Nelly GTFC
November 1, 2014, 5:53pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Who smashed the post near the end, was it Paddy? Would of been a great goal if it went in.

Thought Pell was great, passed it around well especially in the first half.  He did give up when that little excrement No 8 looked like he had given away a foul, only minor fault of the game from him.  Lucky not to have scored when he layed the keeper out with that fierce drive not far into their half lol.  

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
BIGChris
November 1, 2014, 5:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Dartford offered less than Altrincham, Southport, Dover etc they were very poor and in honesty we didn't have to get out of 2nd gear to claim a simple victory.

Games coming thick n fast so having a relatively gentle run out was good. Toto , Maggers and Shaun were very solid, Dizzy did well in the holding role.

LJL led the line well but at times the support was a little slow in arriving.

Goals change games and our first was a little fortuitous. How RH can claim it was Magnay when he didn't even touch the ball is beyond me.

2nd goal was great. The shop dispossed Sweeney, Clay fell Mackreth who's cross was volleyed in by Arnold. I thought Arnold didn't get in to the box enough but then again I wasnt privy to the instructions given by PH.

Penalty was for a clear and very stupid shirt pull on LJL who put the spot kick away well.

On to Braintree on Tuesday.

A bIt  dissapointed  with the attendance given kids for a quid and the great run we have been on but never mind. A few more 3-0 wins and the missing fans may return UTM
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
cmackenzie4
November 1, 2014, 6:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Good summary!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
mariner tommy
November 1, 2014, 6:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
Yes it was Paddy that hit the post at the end.
Again nobody played badly, and we never broke sweat because we didn't have to.
Our best players today ?  Pearson and Arnold were both outstanding I thought.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
Belfast Town
November 1, 2014, 6:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 18
Can't believe Magnay was credited with the first goal!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
mariner tommy
November 1, 2014, 6:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
Can anybody remember ever seeing the same side make three substitutions at the same time as Dartford did ?
I can't.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
Richard Cranium
November 1, 2014, 6:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
Obviously Hurst and LJL are back in the gang now with you so-called experts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
grimsby pete
November 1, 2014, 6:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Richard Cranium
Obviously Hurst and LJL are back in the gang now with you so-called experts

I never doubted them mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
JMT
November 1, 2014, 6:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Harry Pell looks like a bloody good player, anyone agree?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
oldun
November 1, 2014, 6:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Let's be honest, Dartford did not trouble us although they got forward  more after making 3 subs. We went off the boil for the first 20 mins of the second half and we were too slow moving the ball and getting forward. We picked it up again and created openings and were a bit unlucky not to get another goal or two. Macca had one cross cum shot to deal with all game. Defence looks very solid and calm,  Magnay had another very good game. Midfield did ok, Pell showed what a good player he is but  I thought he was ready to come off after an hour, but somehow he got a second wind and put in some strong forward runs towards the end including a couple of good efforts on goal. Arnold took his goal brilliantly after good work out on the right by Lenny, Clay and Macreth, who certainly can cross the ball well. Lenny was Mr Cool for the pen and had another good game. A competent performance all round. I do think if we play 433 then when Lenny comes short or goes out wide others need to get into the box otherwise it is left empty. Arnold did this for his goal and it should have happened more. No complaints with a 3-0 win and 3 more points, there is no doubt we have a good squad of players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.