November 3, 2014, 7:43am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Hope this works....if so enjoy  

https://vine.co/v/OOOU2BWdX7d

Something I like with Shops penalties are that they are never the same where as we know Hannah's are routine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
November 3, 2014, 9:11am
Guest User
Quoted from BIGChris
LJL led the line well but at times the support was a little slow in arriving.

Agree, Saturday was a stroll in the park. I thought Dartford were awful and will probably be relegated. I thought Peter Sweeney was a disgrace, he showed touches well above this level but wasn't prepared to do any graft at all when his team mates needed him to dig in. When they made the double substitution after about 65 minutes, Sweeney was looking over and seemed gutted his number wasn't up. He must have 'run' about a mile all game. The best thing their manager could do is drop the lazy so and so. Sweeney will retire soon, he shouldn't need to work again, he should have played most of his career in the championship earning a ten figure weekly wage yet he's scratching around, playing part time non league football at barely 30 years old. What a waste of talent.

Anyway, Sweeney aside I do think 4-3-3 suits the squad (aside from Ross Hannah) but I am concerned we will not create enough chances against the better sides as for me, we still have the problem that the wider forwards aren't getting close enough to Lenny. In fact, they seem to be hugging the touchline and we look more of a 4-5-1. Also, despite playing a holding midfielder, the other two central midfielders aren't really pushing on into the 18 yard box as often as they should. Small tweaks are needed, but it's been a while now and the players don't seem to be taking it on board.
Reply: 41 - 49
mariner91
November 3, 2014, 10:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from 75

Agree, Saturday was a stroll in the park. I thought Dartford were awful and will probably be relegated. I thought Peter Sweeney was a disgrace, he showed touches well above this level but wasn't prepared to do any graft at all when his team mates needed him to dig in. When they made the double substitution after about 65 minutes, Sweeney was looking over and seemed gutted his number wasn't up. He must have 'run' about a mile all game. The best thing their manager could do is drop the lazy so and so. Sweeney will retire soon, he shouldn't need to work again, he should have played most of his career in the championship earning a ten figure weekly wage yet he's scratching around, playing part time non league football at barely 30 years old. What a waste of talent.

Anyway, Sweeney aside I do think 4-3-3 suits the squad (aside from Ross Hannah) but I am concerned we will not create enough chances against the better sides as for me, we still have the problem that the wider forwards aren't getting close enough to Lenny. In fact, they seem to be hugging the touchline and we look more of a 4-5-1. Also, despite playing a holding midfielder, the other two central midfielders aren't really pushing on into the 18 yard box as often as they should. Small tweaks are needed, but it's been a while now and the players don't seem to be taking it on board.

He had ability but a ten figure weekly wage?!

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
November 3, 2014, 10:31am
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

Nowadays mate, that's an average championship midfielders wage. Personally, I think he had enough ability to play at that level for a number of years. Don't you?
Reply: 43 - 49
Maringer
November 3, 2014, 10:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Ten figures indicates a wage of at least £1,000,000,000 per week.

Wish I'd spent more time kicking a ball around if that's the money on offer for a second tier player!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
Southwark Mariner
November 3, 2014, 10:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Maringer
Ten figures indicates a wage of at least £1,000,000,000 per week.

Wish I'd spent more time kicking a ball around if that's the money on offer for a second tier player!  

and then there's add-ons eg £200m if he scores, £50m for an assist
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
mariner91
November 3, 2014, 11:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from 75

Nowadays mate, that's an average championship midfielders wage. Personally, I think he had enough ability to play at that level for a number of years. Don't you?

He definitely had the ability. But think about how much ten figures is   .

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
Jarmo.Is.God
November 3, 2014, 3:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
so many positive comments on this thread is scary !

Magnay best since McDermott ?

Arnold's goal was brilliant, like the shops at Torquay, if in the Premiership, the pundits would of loved it !

Pittman looked eager to get the ball when come on which was good to see, and there just seems to be a positive vibe with the players and staff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
Jarmo.Is.God
November 3, 2014, 3:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from 137
Very pleased with the 3 points and a more-than-useful contribution from Pell.

Final thoughts: if we're going to play 433 well I think we'll need Brown to be in the team; wonder how Paddy feels about Pell's
signing and start?

i would like to think Paddy is happy for more fight for a position, i like to think any Professional likes to have to work for his place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
RoboCod
November 3, 2014, 3:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from mariner91

Those donuts ain't cheap.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.