Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relocation.
Users Browsing Forum
CrannyMariner and 381 Guests

Relocation.

This thread currently has 9,860 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Meza
November 3, 2014, 9:32pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from kingster72
Most fans agree that the club needs to move ASAP.  Where, who knows, but will support the move whatever.  It should be supported by the council, no doubting that, but you have to ask why are they not supporting the club, or it just John Fenty they don't support? Maybe.  I do not support UKIP at all, but to dismiss their new ground proposal as nonsense is as usual, foolish from John.  It's across the road from Great Coates, so why would it not suit an anchor tenant, like that site proposed?  You cannot just dismiss it outright, or is this just political scoring from Lord Fenty? This is a community stadium and new home for GTFC we are talking about and all locations and support must be considered until it becomes a reality.  It will never happen whilst John is involved, simple as!

But isn't John's hands tied somewhat especially if the investor such as Sainsburys etc dont want it near the UKIP proposed site.  JF can't fund it all by himself he's not got a money tree in his back yard.  Besides the current proposed location could do with some retail outlets.  You might be right regarding them having a personal issue with JF they need to open their eyes and back the move imo.    

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 76
BIGChris
November 3, 2014, 9:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
IMO the proposed ground move is not about John Fenty and I don't see it as just about GTFC, I see it as about the whole of NE Lincolnshire.
I travel around the country on business all the time and I see lots of Towns and cities developing, trying to attract investment and trying to give their citizens hope for the future.

Many have posted on this message board about Grimsby being a 'excrement hole'. A new vibrant community facility will help lift the doom and gloom, send a message out that NE Lincs is alive and kicking and open for business. If the Abel Uk development is completed, the off shore renewables starts to bring new sustainable employment & a new stadium with sparkling community facilities then the youth of the area can have hope for the future, that the university educated can return to the area because of new jobs, and make the place a very attractive place to live and bring up a family.

IF the council don't back the plans then I think we may as well put the closed signs up. They have the chance to revive the area, to make it prosperous, not just by granting planning permission for a stadium but by moving the Town forward with hope.

The opportunity lies in the hands of the few. I hope when the time comes they make a positive decision for the ultimate benefit of all
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 76
Biccys
November 3, 2014, 10:08pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Best post ever.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 76
KingstonMariner
November 3, 2014, 10:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Thank you PB we need to really show support and I hope the wider fans get this.

What about the skinny ones?  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 76
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 4, 2014, 7:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
I think BC has got it spot on there. You only have to look at the demise that it's had on Hereford as the best example. A town that's ground was stuck in the 70,s (1870's) that could not get approval to be rehomed/developed. The club then becomes extinct.

So mr defruityarse, I put this to you, when you've got 3000 people that no longer have a football club, where will they go???

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 76
gtfc98
November 4, 2014, 10:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from BIGChris
IMO the proposed ground move is not about John Fenty and I don't see it as just about GTFC, I see it as about the whole of NE Lincolnshire.
I travel around the country on business all the time and I see lots of Towns and cities developing, trying to attract investment and trying to give their citizens hope for the future.

Many have posted on this message board about Grimsby being a 'excrement hole'. A new vibrant community facility will help lift the doom and gloom, send a message out that NE Lincs is alive and kicking and open for business. If the Abel Uk development is completed, the off shore renewables starts to bring new sustainable employment & a new stadium with sparkling community facilities then the youth of the area can have hope for the future, that the university educated can return to the area because of new jobs, and make the place a very attractive place to live and bring up a family.

IF the council don't back the plans then I think we may as well put the closed signs up. They have the chance to revive the area, to make it prosperous, not just by granting planning permission for a stadium but by moving the Town forward with hope.

The opportunity lies in the hands of the few. I hope when the time comes they make a positive decision for the ultimate benefit of all

nail on the head.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 76
Garth
November 4, 2014, 10:31am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from BIGChris

Pity you are not on the council Chris, oh wait that would mean a risk of a change for the better,end of the road town end of the road politics
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 76
November 4, 2014, 10:56am
Guest User
Quoted from KingstonMariner

What about the skinny ones?  

It's okay, I think it was aimed at me.
Reply: 37 - 76
promotion plaice
November 4, 2014, 11:45am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
The debate over the new stadium carries on, but still nothing has actually happened.

John Fenty mentions that the clubs future is at stake if it cannot relocate, the club in its current guise is being propped up by its directors.
The directors must have an idea how long this situation can carry on, and i hope the council have been made aware of this by the club.

John Fenty may well be carrying the burden of dropping out of the league on his watch, but the present council members ( as a group ) will have a far greater burden to carry if wrong decisions are made on their watch and GTFC folds.

Objectors to the peaks parkway ground would in time get used to it and learn to live with it, and some of them ( in time ) would in hindsight think it was the right idea.
Football fans would never ever forgive those responsible for the loss/demise of their beloved football club.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 76
Mariner Ronnie
November 4, 2014, 12:01pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from promotion plaice
The debate over the new stadium carries on, but still nothing has actually happened.

John Fenty mentions that the clubs future is at stake if it cannot relocate, the club in its current guise is being propped up by its directors.
The directors must have an idea how long this situation can carry on and i hope the council have been made aware of this by the club.

John Fenty may well be carrying the burden of dropping out of the league on his watch, but the present council members ( as a group ) will have a far greater burden to carry if wrong decisions are made on their watch and GTFC folds.

Objectors to the peaks parkway ground would in time get used to it and learn to live with it, and some of them ( in time ) would in hindsight think it was the right idea.
Football fans would never ever forgive those responsible for the loss/demise of their beloved football club.

Great post RP, I'll be one of those that'll have an axe to grind with objectors if it doesn't go through!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relocation.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.