Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 375 Guests

Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!

This thread currently has 8,476 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
October 20, 2014, 2:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from GrimRob
Is there that much difference to posting on here and tweeting? The media is full of tweets from public figures every day, some of them much more controversial than saying "quiet on here" (which it always is anyway after Town win!).

Good point Rob - you're right, there isn't much difference.

The one BIG difference is that the majority of public figures who tweet have the considerable weight of PR agencies behind them, so they're constantly being advised on their social strategy, when to post, how to engage, who's worth ignoring, who's worth targeting, measuring the sentiment of the responses. The controversial things they say are often very well planned and very closely managed, designed to get a response, provoke discussion and raise profiles in the right environments (at the right time).

I very much doubt Fenty has any of this behind him.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 50 - 64
Garth
October 20, 2014, 4:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from RichMariner
Fair enough if you don't agree Garth, but it's not exactly 'bull'. It's just my perspective on things.

As a senior figure at the football club it's vital that he comes across as professional. He reflects our football club. That doesn't mean he can't engage with the fans on here, but it does mean that people are constantly judging him, and therefore judging our club.

I don't want to see our major shareholder, or any senior figure, responding to fans on here who wind him up. He should rise above that. So it might only be 'friendly banter' but it does more harm than good in the long run.

If/when Town lose a couple on the bounce, he'll get more personal criticism and vitriol on here from those fans he's targeting than he otherwise would if he didn't acknowledge them.

Just to be clear - I'm perfectly happy for him to engage with fans on here. But he needs to be careful when he posts, and what he talks about, otherwise the whole situation will escalate and before you know it someone else will post defamatory comments and he'll again be asking for the site to be taken down.

It all might seem fine right now while everyone's feeling relatively positive following a couple of good results, but wait for the moment we lose two on the bounce and this message board will become a very different forum.

No comment needed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
Chrisblor
October 20, 2014, 4:36pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Garth

No comment needed

That's a terrible response - you've only quoted part of the first highlighted sentence and taken it totally out of context.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
rancido
October 21, 2014, 11:32am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Chrisblor

That's a terrible response - you've only quoted part of the first highlighted sentence and taken it totally out of context.

That may be so but the two statements do contradict each other.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
Garth
October 21, 2014, 11:36am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from rancido

My point exactly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 64
Chrisblor
October 21, 2014, 11:44am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from rancido

No they don't. You can still generally engage with fans while ignoring those trying to wind you up.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
MarinerWY
October 21, 2014, 12:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from rancido

They don't at all. One is about engaging in the fans in general, the other is specifically about the winding-up element. Personally I don't have a huge problem with John's posts and think there was a bit of an overreaction, but I understand where others are coming from in that is somewhat unprofessional. But then I like the fact that it is so, shows he's one of us at heart, despite his role.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
Abdul19
October 21, 2014, 12:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
Always much easier to create a contradiction when you cut off a chunk of the sentence!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 21, 2014, 12:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Abdul19
Always much easier to create a contradiction when you cut off a chunk of the sentence!

We will probably say the same with Oscar Pistorious before long.

Too right though. Context is everything if a quote is to reflect meaning.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 64
arryarryarry
October 21, 2014, 2:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido

You and the other guy quite clearly have a problem reading more than a few words together.

Try reading it again a bit more slowly and you will see that the statements don't contradict each other.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickled Pink 4000 plus hits!!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.