Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 350 Guests

Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!

This thread currently has 8,420 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Getyourfactsright
October 19, 2014, 6:55am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Now the Zinfandel has worn off..

Please can my 5 fishy friends lighten up just a tad!!!!!

Two great wins away back to back and am cheered up no end. Results that might just spur us on. Credit to the team and Paul particularly for the character shown yesterday.

Can I spell such a word!!! well that one, yep I certainly can, but with the combination of being happy, not having my glasses on, the Zinfandel and a great win. Does it really matter!!!!!

Just Back the title!!!
Well I was at the game! Yes in Torquay and the post came soon after we jumped in the car.  

Bit Quite sorry (Quiet) the content!!!!!
Well it was.

Was that having a go at my 5 Fishy Friends!!! Not at all. Did I post with them in mind, Absolutely not.

Was it funny!!!! I thought so

We were in stitches all the way home watching the hits escalate in number, 4000 plus. I could imagine the fishy 5 foaming at the mouth as they posted from the security of their anonymity and likely, the warmth of an armchair, at how dare I come on their forum, spell something wrong and have a go.  

Just happy that's all for the fans, Paul, players and myself and not to forget my 5 Fishy friends too.

Hope we can kick on, pack the pack the Park and show the unrelenting support a successful team needs to be successful.

A result thats cheered me up no end, left me with a bad head, which could be the turning point of the season. Much better than feeling lower than a snakes belly as after Southport.

Best JOHN
UTM

Private Message
psgmariner
October 19, 2014, 7:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Good on you john.

Utm.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
Trawler
October 19, 2014, 7:52am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Fishy forum gold.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
chaos33
October 19, 2014, 7:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
They say alcohol clouds judgement. I don't know how professional or helpful it was to get drunk and then log on to the forum and start the just back thread by goading our own supporters. Funny or not, I don't think it was necessary. We've had that much anger, disappointment, quarrelling, etc in recent weeks that it would have been great for us all to be rejoicing at those results and coming together, discussing what we've been doing well. Instead, more of the above.

I agree that there have been many digs and insults aimed at the manager and the owner on here, and they are equally unhelpful. I just don't think this is the way to respond or to create unity, which, as you rightly say John, is needed for progress.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
Mrs Doyle
October 19, 2014, 8:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Christ on a blke John (if it is you) Please do not feed the trolls, the infamous five i expect it from but not from a director of the club how unprofessional does that look.   
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
October 19, 2014, 8:32am
Guest User
I'm in no position to criticise anybody for coming on the fishy after a few scoops on a Saturday night!

Let's all enjoy the weekend, but remember we haven't achieved anything yet. We are seventh in the Conference so I see no reason to celebrate that particular fact. We need to go on a proper run, we have the players in my opinion, let's hope they have that winning mentality as recent history suggests we win a couple then a home draw, a defeat then a win or two again. We need to be more than that. Let's crack on and in May we can get the champers out, never mind the Zinfandel!

I really hope PH sticks with 4-3-3 home and away as the players we have suit the formation. Just get the wider players of the three to play closer to the main striker and get the central midfielders to break beyond the defence and we'll smash teams. I think Nathan Arnold can be a key player and give us pace wide, if we can keep John Paul Pittman fit, we have a league one standard striker who will score tons.

Forget signing a striker for now, but a right back is required. Sign Parslow if available or give Paul Walker a go.

UTM!
Reply: 5 - 64
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 19, 2014, 8:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from chaos33
They say alcohol clouds judgement. I don't know how professional or helpful it was to get drunk and then log on to the forum and start the just back thread by goading our own supporters. Funny or not, I don't think it was necessary. We've had that much anger, disappointment, quarrelling, etc in recent weeks that it would have been great for us all to be rejoicing at those results and coming together, discussing what we've been doing well. Instead, more of the above.

I agree that there have been many digs and insults aimed at the manager and the owner on here, and they are equally unhelpful. I just don't think this is the way to respond or to create unity, which, as you rightly say John, is needed for progress.

You never posted after a couple of sherbets mate???

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
chaos33
October 19, 2014, 9:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
I'm not the club owner. I frequently post after drinks but I don't generally start threads and certainly not ones that are provocative or goading. I'm not offended, ok. I just think it was crass.It's no biggy. Jeez, let's just talk about the game.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
Mrs Doyle
October 19, 2014, 9:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Careful Lads/lasses the Government is about to change the rules "Trolls could face two years behind bars" lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
wigworld
October 19, 2014, 9:17am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Indeed! Careful John! [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29678989[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.