6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner tommy
October 25, 2014, 7:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Pleased to see Boshell get a good round of applause as well.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 51
immariner
October 25, 2014, 7:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from WappingMariner
Magnay's cameo appearance in front of the back four when Walker came on towards the end is something we could and should utilise more, especially when defending a lead.

Excellent Wapper! Not being at the game today I didn't realise that this had happened and was going to pose the question whether, with his abilities, people thought that Magnay would make a good defensive/holding midfield player?

I guess PH does.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 51
October 25, 2014, 7:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

We will have to agree to differ. By far the least effective Town player on the pitch. Contrast his headless chicken style with Arnold's measured approach.
He shouldn't take free kicks because he can't!
Summed up for me when he bore down on goal with LJL and Arnold in better positions and fired in a weak effort...

Not sure if we disagree as such ?
I certainly agree he could have done better on a few occasions.
What "headless chicken" means I'm not sure - I don't think it hurts to have a player chasing and pressing defenders and he's doing it very well.
From that perspective, I'm not sure he looked as ineffective as others who looked static first half.
Like Mackreth, think his outfield contribution is under-rated and goals aside, thought he was no less effective than LJL was in outfield play, even from a "hold up" perspective.
Hey ho it's all about opinions but didn't his flick on help make the 1st goal ?
Reply: 12 - 51
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 25, 2014, 7:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Was it trialling a system in a competitive match??
Very well done to RH for doing this if so

On a negative note, once again very frustrated with the tune in app.

But, very well done again boys. Name in the hat for the 1st round again.  So begs the question, do we want a money spinning game (maybe on TV I.e Coventry, Bristol City, Sheff utd etc) or do we want an easy winnable tie (East Thurrock, Bromley or scunts)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 51
Les Brechin
October 25, 2014, 7:49pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,691
Gold Stars: 174
Don't know if Neilson was injured but I was questioning why he'd gone off at half-time rather than Mackreth, who'd offered nothing in the first half in my opinion, but fair play to PH as Mackreth did excellent for the first goal and was much improved 2nd half.

Let's hope Arnold can keep up this sort of form as he totally changed the game 2nd half when he came on.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 51
Abdul19
October 25, 2014, 8:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from barralad

We will have to agree to differ. By far the least effective Town player on the pitch. Contrast his headless chicken style with Arnold's measured approach.
He shouldn't take free kicks because he can't!
Summed up for me when he bore down on goal with LJL and Arnold in better positions and fired in a weak effort...

Agreed. When he was on loan I can't remember him working that hard, but he'd pop up in the box to score. Since then it seems the harder he's worked the less end product there's been!

As for the free kicks, I admire Thomas' persistence in offering to take them!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 51
October 25, 2014, 9:00pm
Guest User
He's just scored contender for goal of the season ?!!

Have to say just because LJL gets unfair treatment in certain quarters, I don't see the point in castigating Hannah (or any player) after 1 disappointing game.

Similarly LJL's worth should now be abundantly clear and whose benefit to the team surely should not need to be continually justified or promoted.
All this "LJL would have got stick for that" mammary for tat is unproductive sillyness IMO.

Reply: 16 - 51
Abdul19
October 25, 2014, 9:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 120797

Goals in delayed pre-season friendlies don't count

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 51
bax
October 25, 2014, 9:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 120797

Have to say just because LJL gets unfair treatment in certain quarters, I don't see the point in castigating Hannah (or any player) after 1 disappointing game.

Similarly LJL's worth should now be abundantly clear and whose benefit to the team surely should not need to be continually justified or promoted.
All this "LJL would have got stick for that" mammary for tat is unproductive sillyness IMO.

In my opinion he hasn't been at the races since he scored against Huddersfield in January. He's a confidence player and when he gets a run in the team he scores goals. When he's in and out as he has been for a while, he's less effective. I thought he wasn't particularly good today, made lots of poor choices, poor finishing and awful free kicks. With JPP back fit his position will be in jeopardy again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 51
Abdul19
October 25, 2014, 9:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Also, top marks to the Guiseley fan(s) who randomly displayed a Space Ibiza flag

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.