Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relocation.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 240 Guests

Relocation.

This thread currently has 9,831 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
November 3, 2014, 2:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
and the murder, stabbing, crackhouse , first "crimbo" ,cannabis factories and evicting poor little old dears from their cozy tower blocks that we have received coverage for over the last month...but apart from that.....GTFC and Kevin from Grimsby..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 76
WappingMariner
November 3, 2014, 2:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +125
Quoted from moosey_club
and the murder, stabbing, crackhouse , first "crimbo" ,cannabis factories and evicting poor little old dears from their cozy tower blocks that we have received coverage for over the last month...but apart from that.....GTFC and Kevin from Grimsby..

Fuddy old codgers. Same fuddy old codgers that don't want the ground at Peaks Parkway because it'd be "too noisy". Fuddy old codgers.

We've got Jason Pearcey, number one, we've got the best team in the land...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 76
Chrisblor
November 3, 2014, 3:11pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,758
Gold Stars: 233
That Kevin bloke off the dancing programme is a bloody Scunthorpe supporter anyway, so he can get copulated.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 76
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 3, 2014, 3:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Mrs mangle was from Meggies if that helps

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 76
November 3, 2014, 3:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
While we are on this john, and apologies IF you have commented on the other thread (atmosphere),

* is there any way that town fans can get the osmond stand back while pitiful away attendances are common place? What's the point when we have 3000 fans and already 5500 empty seats in the other stands

* would any of the ideas presented! ever be considered by the board?We have a representative of the Trust on the board.

* what is the next stage (timescale wise) with regards to the new stadium and have any other stadia been singled out to be used as a blueprint?
Dunno!

Reply: 14 - 76
mimma
November 3, 2014, 3:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
What I don't understand is how Hull can build their stadium next to the infirmary, in a built up area with hardly a whisper of complaint, whilst we have to put up with every kind of objection going.

It doesn't make any sense to me.

In your opinion Mr. Fenty, is this a Grimsby thing, is it the council, or what is it?

I don't get it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 76
November 3, 2014, 4:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from mimma
What I don't understand is how Hull can build their stadium next to the infirmary, in a built up area with hardly a whisper of complaint, whilst we have to put up with every kind of objection going.

In your opinion Mr. Fenty, is this a Grimsby thing, is it the council, or what is it?

I don't get it.

I don't know but I get the impression the Council have earmarked this land, the enabling development is probably the sticking point. From what I can gather, we should be able to raise money from the sale of BP, then you are talking EU grants with a large chunk coming from the enabling development. The economy is picking up, perhaps Morrisons would prefer a site closer to Town than Laceby, Frankie and Bennies are more than welcome too.

Is there a shortfall? I assume so and how on earth will a presumably seven figure shortfall be met? That's my understanding but big business goes way above my head!
Reply: 16 - 76
moosey_club
November 3, 2014, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from mimma

I don't get it.

The first choice (Ie Great Coates) was a greenfield site (endless red tape) that also fell within emergency zones of the neighbouring industries (more red tape) on the edge of a village (NIMBY's) so all in all probably not a great choice of site in the first place although ironically identified as a site by the council at the time.
This site takes over allotments (protected status so more red tape), is next to the crem and the central cemetary for Grimsby (publically sensitive) and we  now appear to be in a chicken and egg situation with "enabling developers" who wont publically enter the fray (if they do actually exist) until an assurance on land transfer is gained.

2020 best case scenario i would imagine.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 76
oldun
November 3, 2014, 4:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I must say I sympathise with John and the board who must be very frustrated with the difficulties in securing support for a move to a new site. I realise the location of such a development is always going to be sensitive but people need to realise there is no such thing as a site that will have no objections, so the powers that be need to take this into account and work with The Club and developers to mitigate any major objections, continually saying no just will not do. As for proposals being used for political purposes, those involved need to stop posturing and contribute to supporting the development of this town. It seems to me that if councillors and their officers decide something is to be done, they are happy to ride rough shod over public opinion, e.g spending £8m on a new swimming pool few people want, scrapping a functioning bus station and replacing it with a dog's dinner of a facility much worse than what went before it, building a new cinema in the centre of town without any consultation whatsoever, wasting millions on block paving which is not fit for purpose,closing youth clubs and toilets (now rescinded after an outcry) etc etc. As for Ukip well, do they have the club and the town at heart? Certainly not and by attaching themselves to a hair brained scheme purely to try to attract some populist support they have shown themselves for what they are, a group who will attach themselves to anything for a short term gain. Major developments, quite rightly need careful and detailed planning and cannot be done on a whim and on the back of a cigarette packet, get real.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 76
mimma
November 3, 2014, 5:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
May I just explain what the exclusion zone was, since I use to work at Novartis site.

It is NOT an exclusion zone, or anything to do with Health & Safety, it is simply an area deemed to be close enough that anyone inside it should be warned of any release of gasses or smoke. An early warning system, no more. There is, & never was any reason to stop any development inside this zone.

In any case, the real problem at Novartis was due to liquid chlorine stored & used on site, and any problems from its release. They stopped using chlorine, & all the chorine plant has  been demolished many years ago.

It became another excuse to stop the new stadium.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relocation.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.