

They had another chance in the first half when our left back was again caught out of position meaning the centre halves were pulled across, Magnay had to cover them and the guy was free back post, but his strike partner didn't square it for a tap in.

I remember that chance, but am not sure it was Aswad's fault; the formation was wrong - surely Parslow playing deep is partly to cover for situations like that, but the communication between the 2 centre backs and parslow was awful.

Having said that, everyone had multiple awful moments today -  could have easily taken off Parslow/Toto and Pell at halftime and brought on Pittman and Disley, but instead, played it safe, and conceded another !!!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
GorgeousGeorge
November 22, 2014, 7:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +30
Glad I went to IKEA today, simple as that really.  The desire to do a 260 mile round trip to watch inconsistent negative crap left me a long time ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
jimgtfc
November 22, 2014, 7:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

I remember that chance, but am not sure it was Aswad's fault; the formation was wrong - surely Parslow playing deep is partly to cover for situations like that, but the communication between the 2 centre backs and parslow was awful.

Having said that, everyone had multipřle awful moments today -  could have easily taken off Parslow/Toto and Pell at halftime and brought on Pittman and Disley, but instead, played it safe, and conceded another !!!

Agree about Parslow, supposed to shield the back but didn't and can't pass a ball either. If we are to persist with this formation then it has to be Disley holding at home.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
November 22, 2014, 8:16pm
Guest User
Absolute garbage I left as soon as they scored the 2nd knowing full well there was no chance of a comeback. Hurst just been papering over the cracks this last month, I've said it before  il say it again average team in a shockingly urine poor quality league.
Reply: 36 - 56
easypeersy
November 22, 2014, 8:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Absolutely terrible!!!
I predicted we would lose and was not wrong.
We have been lucky to win a lot of matches and I am amazed we are in this false position.
I feel our Christmas slump is coming early this season.
Buck up lads!!
That was shocking!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from GorgeousGeorge
Glad I went to IKEA today, simple as that really.  The desire to do a 260 mile round trip to watch inconsistent negative crap left me a long time ago.

Know what you mean.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
DocTower
November 22, 2014, 9:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from easypeersy
Absolutely terrible!!!
I predicted we would lose and was not wrong.
We have been lucky to win a lot of matches and I am amazed we are in this false position.
I feel our Christmas slump is coming early this season.
Buck up lads!!
That was shocking!!!

Can't understand those red crosses , they must have those special glasses on or didn't go . Mid table side going nowhere playing like this , so pridicable so boring so not exciting .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.