Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relocation.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 258 Guests

Relocation.

This thread currently has 9,859 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner Ronnie
November 3, 2014, 5:07pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
If this stadium doesn't go ahead, it'll be the town going even further down that steep slope. I'm proud to say I'm from Grimsby, when I was growing up it was a nice place to live, that was on the west marsh, now I wouldn't even walk through most of it, I always try and pick out the positives with this town but now I'm starting to struggle :/, here's to praying it happens!!

UTM!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 76
Nelly GTFC
November 3, 2014, 5:32pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 31
Councillors in York have voted to borrow an extra £4m to keep plans for a community sports facility on track.

Can you imagine our Council doing this for Grimsby Town lol
Quoted from BBC News | 11th October 2014
City of York Council said in September it needed further funding to help build a leisure complex at the facility.

It gave plans to borrow another £4m the go-ahead at a meeting on Thursday night.

The total cost of the site is £37m and is part-funded by the council, with the rest coming from grants and revenue from commercial developments.
Full info here >> [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-29565797]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-29565797[/url]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 76
gtfc98
November 3, 2014, 5:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Councillors in York have voted to borrow an extra £4m to keep plans for a community sports facility on track.

Can you imagine our Council doing this for Grimsby Town lolFull info here >> [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-29565797]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-29565797[/url]

In short, no. I can't imagine N E Lincs council doing anything remotely positive while the abrasive, and quite frankly arrogant Chris Shaw is the leader. How on earth he won an election I will never understand. Then of course we have our good friend Mr De Freitas, his only contribution to the area is the £7m he lost in that Icelandic Bank.  

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 76
grimsby pete
November 3, 2014, 5:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from gtfc98

Don't forgot the lovely Ella Henderson Pete!

I like Ella but to be honest I have not heard of her down here in Suffolk since the X factor.

BUT

Kevin is on every week on Strickly.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 76
Jaws
November 3, 2014, 6:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
With regards to Novartis - I believe all the sites on the bank collaborate together and assess the impact of a major incident. Potentially having to evacuate anywhere between 2,000-10,000 people is never going to be entertained.

It's amazing how the backwards thinking the town is, any other development in the country would have no issue getting rid of a few allotments. These people live in the centre of a town, if you want to grow crops then go live in the bleeding countryside. The world is expanding, having anything green in the centre of anywhere with more than 1,000 residents is going to get ripped up one day - sad fact of life, but true.

On the other hand the new stadium will not only secure jobs for those working directly for the club and sub-contractors that the club use, these employees wages will be fed back into the local economy. The stadium itself I assume will create more jobs due to the increased size. The development will incorporate other aspects I assume e.g. shops etc, more jobs. It's an enabler for community schemes - the club are very good at interaction with the people of the town, particularly children. The stadium will also in time, whether the club like it or not, for music/entertainment events - it's a good money spinner for the club and it also brings in people from outside the town spending money here, which is a good thing.

Back to the football side, but sticking on the topic of visitors to the town; if I were an away fan I'd rather visit a new stadium than BP. Don't care what you say about nostalgic value but the away attendances are a pittance, they are not going to drastically increase with promotion. There's nothing around the ground for away fans, nothing in the ground.

It's also unreasonable to expect any business to reside somewhere the age of BP - the main stand being wooden is embarrassing these days, it's not even mentioned when we're in the national press any more.

Just stick an olympic sized swimming pool in the car park, call it scartho baths 2 and we'll be fine.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 76
MuddyWaters
November 3, 2014, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
How do you get red crosses for telling Mr Fenty you've PMd him?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 76
grimsby pete
November 3, 2014, 6:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters
How do you get red crosses for telling Mr Fenty you've PMd him?

Maybe somebody does not like you.

Ignore them mate, some on here just like ticking the red box.

I got one for saying I have not heard anything of Ella Henderson since the  x factor,

How does he or she know what I have heard ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 76
northbankmariner
November 3, 2014, 7:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Quoted from Chrisblor
That Kevin bloke off the dancing programme is a bloody Scunthorpe supporter anyway, so he can get copulated.

But he did give steels fish restaurant massive free publicity on the show  

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 76
kingster72
November 3, 2014, 8:28pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Most fans agree that the club needs to move ASAP.  Where, who knows, but will support the move whatever.  It should be supported by the council, no doubting that, but you have to ask why are they not supporting the club, or it just John Fenty they don't support? Maybe.  I do not support UKIP at all, but to dismiss their new ground proposal as nonsense is as usual, foolish from John.  It's across the road from Great Coates, so why would it not suit an anchor tenant, like that site proposed?  You cannot just dismiss it outright, or is this just political scoring from Lord Fenty? This is a community stadium and new home for GTFC we are talking about and all locations and support must be considered until it becomes a reality.  It will never happen whilst John is involved, simple as!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 76
Getyourfactsright
November 3, 2014, 9:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from kingster72
Most fans agree that the club needs to move ASAP.  Where, who knows, but will support the move whatever.  It should be supported by the council, no doubting that, but you have to ask why are they not supporting the club, or it just John Fenty they don't support? Maybe.  I do not support UKIP at all, but to dismiss their new ground proposal as nonsense is as usual, foolish from John.  It's across the road from Great Coates, so why would it not suit an anchor tenant, like that site proposed?  You cannot just dismiss it outright, or is this just political scoring from Lord Fenty? This is a community stadium and new home for GTFC we are talking about and all locations and support must be considered until it becomes a reality.  It will never happen whilst John is involved, simple as!

It's in an health and safety exclusion zone. That's why.

Otherwise are you real!!!!!!
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relocation.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.